PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How does Michael Smith have a job??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
He makes listening to Joe Thiesman and Paul Mcguire acceptable... He has no knowledge, and just likes to hear himself talk.. Another talking head..

Yo Dude, are you dissing Michael Smith of ESPN.com? If so, you're probably a Dan Deirdorf fan, right?

Smith is by far one of the sharpest, most insightful people working in sports media today. You may not like his speaking style, he can really bring it to the face, but you can't deny his skill as a writer and thinker in the sports world. I hope you have taken the time to read some of the hundreds of fine columns he has penned before trashing him like you are the all-time judge of reporter talent.

Opne your mind up a little more, I bet you'll find very few other writer types with his depth of knowledge, pragmaticism, and verve.

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:
Yo Dude, are you dissing Michael Smith of ESPN.com? If so, you're probably a Dan Deirdorf fan, right?

Smith is by far one of the sharpest, most insightful people working in sports media today. You may not like his speaking style, he can really bring it to the face, but you can't deny his skill as a writer and thinker in the sports world. I hope you have taken the time to read some of the hundreds of fine columns he has penned before trashing him like you are the all-time judge of reporter talent.

Opne your mind up a little more, I bet you'll find very few other writer types with his depth of knowledge, pragmaticism, and verve.

I agree, I find Michael Smith to be one of the better, if not the best, sports writer for ESPN.

yeah smith is good..now Merril Hodge and Mike Mayock piss me off

Remix 6 said:
yeah smith is good..now Merril Hodge and Mike Mayock piss me off

Michael Smith is one of ESPN's top commodities. He is unique amongst their talking heads because he blends some insider knowledge, like today's Jevon Walker revelation for example, and actual football talk in his analysis whereas the rest of the crew either specialize in football personnel (Mort, Clayton, Kiper) while the others are straight X's and O's (Salisbury, Allen, Golic, etc.).

Hodge is by far the biggest blowhard. Today's six o'clock SportsCenter had a mock draft of the top ten picks that lasted about half the show. Anyways, Hodge was all over the place as he had Chad Jackson at #5 to the Pack, the Saints taking Vernon Davis, and Mario Williams to the Titans. :rolleyes:

Sean Pa Patriot said:
He makes listening to Joe Thiesman and Paul Mcguire acceptable... He has no knowledge, and just likes to hear himself talk.. Another talking head..

Weird, because on NFL draft countdown message board, most of people think differently.

the word smith is great. you are an idiot.

Honest ta gawd, how the hell does Merril Hodge have a job?

re

Handel said:
Weird, because on NFL draft countdown message board, most of people think differently.

Well, most fans also get a hard-on anytime their team signs a flashy name player. We're different over here - a little smarter and more objective. (at least I'd like to think so)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Honest ta gawd, how the hell does Merril Hodge have a job?

Ohh yeah, he also had Cutler above both Young and Leinart. YCNMIU.

maverick4 said:
Well, most fans also get a hard-on anytime their team signs a flashy name player. We're different over here - a little smarter and more objective. (at least I'd like to think so)

Huh? NFLDC board is a bit like this one: many very informed guys and some bandwagoners...

I totally agree

Sean Pa Patriot said:

I totally agree, I don't know what the rest of you are watching, but Michael Smith SUX!!!! For someone who writes for the Globe, he knows less about the Patriots then most people on this board. Plus he is entirely too critical of the Sox, never optisms just straight out criticism. And then whenever the hometown teams prove him wrong, he does his lame ass: "I am happy to be wrong routine." Michael Smith knows NOTHING, and I can't believe he has a job.

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:

We are all indebted to Michael Smith for breaking his story this morning on EEI about the Pats and Packers talking about Walker. His scoop was only two hours after it had been posted on ESPN.COM. Man, you just don't find better journalism than that!

spacecrime said:
We are all indebted to Michael Smith for breaking his story this morning on EEI about the Pats and Packers talking about Walker. His scoop was only two hours after it had been posted on ESPN.COM. Man, you just don't find better journalism than that!
Blame EEI for over-hyping bulls#\t, not Smith for agreeing to do a late morning interview and sharing what he knows.

spacecrime said:

Michael Smith broke the news on ESPN.com.

Walker to visit Saints, Broncos

By Michael Smith
ESPN.com

Here is a good quote from Mike Smith , who is such a great ESPN commodity.. " Not since Troy Aikman , has a number 1 draft choice at Qb taken his team to the super bowl"... Guess he never heard of a guy named Drew Bledsoe... Mike Smith cant hold a candle to the likes of Adam Schefter, Chirs Mortenson, and Mike Holley.... Peter King is getting a little tiresome as well... But Mike Smith , sorry I just dont see his great journalist traits...

Sean Pa Patriot said:

i have had the priveledge to meet him and talk to him for a while

great guy

and have you ever read anything from him, hes a great writer

He used to be good , before he got a big head with the apperance on Around the horn, and he seemed like a great replacement for Cafardo, but then he became cafardo... Just dont get him...

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Blame EEI for over-hyping bulls#\t, not Smith for agreeing to do a late morning interview and sharing what he knows.
I guess you weren't listening to the show, were you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back