PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do YOU watch the Pats games....

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 65" DLP HDTV, which will have cost me nada if the Pats win SB XLI.

In my tighty whiteys.....dingy T-shirt.......and my **** in my hand.

BTW....to clarify.....**** is beer.....most of the time.....well....some of the time......

I must admit I am somewhat like you stcjones,if there is an interception by the other team,I have to leave and go to the computer ,then I sneak back 2-3 minutes later to see what happens,if its a day when I can have a few libations,my family laughs at me when the Pats score or get a TD ,cause they can hear shouting "yes! yes!"...I will watch this coming game in its entireity,win (yes!) or lose.....

I start by sitting on my couch with my blue brady jersey and my football in my hand...as the game goes on, if its tense, I walk around, and squeeze the ball a lot. If we're cruising then I can relax.

I loose my voice come playoff time..only to get it back the following sunday and loose it again. I usually get to Goodtimes ( a huge sports bar out here in the boston area) and sit with about 15-20 buddies...grab a huge table, some pizza, alot of beer (bud).. and I act as intense at home as I do there..theres just something about being around alot of pats fans, and your friends come playoff time..

I yell at the top of my lungs on huge plays, get the whole bar clapping or chanting DEFENSE.. Its a good time.

Usually on playoff weekends, I wake up hit the gym--play a little catch after the gym with a buddy or 2 to loosen up, kill some time, get home shower-- a little fun with the girlfriend.. eat a big lunch..by now its 4..I hit the road-Its the weekend so I do a little of the Ricky Williams or Vick-- get to the bar, flirt with the same 3 waitresses as always, watch the rest of the NFC game, by the time the pats are on, I am at a little buzz..and ready to go.

My house is an absolute zoo. I start out pacing. Then I yell, either good or bad, most of the rest of the game. Of course, with me acting nutty the kids pick up on it and they turn into a pair of freaks. Every so often I get to interject with my "TOCHDOWN PATRIOTS" yell - and sometimes I have to say "don't say that" to the kids when a not so good thing happens. My low point was when we were down 8 to Detroit and I kicked the TV.

And, yes, I try to take an aspirin at halftime to help the headache I always have on Sunday night. I hate watching Patriots games . . . but I wouldn't miss one for anything.

as far as rituals go....

my white brown jersey...Everytime Ive worn it on gameday, we win.

During the regular season I watch the games at my friends' house because they have a big screen t.v. and the NFL Sunday ticket package. During the playoffs, however, I like to watch the games at home with my father (not a Patriots fan but likes watching football). It's hard to watch playoffs around my friends because they root against the Pats because they are bitter their teams not making the playoffs (49ers) or early exit (Cowboys). So during playoff time, I like peace and quiet and prefer to watch games with family. This has been the longest week I can remember, I can't wait until Sunday!

In my tighty whiteys.....dingy T-shirt.......and my **** in my hand.

BTW....to clarify.....**** is beer.....most of the time.....well....some of the time......

:confused: ..... :eek: .... :eek: .....

When I first started reading that, I thought you were going to say you get into a three point stance. Now, that would be different. Actually, what you do is pretty strange too. Is your fiancee sure about the whole thing? ;):confused: :)

She thinks I'm a weirdo. I'm pretty sure it'd be worse if I went into a three point stance though. lol..

This is a very valid point. MY wife and kids are either horrified or cracking up as I am pacing around....talking to the tv or the opponents players or coaches as they flash on the screen etc......

No one has ever cracked up about my intensity. They always tell me "I thought you were normal, but now I know you're insane." I can only grunt and say "Only during football season"

It brings out another side of me. The side that used to come out during the actual PLAYING of sports.

Usually jumping up and down on my bed in my underwear.

First off, great thread idea.

During the regular season I got a sports bar on Sundays with some friends and we post up all day and watch the games.

For the playoffs, I need to be alone. I'm the only Pats fan I know in my state and even if I did know others, I'd still want to be alone. The wife was kind enough to give me one of the extra bedrooms in the house AKA The Sports Bunker to display my Pats crap. This is where i watch the games on a servicable 26" TV I've watched each of the last three SBs on. The irony is, in the living room sits a 57" HD TV. I feel like the Pats play poorly when I watch on this TV, so for playoff games, it's in the bunker on the small screen. When the little TV dies (it's about 10 or 12 years old) I'll never throw it away. Too many memories.

I scream. I yell. I pace. I chew on pens. I have a talking Patriots football that I toss up and down or squeeze. It says "Touchdown Patriots!", "Here we go Patriots Here we go!" and also the "Money Money" song.

But the overiding theme is I need to be by myself. Cell phone off. Wife in the other room, or on a husband funded "why don't you go out and buy something nice for youself" afternoon at the mall or the movies. My friends and family know not to bother me. Everyone knows.

There's also a whole other area of neurosis and supersticions like what foods to eat etc. For instance, T-Shirt Dynasty has done some nice Wallpapers the last few weeks. I wish I could put them on my computer, but alas, I believe it's bad karma to change wallpapers in the middle of a playoff run.

Last edited:
It kills me watching a Pats game cuz I still live with my father and he's a moron. So I can't swear loudly when the Pats screw up, I can't cheerp too loudly when they do well. God I can't wait to get outta here.

I like to watch the game alone. That way I don't have to listen to anybody else and I don't piss anybody off. At half time and after the game I talk to my oldest and best friend and we go off to unload, usually agreeing, to get it all out. He likes to watch it alone too for the same reasons.

Oh and.............65 inch big screen Mitsubishi with the Marantz amp and Cambridge Soundworks speakers doesn't suck. :D

Wow...nice system!!! GO PATS!!!!

My house is an absolute zoo. I start out pacing. Then I yell, either good or bad, most of the rest of the game. Of course, with me acting nutty the kids pick up on it and they turn into a pair of freaks. Every so often I get to interject with my "TOCHDOWN PATRIOTS" yell - and sometimes I have to say "don't say that" to the kids when a not so good thing happens. My low point was when we were down 8 to Detroit and I kicked the TV.

And, yes, I try to take an aspirin at halftime to help the headache I always have on Sunday night. I hate watching Patriots games . . . but I wouldn't miss one for anything.

Well I think that is a very valid point. I can't imagine NOT watching a Pats game.....even though sometimes they are so stressful....people that are not fans of a sports team can't understand why I put myself through this cardiac arrest ritual week after week......I am going to try to watch the whole game tommorrow...but likely will go back to my usual routine of pacing, clicking back and forth on 3rd downs, and running back to the laptop to see what the heck happened.......Definitely will be loaded tommorrow.....!! GO PATS!!!!

I don't panic or pace. I do yell quite loudly. My family hates it. Sometimes I dance a stupid little dance.

Other than my religious beliefs I am not superstitious. I don't think my Patriots gear brings luck or misfortune. On big games like tomorrow I will be wearing all my gear from socks up. I don't have Patriots shoes or slippers.

Then I call my sons when the game is over if we aren't watching it together.

First off, great thread idea.

During the regular season I got a sports bar on Sundays with some friends and we post up all day and watch the games.

For the playoffs, I need to be alone. I'm the only Pats fan I know in my state and even if I did know others, I'd still want to be alone. The wife was kind enough to give me one of the extra bedrooms in the house AKA The Sports Bunker to display my Pats crap. This is where i watch the games on a servicable 26" TV I've watched each of the last three SBs on. The irony is, in the living room sits a 57" HD TV. I feel like the Pats play poorly when I watch on this TV, so for playoff games, it's in the bunker on the small screen. When the little TV dies (it's about 10 or 12 years old) I'll never throw it away. Too many memories.

I scream. I yell. I pace. I chew on pens. I have a talking Patriots football that I toss up and down or squeeze. It says "Touchdown Patriots!", "Here we go Patriots Here we go!" and also the "Money Money" song.

But the overiding theme is I need to be by myself. Cell phone off. Wife in the other room, or on a husband funded "why don't you go out and buy something nice for youself" afternoon at the mall or the movies. My friends and family know not to bother me. Everyone knows.

There's also a whole other area of neurosis and supersticions like what foods to eat etc. For instance, T-Shirt Dynasty has done some nice Wallpapers the last few weeks. I wish I could put them on my computer, but alas, I believe it's bad karma to change wallpapers in the middle of a playoff run.

Superstitions are a funny damned thing....I have a SBXXXVI Lite Beer hat or something that I got in Hong Kong where I watched the game that has been the "go to" lid this year...and have been going with the white Pats Jersey in the Playoffs.......will start with that regalia tommorrow....but am prepared to switch it up if need be....my other fav hat is a 1996 Pats lid that I was wearing when we won our first SB......that sometimes makes an appearance......GO PATS!!!!

Last edited:
i would start every colt. i may let brady hold for vinatari though.

She thinks I'm a weirdo. I'm pretty sure it'd be worse if I went into a three point stance though. lol..

If I went into a three point stance, my wife wouldn't notice. They've seen so much of me watching football over the years that they wouldn't even blink. My dogs would go nuts and think I'm playing with them however. They don't understand gameday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back