PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do you think the rest of the AFC EAST did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 thoughts not covered above:

Miami: read somewhere else (pasquerelli maybe) that teams took a long hard look this draft at what was available and then just collectively decided they didnt want to trade out of where they were at. One of the fewest draft day trade totals in recent history I think. So criticizing Miami for not demanding someone want to give them a 1 & 2 for a 1st seems a little much. It could be nobody wanted to pay the price.

NY Jets: While I like the picks they got. They were picking for NEED. While I am prepared to hear all about how "Pats started 2 rookies on our OL too so dont criticize the jesters." I think there is a fundamental difference between
PATS: starting training camp and a rookie flat out beating out a vet and

JESTERS: starting training camp with TWO high pick rookies as the anointed starters. That just means you have no fall back. And which 2 positions C and LT. oh boy. A lot of pressure on these guys to do everything right. And if these guys get hurt or cant handle the 16 game season; what are you going to do? Ask the teams for the last 6 games to play flag football for you?

Jets: Good draft.

Fins: Decent draft.

Bills: That first pick baffles me... Losman over Leinart, and reaching for a safety?!?!?! The rest are OK.

the Jets surely had a very good draft; i have not understood the 1st rounds for BUF...
Miami had a decent one

a very good one for us in my opinion

Good eval, Six. I'm still laughing over the Bill's draft...nothing like having two senile people run your organization.

The Jets did themselves proud...that was a great draft for them. I was so ticked when they took Schlegal, but it was a great move and a much more calculated reach than what the Bills did.

Last edited:
Jets = B- (Shored up the front line, but still have a ton of holes)
Bills = C (after the day 1 debacle, they rebounded a bit on day 2)
Dolphins = B (I think they did ok, but nothing earthshattering)

To me, the Patriots are the only team that added tools that will help them next year.

Pats_Fan_In_Illinois said:
Good eval, Six. I'm still laughing over the Bill's draft...nothing like having two senile people run your organization.

The Jets did themselves proud...that was a great draft for them. I was so ticked when they took Schlegal, but it was a great move and a much more calculated reach than what the Bills did.

Well, one would think that most 1st round choices going to a bad team SHOULD have a positive impact.

So I don't think anyone is saying that Whitner is a bad player - just that its baffling given their need at QB and other positions why they did what they did.

All rookies are question marks so of course there's no way to say who helped themselves more or less, but watching how BB and other teams play the draft like a fiddle, gaining quality and addressing need, moving back and forth to get the players that they generally want, it becomes clear that other teams just aren't up to that challenge for one reason or another.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
As with most teams, the rest of guys won't likely matter. So considering all aspects of the draft I give them a C, and could be much worse if Clemens never starts and Ferguson never makes the Pro Bowl.

I'm glad I didn't have you for a teacher. :p

The Jets dare I say it, may have done a better job than our beloved Patriots. :bricks: Unlike the other team in our division representing the state of NY, they addressed needs in the 1st round w/o sacrificing value. They manuevered in the 2nd round very nicely to draft Clemens ahead of Minnesota while adding a 2nd round pick in '07(which btw was WAY too much from Washington) in the process.

Pats_Fan_In_Illinois said:

The sad thing is your laughing over the Bill's draft just because the ppl on ESPN say so, when in reality their first four draft picks will all have an instant impact on the defensive side of the ball next year

A further comment on the poster who was talking about the risk/ reward ratio of Sabans draft. It came out last night on espn.com that Rodrique Wright the DT from Texas they took in the 7th will probably need major shoulder surgery that might cause him to be out for the year. Most teams knew about this condition, which certainly affected his play in the past two years, and was also the reason he lasted until the 7th. Hope he remembers how to redshirt players.

SamBamsFan said:
A further comment on the poster who was talking about the risk/ reward ratio of Sabans draft. It came out last night on espn.com that Rodrique Wright the DT from Texas they took in the 7th will probably need major shoulder surgery that might cause him to be out for the year. Most teams knew about this condition, which certainly affected his play in the past two years, and was also the reason he lasted until the 7th. Hope he remembers how to redshirt players.

I actually read Wright didn't even know about the condition until Saban told Wright that he had an injury when Saban called to say the dolphins were drafting him. Doesn't seem too serious since he still benched 225 33 times and played with it for at least a year. I imagine he'll get surgery, sit a year, and then play the next year. Great value pick. One thing about the dolphins, Culpepper, Manny Wright and Lemon also need to be factored into their grade. All in all, I think it was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back