PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do you know you like the Pats more than the Sox?

Just to be clear, I am NOT tearing down baseball. Or the Sox!!! It's more a statement of how obsessed I am with the Pats.

Wasn't pointed at you directly, just at the kind of poster these types of threads attract.

Funny how both pro games have the same amount of game action. 11 minutes.

Wow... I never would have guessed that in a million years.

I love all four sports teams. I just like the Patriots the best. And if it came to a World Series vs Pats reg season game I'd take the World Series game all day long. Don't you have TiVo?

As much as people talk about Boston being a Sox town, I always go back to September of 2007, when the Sox were playing the Yankees down the stretch in a season where they ultimately won the WS, but got annihilated in the ratings by the Pats' week 2 game vs. the Chargers.

You should have also gone back to the 2012 season all the way until last October. Nobody was giving a rats ass about them.

The Red Sox culture is completely different now. They are the defending Champions, in the middle of spring training. 10 years ago, you were getting minute by minute play by plays on everything happening down Ft Myers. This year, not so much. The Pats off season as taken a lot of attention away from them. Last year was the Welker saga, this year is Revis.

The Sox are a popular team no question, but they don't have a grip on the region like that anymore. I don't know if its because people are losing interest in baseball, don't like the owners, or they are just burnt out with the team. I personally think its a combination of the 3.

Another thing that really killed the Sox steam has been the recent Bruins playoff runs. NHL playoffs are some of the best sporting games to watch on TV. It has you on the edge of your seat every game. When that excitement is over, and all you're left with is baseball... Baseball as no chance.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back