PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Do You Feel As A Pats Fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I despise the Dolphins above all else. They haven't done anything in years, I know, but I ever hate the word Dolphin. If I meet someone, and they are a Dolphin fan, they become my sworn enemy.

Maybe I take this football thing a little too seriously...but it's WAR, damnit!

I hated the Dolphins with a passion in the '80's and '90's but since they have pretty much sucked since 2000 I have lost that passion.

I used to love Bills fans back in the day. They would over run Foxboro Stadium in the early '90's but were always cool. Back in those days the Bills would crush the Pats. Now that the shoe is on the other foot the Bills fans have become very bitter.

Since the AFCE has been a joke the last 8 years I reserve my dislike for the Colts and Steelers.

Jets fans have an unhealthy obsession with all thing Patriot. They are like pre 2004 Red Sox fans who had an unhealthy obsession with the Yankees.

Believe it or not I think Bills fans hate the Pats more than Jets fans. At least the Jets have beaten the Pats a couple of times over the last 7 years. I think the Bills have beaten us once.

That and Bledsoe. Bills fans may actually have a right.:D

That and Bledsoe. Bills fans may actually have a right.:D

That was a bad move. Either way, Bills fans have become psychos. They seriously detest all things Patriot.

I hear bandwagon, tuck rule, hgh, steriods and cheating coming from Bills fans.

It's not our fault they haven't made the playoffs in years. Actually, it probably is the Pats fault as the Bills are the Pats *****es!

Pumped and jacked. Looking forward to seeing some new faces on defense, preferably young.

I feel good. Optimistic.

I feel craptastic.

To tell you the truth, I feel pretty good as a fan of this team.
Sure we lost the big one but...
Only team to go 16-0 reg season..
Only team to go 18-0 ....ever.
Offense breaks 3 major NFL records. Maybe more..:confused:
Up to the Super Bowl, the Pats had survived being targeted
by other teams to pull out their stops. They survived spygate and Rodneygate. They survived blatant ref bias.
Truly a great regular season.

I look forward to the upcoming season knowing the FO is
doing everything it can to bring in the right guys to help make the team better. They always do.
We will be back in the hunt next year, too.

I hated the Dolphins with a passion in the '80's and '90's but since they have pretty much sucked since 2000 I have lost that passion.

I used to love Bills fans back in the day. They would over run Foxboro Stadium in the early '90's but were always cool. Back in those days the Bills would crush the Pats. Now that the shoe is on the other foot the Bills fans have become very bitter.

Since the AFCE has been a joke the last 8 years I reserve my dislike for the Colts and Steelers.

I've lived in Denver the past few years (finally getting back to my birthplace in the Northeast), so I have been having to not only see our losses to the Broncos but live it. I DESPISE the Broncos, I DESPISE the Dolphins...hell I hate the Jets and Bills too.

Though I must say, I hate the Bills the least.

Loss still stings!! Draft is a great time of year!
Can't wait to see what Belichick does with the draft and of course June 1st.
Defense needs to get youngerand think that Golsten would fit nicely, can't imagine he'll be there at 7. Do we have the "juice" to go up and get him??

That was a bad move. Either way, Bills fans have become psychos. They seriously detest all things Patriot.

I hear bandwagon, tuck rule, hgh, steriods and cheating coming from Bills fans.

It's not our fault they haven't made the playoffs in years. Actually, it probably is the Pats fault as the Bills are the Pats *****es!

Well, we also let them "steal" a washed up Bledsoe, so the Patriots can be blamed by them for a few years of ineptitude.

I guess I'm just weak, I'm still not over that super bowl. Won't be till we win another. The playoffs for me essentially started after that Indy win when it truly looked like 19-0 was a possibility. Waiting week after week for gameday seeing if we can stay unbeaten... and all the media hype, all for not. Plus the spygate crap, arguing endlessly with idiots. I just wanna get away from it all till some actual meaningful games are played.

Loss still stings!! Draft is a great time of year!
Can't wait to see what Belichick does with the draft and of course June 1st.
Defense needs to get youngerand think that Golsten would fit nicely, can't imagine he'll be there at 7. Do we have the "juice" to go up and get him??
The draft is like a slate washed clean. I would not mind Gholston but I think we can do better than a first round seven pick with a few choices and and player. This is all based on the starts aligning but why not, it's fun to speculate (don't hate Hitler youth out there, this is conjecture). Oakland lost a high pick in the Hall deal. I say swap out our seven first rounder (worth 1,500) and our second rounder #31 (worth 284) for Oaklands' 4th (worth 1,800).
We know Jerry Jones has said he would not go for McFadden if he has to move that high because he figures it will cost him his #22 and his #28 in round one and his second rounder as well plus maybe Barber III. But would he swap #22 and #28 (worth about 1,460) and ILB Bobby Carpenter (6' 2" 250 lbs and 4.62 40) for our then #4 first?
We could snag maybe CB DRC at#22 and OLB Dan Conner at #28 and get Carpenter too. Just thinking out loud but the Cowboys are shopping Carpenter for a #3, and a late #3 is about the same (360) in value. Would you? The numbers all about work and Jones doesn't have to give up almost the whole first day.
Hence the #7 brings us three possible starters.
Now we still have a pair of threes (I like ND TE Carlson early if he is still there and ASU SS Josh Barrett later in three and his 4.39 40 at 229 lbs).
In my opinion that would be a decent day one.
DW Toys

My wife and out-laws are all Bills fans. We go to Pats @ Bills games every year. I love being up there because the scene is very old-fashioned and much more loose. Plus, I'm tight with my brother in law and his wife and we have other close friends up there. We park in a private lot and the owner lets us go all out and there's no cops. There's lots of Pats fans who kinda blend in well (same colors help a lot).

I'm still having a hard time getting over the game-that-shall-remain-nameless. It hurts more than it should. I'm ignoring the political smear job going on. I just want to snap out of this funk...I hope the draft helps....

I'll never move on until they win it again or a few years pass by. It just saddens me when ever I think of the Pats.

Although I am fairly new to the boards, and young (16 years old), I have been a die hard Pats fan since I was four. I live far from the east coast in orange county, and I get so much garbage for loving the patriots. San Diego fans can be idiots sometimes. So the loss definitely put me in terrible for a couple of weeks but I still see light at the end of the tunnel. I still refuse to watch the super bowl game, and I just really hope we can bounce back nex year. With spygate and everything on the air it becomes harder to be prideful. The signing of Moss definitely made things much more easier to swallow though. A good draft day wouldn't hurt either.

All in all
The SB game definitely left some wounds, but I know Brady and co will bounce back.

The Patriots blew a chance to be immortal, the 2007 team was stacked and was simply better than the entire league. The 2008 team will be good but is now a leading contender not a dominant force.

All the "as spygate turns" BS bounces right off me, the Patriots are 3 time champions, deal with it.

I really, really, really want to see Brady get a least one more Superbowl.

I agree with your feelings on the question exactly......I am still reeling from the SB loss......every time I hear a talking head on ESPN say things like....."and now on to a story about Eli Manning who led the giants to the historic upset victory over the Patriots" or "Now the Patriots are having to deal with spygate part 2, after having to deal with having a chance at immortality matching only the 72 doofins as the only unbeaten team that won a SB....and now no one will ever match that".....etc ....of course this same mediot forgets that the Patriots eclipsed the doofins win streak........they are the new owners of the consecutive game winning streak........which NO ONE will break again...........Anyways, every single talking head keeps ripping open the wound and dumping piles of salt on it....day.....after day after day........

The SB loss last season will NEVER GO AWAY for me........We were 36 seconds away from immortality.........we had gomer in the grasp.......and .....we let it slip away.......Won't ever get over it.........

Now onto the second part of what you said....again agree.....The Pats had a tremendous opportunity last year and they really blew it in NOT TAKING ADVANTAGE of that moment....they came out flat and BB and boy blunder got horribly outcoached......Since luck does play a tremendous role in getting to the SB (SEE the NY GINTS) and since many teams go 20-40 years without winning ANOTHER SB......we may be in for a long wait to get back there again.......and again....Matt Turnstile Light......Nick "Doormat" Kaczur, and Logan "Beeyatch" Mankins better remember this blown opportunity for the rest of their lives......just like I will.....very painful....and worst loss in Boston sports history......

Anyways, that having been said, I am sure I will be ready to watch them do whatever they do this season and cheer them on......GO PATS!

I despise the Dolphins above all else. They haven't done anything in years, I know, but I ever hate the word Dolphin. If I meet someone, and they are a Dolphin fan, they become my sworn enemy.

Maybe I take this football thing a little too seriously...but it's WAR, damnit!

amen to that man....i f'ing hate the doofins.....followed closely behind by man-GINA and the jets

Last edited:
How do I feel? Excited about the new season, really excited because I am thinking of a trip to training camp and maybe a game at Gillette this year. Proud of our organization, owner and coach and much calmer about the sh*tty way last season ended a. because reading BB's take on it is so refreshing and practical and always makes me feel better and b. because that game was ruined anyway, even before it was played because of all this stupid crap that we are still talking about.

Although I am fairly new to the boards, and young (16 years old), I have been a die hard Pats fan since I was four. I live far from the east coast in orange county, and I get so much garbage for loving the patriots. San Diego fans can be idiots sometimes. So the loss definitely put me in terrible for a couple of weeks but I still see light at the end of the tunnel. I still refuse to watch the super bowl game, and I just really hope we can bounce back nex year. With spygate and everything on the air it becomes harder to be prideful. The signing of Moss definitely made things much more easier to swallow though. A good draft day wouldn't hurt either.

All in all
The SB game definitely left some wounds, but I know Brady and co will bounce back.

Don't feel so bad, kool aid. I'm here in illinois where everyone is either a Packers fan or a Bears fan. Mostly Bears but the Packers have a surpisingly amount of fans here which is only 30 or so miles south of Chicago.
Yes, the Moss signing helped ease the pain for me too.
The Pats are going to field another great team in 08.
I have no doubt of that.:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye