PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Do You Feel As A Pats Fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Are you pumped up for this coming season, hoping the boys take out their revenge for SB loss on the rest of the league?

In fear of waiting for a ton of bricks to drop at some point with some BS Walsh revelation? Wondering when Spector will launch his next self motivated attack on Pats/SB?

This offseason is unchartered territory IIMO - just trying to get the pulse of my fellow Pats Fans.

Im personally over the loss, the only time it bothers me is when I see the dumb SI Giants gear commercials then it reminds me of the game and itl bother me a lil bit. Right now Im just lookin forward to the draft im excited bout the chance we have to add a couple young studs to the D.

Have no fear about Walsh or Spector. Spector is a blowhard and Walsh doesn't have anything new or it would have come out by now and corroborated by Mangini.
I can't wait for the season and the draft.

Are you pumped up for this coming season, hoping the boys take out their revenge for SB loss on the rest of the league?

In fear of waiting for a ton of bricks to drop at some point with some BS Walsh revelation? Wondering when Spector will launch his next self motivated attack on Pats/SB?

This offseason is unchartered territory IIMO - just trying to get the pulse of my fellow Pats Fans.

If Belichick plays his cards right he can draft 5 good players in the 1st 3 reounds of the draft. Strategically traded he'll have a lower than 7th in the 1st followed by 2 in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd ... that's PUMPABLE.:D

Still fightin' through the agony...im a draft nerd so my favorite time of the year is only 28 days away!!:D I like our additions this season...Aiken, Sanders, Bryant, Webster, Slaughter...seems like this '08 team will consist of some pretty nice depth. I'm very anxious to see what we do with that 7th pick; my dream scenario would be packaging the pick plus a few mid and late rounders to flip with maybe Oakland or KC and snag Vernon Gholston from the Jets (which is where it looks he'll end up) The kid is a freak off the edge and in my humble, outsider opinion just what we need for our Defense. That would stick it to Mangina for the embarassment he's caused us!

P.S. If anyone could message me on how to customize your thing to have a picture next to your name or one of those banners to decorate your posts, thatd be great! :)

Last edited:
I'm thrilled, so far I'm excited about every move they've made this offseason, whether it be for wow factor or just practicality and depth, I love the direction the FO is taking (hope we end up with some linebacking talent to replace Rosie), and I truly anticipate them opening a very large can of whoop-ass as soon as those players are allowed to take the field. The chip will be monstrous imo. Now just eagerly anticipating the draft, I've tried not to predict since they take me by surprise (not always to my delight) in times past but in BB we trust and they do seem to make it stick most times.

Pissed off. I don't think that will change until the Pats kick some ass in Superbowl 43.

Last edited:
Good stuff - lets bring on the draft!!!

I don't give a f*ck about Walsh or Sphincter but the thought of next season is similar to going back to a restaurant that made me throw up last time I ate there :(

pumped for the draft....pshyched to get some young stud at #7 and than move on to revenge

Nothing will ever make up for last year and I still have a sick feeling in my stomach.

Hopefully by around August it will be gone...

While I am not over the Super Bowl loss (still bummed about '96 - if only Troy had been able to play special teams that game......) I am looking forward to the draft, and getting things rolling again. I am not concerned about Specter, as I cannot controll it, and whatever happens happens.

--Larry

The AFC Contenders will be.....

Really, not many of them, but......

Pats
Colts
Jags
Chargers(yeah-their immature brats, but they're stacked)
Titans(if, let's say, "this player" in the Pacman trade turns out to be Terry Glenn, and IF, IF, IF he stays healthy in '08, he could provide a nice weapon for Young)

Other than that-is anyone else finding the Jets' offseason moves completely laughable? I mean Chris Jenkins?? Who ended up being a locker room detriment in Carolina?? What makes you think some 32 year old washed up fat slob will all of a sudden make an impact?? LOL. And Alan Faneca?? Who struggled in pass protection with Pitt last year?? LOL

Nothing will ever make up for last year and I still have a sick feeling in my stomach.

Hopefully by around August it will be gone...

still can't watch any football
I think this is why the SB loser tends to struggle a lot more the next year than the SB winner; it's hard to even imagine coming back next year right now.

:bricks:

I think this is why the SB loser tends to struggle a lot more the next year than the SB winner; it's hard to even imagine coming back next year right now.

:bricks:

FWIW-the Hawks were an OT loss away from advancing to the NFC Championship game in the '06 season, this coming off losing in the Super Bowl(i.e. if Hassellback and his center had had a clean exchange late in reg on 4th and short, they likely would have gotten in FG range at the end against the Bears in the NFCDG).

I was just about over it and then my alma matter got bounced in the first round of the NCAA's in heartbreaking fashion to a team that had no business beating them (talent-wise). Sound familiar?

I typically am a huge college hoops and MLB fan, in addition to a draft nerd. After those two crushing losses within six weeks of each other, I am not pumped about much. Not even spring football in the college ranks.

Over the next few weeks I'll begin to pull apart some more of the draft info and hopefully that will get me going. I still check Reiss several times daily, as well as come here. It just hasn't been the same for me since that night in February and was exacerbated by the basketball loss a little over a week ago.

I still love the team and the franchise as much as I have since I started watching this team. I love the additions and resignings made by the front office. I hold out hope for several more Super Bowls in the Brady-Belichick era and I am not a sky is falling, Chicken Little-type. I am loyal to a fault. I am just not yet "pumped".

I don't ever recall feeling like this during an off season. After the 96 season there was so much youth and expectations of several super bowls to come. Once those type of feelings washed away, you had Belichick coming in and hope was on the way. Even after the 2000 season I did not feel the way I do now, probably because they were so active in FA and held a high pick. There were a ton of changes, a new stadium was being built, new uniforms, new everything. I don't feel this way now.

Nor am I sure what needs to happen for me to regain my energy. Hopefully the draft stuff will help and then reading about rookie camp and mini-camp. The true test will be the long stretch from early June mini-camp through the start of training camp where we are in full football hiatus mode. I expect that then I should officially be foaming at the mouth for football.

Wow, after writing that and reading it over, I feel somewhat better. Now, where is my draft guide?

I still want to hurt someone............. Feeling okay with the offseason so far. Am excited to see what the draft brings.

Will be ready for football come summer. NOT there yet.

Last edited:
Topic inspired me to search Super Bowl losers who won the very next year.

Only two, the '71 Cowboys and the perfect '72 Dolphins. We’d be in a pretty exclusive group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes