PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do we slow down the Giants WR's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cruz and Nicks

How do we slow them? I know pressure on manning will slow them...but is that it? Because man to man they will kill us if it comes down to it

Re: Cruz and Nicks

Is the glue gun from Bloon Tower Defense an option?

I think the best we can hope for is a shootout with us getting the ball last. I don't see the Pats defense shutting down the Giants' passing game or running game ... Ugh, this makes my head hurt. :mad:

I would double Cruz more.Put a safety over the top.I am scared more of him then Nicks.Nicks is a big player.They definetly have better wideouts then us.:(

When you play man, put your best cover guy (who would that be???) on an island with Manningham, and double Cruz and Nicks. Let them try to beat us deep with Manningham or short with their tight ends and backs. Otherwise zone em up and tackle well, hoping to pressure Mannning into a bad decision.

I think the best we can hope for is a shootout with us getting the ball last. I don't see the Pats defense shutting down the Giants' passing game or running game ... Ugh, this makes my head hurt. :mad:

x2...Eli could go for 500 yards in this one if flacco can get 300 plus

They won't be able to blitz and leave someone 1 on 1...need front 4 to get pressurenor we lose this one

They can't lose again...can't..please no....

Last edited:

When you play man, put your best cover guy (who would that be???) on an island with Manningham, and double Cruz and Nicks. Let them try to beat us deep with Manningham or short with their tight ends and backs. Otherwise zone em up and tackle well, hoping to pressure Mannning into a bad decision.

What about the middle of the field? Let's not forget the middle of the field - Ballard could kill us then. What was that pricks name - Sharey?? Haven't seen the game since (and we don't have Harrison back there).

And people would still rather play giants than SF LOL

Giants are a match up nightmare for the pats

Gronk will be fine but it doesn't matter.* Ultimately the difference in this game is the Pats inability to stretch the field and our ability to stretch the field.

From a giants fan...hope this isnt the case...but we will see

I think defensively our biggest priorities are to shut down their run game and make sure our LBs stay disciplined and don't let the Giants FBs get open for easy gains when we collapse the pocket. People say Eli elite this, Eli elite that but our chances of winning that game go up exponentially if Eli has to throw the ball 40-50+ times.

Gee, this thread is just swimming with optimism.

Gonna go slit my wrists now.

What about the middle of the field? Let's not forget the middle of the field - Ballard could kill us then. What was that pricks name - Sharey?? Haven't seen the game since (and we don't have Harrison back there).

If you're playing man and rushing 4, you would, for example, have McCourty and Molden on Nicks, Chung and Moore on Cruz, Arrington on Manningham, Ihedigbo on Ballard and Fletcher on Bradshaw.

From a giants fan...hope this isnt the case...but we will see

wrong.

pressure eli.
its that simple
our defense needs to make 3rd down stops too.

our defense has a great game and executes then we win.

wrong.

pressure eli.
its that simple
our defense needs to make 3rd down stops too.

our defense has a great game and executes then we win.

Yes. But letting the ravens go what 60% on third down will not cut it. Need to play much much better against an offense that is much much better than the ravens IMO

If there is pressure on Eli we have a great chance. No pressure and he will shred us

Yes. But letting the ravens go what 60% on third down will not cut it. Need to play much much better against an offense that is much much better than the ravens IMO

If there is pressure on Eli we have a great chance. No pressure and he will shred us

Right.
That's what I said.

Was the Ravens 3rd down conversion really 60%?
It seemed like it was more than that.

As I stated earlier in this post:
"The Giants Oline needs to be exploited. Easier said than done.
Our defensive front needs to do what they did to us in the SB.

So basically...

Pressure Eli and disrupt their pass game.

Pass rush

Our Db's need to watch lots of film on Cruz etc....they're all dangerous receivers but they aren't if Eli can't deliver and that's up to our defensive pass pressure":cool:

winning.

I don't think Eli cracked 100 yards until the 4th quarter last game and now he's going to torch us for 500 yards? ************ have some faith in our defense you friggin panty wastes.

I think defensively our biggest priorities are to shut down their run game and make sure our LBs stay disciplined and don't let the Giants FBs get open for easy gains when we collapse the pocket. People say Eli elite this, Eli elite that but our chances of winning that game go up exponentially if Eli has to throw the ball 40-50+ times.

The problem is that Eli Manning in 2011 can beat you with his arm. I'd invite NY's inconsistent running game to come right at our big bodies in the front 7. If they decide that they want to live and die by Manning's arm, you better believe BB will have 7-8 defenders in coverage to take advantage of his new-found confidence. Confidence =/= accuracy. Physicality with the receivers and a good mix of coverages should yield us results.

McCourty, Arrington, Chung, Moore, Ihedigbo, Mouldin, Jones. We're on a mission from God.

I don't think Eli cracked 100 yards until the 4th quarter last game and now he's going to torch us for 500 yards? ************ have some faith in our defense you friggin panty wastes.

You do know he was playing the best d..or the 2nd best d in the league right?

I swear some people don't even watch the games

Last edited:
You do know he was playing the best d..or the 2nd best d in the league right?

I swear some people don't even watch the games

I was referring to the last game he played against us. Now go ahead and remind me that he didn't have Nicks like I don't know that.

I mean holy crap this 9-7 juggernaut is the 85 Bears on defense and the 07 Pats on offense by the way some of you are talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back