PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do we feel when Peyton throws 51 TDs?

He sure knows what Brady's legacy is and he's about to crush it.

Really???

He's going to somehow improve his 9-11 playoff record ahead of Brady's 17-7?

That'll take a while.

So will his quest for 3 more SB rings.

I think he will struggle with the colder weather. Also, the 2nd half of their schedule is more difficult than the 1st easy half they had.

I genuinely hate all these "on pace" stats. They're just so stupid.

not nearly enough to distinguish the '04 and '07 campaigns.

Before 2011 the # of 5000+ passing yard seasons since Dan Marino in 84: 1 (Brees in 08)

In the last 2 seasons since the rule change: 5.

Going into this week, the # of QB's on pace for 5000+ yards this year: 3

Nuff said. Yeah, I would say the rule changes in 2011 certainly was enough to distinguish those campaigns.

Really, these passing records really don't mean squat anymore, they're all going to be broken again and again and again as long as the league keeps favoring offense...

I can't believe he has 33 tds. The guy barely ever throws it past 10 yards. I've never seen so many wide open receivers.

Peyton hates every talk about Brady being even in the discussion with him and this is a campaign to **** on everybody.

Where do you get this ******?

Brady and Manning are friends - fiercely competitive, but friends.

Passing records are falling every year - Manning broke the record with 7 tds in one game, and Nick Foles did it last week. Whoopdeedo.

Manning is having a great year. Good for him. one team gets the ring - good for them.

If Demarius Thomas plays 16 games (and Manning can), he might get the record. If Thomas goes down, he won't get there. The Broncos have too many match-ups for most teams and just sling it no matter the score.

He can have his records. Let's just kick his ass when he comes to Foxboro.

He's beyond pace and he'll get them even when the weather goes down.
Not if we take him completely out with few brutal sacks in two weeks. I'm imagining it right now.

What the last 5 years have showed me is that if you give Brady some good weapons he will go toe to toe with the stat monsters and win his share of MVP's.

I like TB because he plays with a Giant chip on his shoulder and grit, he's a roaring lion. I'll take him over cucumber head any day.

Not if we take him completely out with few brutal sacks in two weeks. I'm imagining it right now.
Assuming the Chiefs don't do it first.

Indifferent. I'm not concerned with Brady's place in the record books. I'm more interested in good football.

Manning the new Favre?

I hate fantasy football people.

I just want wins, wins, wins.

Brady could have his 2001 stat line and win the Super Bowl for all I care.

Wouldn't it be something if Tom threw 8 Tds and crushed the donkeys in 2 weeks??

The only record I care about is Tom getting 4+ Super Bowl rings. It would be more special that when he wins the Super Bowl, he has 20 post season wins.

And keep your fantasy football, because that's all it is, fantasy.

I will care

I enjoy Brady's place in football history.

I will care

I enjoy Brady's place in football history.

It will fall sooner than later regardless. We are watching a league in which Nick Foles casually throws for 7 TDs in a game, the second player to accomplish that in a year after only one other had done it in the entire Super Bowl era. Welcome to the National Arena Football League -- it's not any safer than it used to be, but there's a heck of a lot more scoring!

I think Manning will come short this year. But I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck throw 55 in a few years.

Who cares. When Brady threw 50 TDs and we lost in the Super Bowl all we were left with were our heads in our hands.

Why don't we actually yeah know.... wait for him to do it first?

Through 8 games he was tied with Brady (2007) with 30.

Through today's game of 9, he is once again tied with Brady (2007) with 33.

My guess is that he'll definitely end up doing it if healthy, but that's 7 more games down the road. If it happens, it happens...

We were all so concerned with Brady's consecutive TD streak of 50+ games in terms of chasing Brees' record, and then pretty much forgot about it a week or two later.

Who cares. When Brady threw 50 TDs and we lost in the Super Bowl all we were left with guns in our mouths.

Man, you took that loss rather hard.

Whilst I was happy for TFB, I really didn't care for the record at all. I cared for 16-0.

It would be a crime with the offence that Manning has if he didn't do what he's doing. I really wish our personnel were reversed in some cases. Denver have created (and McDaniels accounts for just about half of those players in his time there ...yeah he sucked :rolleyes:)one of the most dangerous offences of all time.

That being said, I don't care if Peyton breaks it. What I do care about is the rings. People remember Montana over Marino for the rings and, unless something changes and Manning actually puts it together in the post season, Brady will forever be remembered over Manning for the rings. If Brady wins one more, even more so.

Montana is the greatest ever but if Brady gets that fourth ring he takes over. He has broken too many of Montana's records for him not to become the greatest of all time.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back