PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do we feel when Peyton throws 51 TDs?

He's beyond pace and he'll get them even when the weather goes down. He's going to win a 5th MVP. We make fun if Peyton doesn't win a ring, but what do we say about Brady if he doesn't win again?

Manning throwing for the most touchdowns really doesn’t matter to me. Drew Brees holds the record for most yards in a season, most consecutive games with a touchdown and neither matter. At the end of the day both Manning and Brees require a lot of talent around them to be successful Tom Brady has proven this year and in many other years that he doesn’t.

When you reflect on Manning’s career what has he really done besides compile stats? The Colts who were 10-6 with him in 2010 actually improved to 11-5 under Luck as a rookie, he won less playoff games with Denver than Tim Tebow (1) and despite quarterbacking some of the most talented teams in the NFL over the past decade in a half he won just 1 super bowl. Give him all the passing records, he will need something to combat his idiot little brother at thanksgiving dinners when he is reminded that little Eli has more rings.

Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer
That's not great news >>> RT @bylindsayhjones Peyton Manning says he's really sore. Will have an MRI tomorrow.

Peyton is a drama queen. He'll be fine and throwing tomorrow.

The rules are so skewed in favor of Offenses now. The TD record will be broken over and over again.

The rules were in favor when Brady broke it. It's not like this is happening in a different era. Peyton is going to break this record in Brady's face. Not literally. I said this before, but Peyton has the best advertisment face but deep down he has spite, spite for losing to the Gators and spite for all those losses to the Pats. He credits Brady but deep down he hates him and the Pats for all that torment. He wants his record back out of spite. And he'll get it. The only way to beat Peyton now is to get a ring.

He's beyond pace and he'll get them even when the weather goes down. He's going to win a 5th MVP. We make fun if Peyton doesn't win a ring, but what do we say about Brady if he doesn't win again?

The better question is how are you going to feel when Nick Foles throws 52 touchdowns?

Hmmm :eek:

Peyton is a drama queen. He'll be fine and throwing tomorrow.

Next Monday morning might be another thing after the Chiefs harass him.

Manning throwing for the most touchdowns really doesn’t matter to me. Drew Brees holds the record for most yards in a season, most consecutive games with a touchdown and neither matter. At the end of the day both Manning and Brees require a lot of talent around them to be successful Tom Brady has proven this year and in many other years that he doesn’t.

When you reflect on Manning’s career what has he really done besides compile stats? The Colts who were 10-6 with him in 2010 actually improved to 11-5 under Luck as a rookie, he won less playoff games with Denver than Tim Tebow (1) and despite quarterbacking some of the most talented teams in the NFL over the past decade in a half he won just 1 super bowl. Give him all the passing records, he will need something to combat his idiot little brother at thanksgiving dinners when he is reminded that little Eli has more rings.

Montana has 4 rings. Bradshaw has 4 rings. Brady has 3.

THAT is the record I want Brady to break. If he can do that, then he will have an extremely prestigious record all to himself for a very long time.

The rules were in favor when Brady broke it. It's not like this is happening in a different era. Peyton is going to break this record in Brady's face. Not literally. I said this before, but Peyton has the best advertisment face but deep down he has spite, spite for losing to the Gators and spite for all those losses to the Pats. He credits Brady but deep down he hates him and the Pats for all that torment. He wants his record back out of spite. And he'll get it. The only way to piss off Peyton is to get a ring.

Manning did throw for 49 touchdowns in 2004; I really don’t think his throwing for 51 will change his legacy of being compensating for his low self-esteem about his oversized forehead by being a stat slut :camera:

The rules were in favor when Brady broke it. It's not like this is happening in a different era. Peyton is going to break this record in Brady's face. Not literally. I said this before, but Peyton has the best advertisment face but deep down he has spite, spite for losing to the Gators and spite for all those losses to the Pats. He credits Brady but deep down he hates him and the Pats for all that torment. He wants his record back out of spite. And he'll get it. The only way to beat Peyton now is to get a ring.

Peyton knows what his reputation is. I'm sure he hates that and wants to fix that a lot more than seeing someone else's name beside the passing TD record.

Peyton hates every talk about Brady being even in the discussion with him and this is a campaign to **** on everybody.

Peyton knows what his reputation is. I'm sure he hates that and wants to fix that a lot more than seeing someone else's name beside the passing TD record.

He sure knows what Brady's legacy is and he's about to crush it.

Brady has to win another ring, plain and simple.

Re: Re: How do we feel when Peyton throws 51 TDs?

And what is that....? TD's? Pretty sure that's not TFB's legacy.

I'd say Brady's legacy goes far beyond holding a TD record that is extremely likely to be broken sooner than later in this era of the NFL.

Mathematically speaking, yes, he's on a pace for 51.5.*

*(Edit: Oops, my bad. The stats page I used hadn't updated his '13 total. So his 9-game total = Brady's. Still, main point below remains.)

Looking back, Brady in '07 had 33 TDs after 9 games, on pace for 58.6.

Tom Brady 2007 Game Log - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Looking ahead, Brady had 38 after ten games — so he "only" had 12 over the final 6. Not bad but certainly a drop-off. Manning had a similar dip with 8 TDs in the final four games he really played in '04.

The weather gets colder, the Ds get tighter, bodies wear down. So, we'll see.

Over the next 3 games Peyton is only going to get 4/5 pass TD's. How's that for bold prediction.

I can see Pats and Chiefs combined holding him to a 1 TD game twice easily.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back