PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do Pats fans feel about spygate, "running up the score"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboysRule

Rookie
Reaction score
As a Cowboy fan (obviously) and an active poster on a Cowboys forum, I see a lot of people fume at the Patriots for cheating, then escaping with a Top 10 Draft Pick for next year. Other people dislike the "piling up the points and convert on 4th downs" mentality. My question is, what do you guys think about these things?

...and does anyone actually like Bill Belichick?

As a Cowboy fan (obviously) and an active poster on a Cowboys forum, I see a lot of people fume at the Patriots for cheating, then escaping with a Top 10 Draft Pick for next year. Other people dislike the "piling up the points and convert on 4th downs" mentality. My question is, what do you guys think about these things?

What do you expect us to say? We all like BB. He gave us 3 SB trophies. As far as running up the scores. The Pats did nothing wrong. The defense should have stopped them. All that matters is that they are 16-0 and getting ready for the playoffs.

1. The Patriots did not cheat. "Stealing" signs in the NFL is an accepted practice. They broke a rule by having a camera in an improper position.

2. They were not "running up the score." They were doing what they are paid to do, play football. It is also the job of the opposing teams to attempt to stop your opponent from scoring. If you can't accomplish this, don't whine about running up the score.

3. How does it feel knowing that Tony Romo and B.O. will be watching the Super Bowl from their living rooms?

Last edited:
This is a serious question? The pats didn't cheat, they had a camera in a wrong place. It did not affect the outcome of anygame...even the commish said that.

We love BB; others don't because he wins consistently and doesn't give a rip what the media says or thinks. (if he was coach of the boys you would be very happy)

The pats didn't run up the score....every game where the media yelled they ran up the score Brady didn't even start a series in the 4th quarter. And look who was right; if BB had taken all his guys out halfway through the 3rd quarter in those games then they would not be ready to play a full game when they needed to down the stretch.

The orderly is at the door. Time for your meds.

You asked reasonable non Pats fan questions so I'll answer.

Patriots violated an NFL rule stated in a memo from the Commish. They did so in an open manner because in BB's interpretation of the rule (camera placement, NOT videotaping signals) it was OK. His position was that if the video was used later after the game it was OK. The Commish disagreed. Pats were penalized.

I don't understand escaping with a Top 10 pick. The Pats traded for that pick. Kudos to the excellent Pats braintrust.

Piling up on points is a paradigm that only applies to the Patriots. If the Colts do it or say the ancient '72 Dolphins who put up over 50 points on a hapless Patriots team, it does not count. Get it now?

Belichick is entertaining, informative and has a dry wit discernable to those with intelligence. He comes across much better on local TV and radio shows where he does not have dimwitted 'stoped beating your wife yet' questions asked. He responds at length and in depth to legitimate football questions, speaking clearly and entertaingly. It's a shame that the mainstream sports media is interested in simple sound bites and ask questions they know beforehand won't be answered (e.g. injury status, questions designed to elicit an answer disrespecting an opponent, queries designed to elicit a response dissing a Pats player's seemingly poor performance that day).

Last edited:
You asked reasonable non Pats fan questions so I'll answer.

Patriots violated an NFL rule stated in a memo from the Commish. They did so in an open manner because in BB's interpretation of the rule (camera placement, NOT videotaping signals) it was OK. His position was that if the video was used later after the game it was OK. The Commish disagreed. Pats were penalized.

I don't understand escaping with a Top 10 pick. The Pats traded for that pick. Kudos to the excellent Pats braintrust.

Piling up on points is a paradigm that only applies to the Patriots. If the Colts do it or say the ancient '72 Dolphins who put up over 50 points on a hapless Patriots team, it does not count. Get it now?

Belichick is entertaining, informative and has a dry wit discernable to those with intelligence. He comes across much better on local TV and radio shows where he does not have dimwitted 'stoped beating your wife yet' questions asked. He responds at length and in depth to legitimate football questions, speaking clearly and entertaingly. It's a shame that the mainstream sports media is interested in simple sound bites and ask questions they know beforehand won't be answered (e.g. injury status, questions designed to elicit an answer disrespecting an opponent, queries designed to elicit a response dissing a Pats player's seemingly poor performance that day).

Thanks for giving me full answers. I've always wondered if Belichick was really the jerk he comes off as through ESPN and highlight shows...guess not.

Thanks for giving me full answers. I've always wondered if Belichick was really the jerk he comes off as through ESPN and highlight shows...guess not.

No he's not. When you see him one on one with Mike Lynch in studio or hear his phone calls to WEEI on Monday afternoons, he is nothing like you see in press conferences. You even see smiles and hear laughing. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back