Welcome to PatsFans.com

How Dishonest is Drudge?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wildo7, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

[​IMG]
    Cadet read 'Kill Bin Laden' book during Obama speech...

Afghanistan - Yahoo! News Photos

A U.S. Army cadet reads a book entitled "Kill Bin Laden" as he waits with other cadets for U.S. President Barack Obama to deliver an address on U.S. policy and the war in Afghanistan at the U.S. Military Academy in West Point, New York December 1, 2009. Obama is expected to announce a plan to send 30,000 more U.S. troops to Afghanistan over six months in a bid to beat back the Taliban and bring a quicker end to a costly and unpopular eight-year war.
    REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton (UNITED STATES POLITICS CONFLICT)

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

What is your point Wildo?

Shouldn't you direct your ire at Reuters ... that's where it comes from?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

5. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wasn't even isolated, dozens of them were doing what every other college student is doing around this time- reading and studying.

[​IMG]

Compare that with some time later when the President was actually there...

[​IMG]

And while he was speaking...

[​IMG]

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Matt Drudge very rarely does any reporting of his own. All his site does is provide links to news stories of the day. He makes an absolute fortune without ever doing any actual work or reporting.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

That and highlighting the issue du jour.. he ran with Michelle's sneakers for about a week, this week it is about climate change... he beats a dead horse well.

Oops he has changed his focus since I started this AM,now he is on to Tiger and a divorce...

Find his sight fascinating on what he does and does not report, today he is reporting the Anderson Coopers ratings are down, but ignoring that the Washington Times are laying off 400 reporters and going to give away their newspaper for free...

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ah yes... the ever-so-satisfying Washington Times implosion.

the real reason "false prophet" disappeared from our little fiefdom here.

:cool:

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

He doesn't want Drudge to report it, I don't think Wildo knew at the time that other news agencys also reported it.

Many times Drudge will tell the world things that the Liberal Left Wing won't tell us that is why Drudge gets so many hits, in other words Drudge will tell us many things that a Left Wing outfit like MSNBC doesn't want us to know.

Carl Rove & Newt Gingrich are praising Obama for his Afghanistan move I doubt Mush Mouth Matthews will be talking much about that one but Drudge has it on the front page.

Obama/Gingrich/Rove now there's a threesome for the Liberals to swoon over.............

10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Drudge routinely adds misleading or downright dishonest titles to the stories he links to, knowing that many who read his site will just glance at it and not actually read the story.

Here he has the picture above the link that says "Cadet read 'Kill Bin Laden' book during Obama speech..." clearly implying that the cadet has no respect for Obama and is making a point by reading a book while he is speaking. When you click on the link it is clear that he is reading, along with others, while he waits for Obama to come out. Before you try and spin it as though it was a mistake or he wasn't saying what his link says, tell me why he would have the story out front and center on his page if it's just about a cadet reading a book before Obama came out? I don't care about the reporting of the "story" (if you notice it comes from a picture gallery on Yahoo!, and isn't actually a 'story' but rather a description of a picture), I have a problem with him finding a picture and using a downright dishonest title describing what is going on in the picture. I know you righties aren't that bright, but I really didn't think I'd have to spell it out for you like this. Wow.

11. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Hey dum dum, before you start ranting about Aunt Zucchini and how big of a harmless, fun old bigot you are, read my above post. The whole point is that Drudge's caption has nothing to do with what is actually going on in the picture and deliberately so. I have no issue with it being "reported" in so far as it's just a snapshot of a gallery on yahoo/reuters. The point is he found the picture, took it out of context and wrote that the cadet was reading during the speech, knowing airheads like yourself won't actually click on and just take it as the military sticking it to Obama. He does this every day.

12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Thank you for proving my point. This isn't a story, and yet drudge has the picture front and center with a caption that reads: "Cadet read 'Kill Bin Laden' book during Obama speech..."

Try and spin this as though Drudge isn't just deliberately lying.

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Oh, OK I see.................................

14. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Drudge's spin falls right in line with the people who read him. They don't care about truth, only easy to remember slogans and lines to repeat in anger every day.

15. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Well, I know your busy insulting people, but when you get a minute, perhaps you could consider the following;

If you don't want us "dum dums" to miss the point of your little rant, perhaps you could actual state what the fug the point is in the initial post? I actually agree your point now, but when I opened the thread, before anybody else did, all I saw was the picture and the link to an AP/Reuters yahoo photo. I was like WTF?

Perhaps you had just smoked a fatty and it all made sense at the time you posted it? but for the rest of us, it wasn't exactly clear from the start. No need for insults to those you don't like here cuz we couldn't guess your point.

16. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

That's the whole point. That photo was before the speech happened, but Drudge plasters it on his front page as if the cadet wasn't paying attention to the speech (some sort of lame poke/attack that neocons love to do on a seemingly daily basis). This type of deliberate lying to its own base is way too easy, these Palin lovers are so easily fooled.

17. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

We could go through obama's lies too, they're all the same.

FWIW, Drudge's link now says "at" not "during".

18. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Mav, read my post again...... I see the point of the thread now (and don't disagree). We really didn't need to waste 8 hours and several intervening posts to get there, did we. The OP could have put it in the OP...... Yet choose not to (for some reason).

My tone reflects "in kind" intolerance to him after he then comes on here and calls HB (and the rest rest of us that had no fugging clue WTF he was trying to say)...... Dum dums (nice term too, very grown up :) ).

A simple....... "Sorry, I was rushed and thought you'd all get what I was trying to say with the pic and link" would suffice in this case.

19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

So climate change & Tiger Wood's aren't topical, and the Washington Times should be mentioned with CNN. :rolleyes:

20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:ban?:

10 characters.