PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

how disappointed will you be if Moss/Pats trade doesn't happen [Oct. '06 thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like we are all on the edge of our seats right now just waiting for the big news to arrive. While in our minds we tell ourselves that it won't happen, we still wish it to happen. I know I will be greatly disappointed if this trade doesn't occur. I'm already picturing Moss catching 60 yard bombs from Brady.

what if the trade deadline just comes and goes with no trades at all?

That would be a major letdown

Re: how disappointed will you be if Moss/Pats trade doesn't happen

He was not here last week, not here this week, and wont be here at all

No no letdown here.

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

No letdown as I think it's a longshot that we'll do anything. I'll be excited if we do get him, though, even though I will likely think we overpaid.

I'll be disappointed. I'm not expecting it to happen at all, but it's just the possibility that makes me excited. Checking every 5 minutes, reading updates, speculation, commentary. It's just going to be an end to the fun on a random Tuesday.

Eh. There's good and bad to both scenarios. I'll be happy to have two #1's for next April. I'll be happy to still be rooting for a team that embodies the concept of "TEAM." I'll look forward to seeing how Gabriel and Jackson round into form. We'll be fine, either way.

Right now I would only be a little disappointed but if it comes out later that we were deep in negotiations and just couldn't get the deal done, that will pretty much suck.

I learned my lesson from the A-Rod trade in 2003 not to get my hopes up. If it happens, I'll be absolutely thrilled. If it doesn't, life goes on.

Not going to happen according to Curran:

According to NBCSports.com's Tom Curran, the Patriots will not be making any moves for Randy Moss prior to the NFL trade deadline.

I won't be disappointed if we don't get him, because its so unlike the Pats to pull off such a trade. That being said, Moss will have a HUGE impact on our offense and we could use a guy like him to stretch the field. So if the price is right, go ahead and get him. I'm still hesitant about his future salaries though.

Well, i'm not holding my breath or anything for this to go down, but it does seem highly unlikey to happen. I do wish it would! i would love to go on ESPN.Com and see breaking news "Moss to Pats" that would make an interesting season, just out of control!! I think if any team or coach is gonna be able to handle Moss it's the Pats and BB.

Jay

Not too disappointed as I take things as they come. I was disappointed when the Pats lost out on the Ty Law sweepstakes, but that may have been a good thing afterall. I was disappointed that the team didn't sign Deshea Townsend; I was disappointed that they didn't seem to try to go for Eric Moulds.

I feel we've got enough (now with Gaffney) to do okay. Moss would be a huge addition, but we don't want to give up the house to get him.

What will be, will be.

Why am I a Patriots fan?

Merely because of the "New England" part of the name? I was as a kid for that very reason, but as an adult, it takes more than just that for me to feel this way about a team.

No, today, it's because they stand for something. They stand for something that, frankly, spits in the face of the vast majority of the thinking in today's NFL. THAT'S what truly makes it fun to be a Patriots fan.

I know that the above paragraphs will perhaps fly right over the heads of some who read it. But I know there are many on this board who understand exactly what those words mean.

I'm just not expecting this to happen - and as much as I've been critical of the play and playcalling on offense, I don't want it to happen.

Character counts and Moss isn't Patriots material IMO.

Unfortunately, the fact that the team is seriously considering this tells me that they too are concerned about the absolute lack of a deep threat on this team, and concerned about what that means to the running game and Watson's ability to be open as teams collapse the field.

Without a trade bringing in a deep threat like Moss, all our receivers are going to have to take it to a new level that none of them have shown themselves capable of just yet.

shmessy said:
But I know there are many on this board who understand exactly what those words mean.
Not only do I understand, I had "Glory, Glory" playing in my head while reading it. ;)

(Elvis, Live '72 version)

I don't expect it to happen, so I won't be too disappointed.

brdmaverick said:
I feel like we are all on the edge of our seats right now just waiting for the big news to arrive. While in our minds we tell ourselves that it won't happen, we still wish it to happen. I know I will be greatly disappointed if this trade doesn't occur. I'm already picturing Moss catching 60 yard bombs from Brady.

what if the trade deadline just comes and goes with no trades at all?

That would be a major letdown

Speak for yourself. I think the vast majority of us are just waiting for 4 o'clock so we can start ignoring all the hysterical why didn't we pull the trigger threads....

Kraft passed on Moss in the draft in favor of a RB in large part because there were character issues way back then. As Rodney and Richard said this week this locker room is not full of miracle workers. They are willing to help a guy who is willing to help himself, but they are not interested in guys who travel with baggage. Randy is enrolled in the pee in the cup program, and he still admits publicly to smoking pot on occasion. No thanks. Belichick will pay market for guys who are core talents and leaders. He's not going to take on the highest paid player at a position (let alone the WR position :rolleyes: ) and pay a trade price for the priviledge to boot, when the guy has never proven to be a football first leader. I'm sure Doug Gabriel is sincere in evaluating Randy from his perspective, but until a few weeks ago Gabriel didn't know what real leadership is. Real leaders, core leaders, pull teams through adversity. Randy don't do **** for teams in adversity. In fact he usually quits in the face of adversity (or if you won't show him the money).

JoeSixPat said:
I'm just not expecting this to happen - and as much as I've been critical of the play and playcalling on offense, I don't want it to happen.

Character counts and Moss isn't Patriots material IMO.

Unfortunately, the fact that the team is seriously considering this tells me that they too are concerned about the absolute lack of a deep threat on this team, and concerned about what that means to the running game and Watson's ability to be open as teams collapse the field.

Without a trade bringing in a deep threat like Moss, all our receivers are going to have to take it to a new level that none of them have shown themselves capable of just yet.

What leads you to conclude that the team is seriously considering this? Rumormill reports from league sources? What's that old adage believe half of what you see and none of what you hear...

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Not only do I understand, I had "Glory, Glory" playing in my head while reading it. ;)

(Elvis, Live '72 version)

We just don't need any more flamboyant WR's talking loudly at fan galas! :)

Jacky Roberts said:
I learned my lesson from the A-Rod trade in 2003 not to get my hopes up. If it happens, I'll be absolutely thrilled. If it doesn't, life goes on.

Don't you feel a little stupid about pining for that turd in hindsight? I had him pegged for a loser from day 1, tore a team and a fan base apart over what turned out to be the best trade Theo never made. Great analogy here for the Patriots. Stay the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back