PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How did you guys contain Randy Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, slightly off topic, I'm sure y'all heard that story last week of how Jason Witten may have been the source who leaked info about TO to Ed Werder, then another story came out that he had a near-altercation with TO in the locker room. Anyhow-PFT ran a story that both Witten and Parcells have the same agent, and that Parcells, who prolly left the Cowboys on lukewarm terms(prolly b/c Jerry didn't want to release TO and/or didn't get the extension he wanted), probably helped engineer all this through his agent and Witten to get revenge on Jerry. I'm beginning to wonder too-if Parcells really had something to do with this, I've lost all my respect for him(of course, you guys had him a decade ago and he back-stabbed the Pats prior to their biggest game of the year).

Anyhow-interesting comments by all. This whole hoopla last week started off by Jerry hitting the airwaves questioning Marion Barber's toughness(he missed the Pitt game b/c of an injured toe), and that itself may have been the tip of the iceberg as the flood broke open subsequently. From what you guys say, it doesn't sound like Kraft nor Pioli would do the same to their players.

Scouting and researching players...interesting...some teams out there, even the better ones, end up taking chances on character issues players(although not to the extent of Jerry). Accountability among coaches, leadership in the locker room, making sure stuff doesn't leak out of the locker room, etc.

BTW-just a food for thought-remember when the Niners fired Mooch in '03(despite making strides) to appease TO? And remember when Dennis Erickson got hired b/c he simply said in his interview, "I'm going to get TO the ball more"(Seriously, he said that)? Let's say, the season ends on a crashing note for the Cowboys, and Jerry decides to suck it up and keep TO...and he appeases him by putting Jason Witten on the trading block. IF IF IF this happens, what would Belichick/Pioli offer? Maybe the 3rd from San Diego you have + Vince Wilfork? Or a 2nd + Brandon Merriweather? Just having fun...
I see the call TO's publicist put in to PFTrash is paying dividends - I do hope it leads to Witten's sacking. NE's Pro-Scout (aka: Brady, Tommy) can give him a call and talk about this BFF stuff.

As for your Moss question: Antwain Spann sat Randy down his first day with the team and explained the facts of life to him. That was sufficient to keep order in the lockerroom.

T.O. is immature and overly-emotional, and it shows in his tantrums.

...T.O. is a freaking clown.

There's a level of stupidity at work.

...owens is whacked out...

That diva-ness is so a part of who he is that I suspect nobody can make him a team player now.

...the whiny baby.

T.O. is a flat out clown, guys like him you just can't control, coach or teach because everything is about Terrell Owens. If, for some strange reason he read my post the main gripe about him wouldn't hit home, he'd just be happy I'd said his name because thats what he's all about.

---

In addition, if we stopped using his initials, his ego would deflate. Oh, and did I mention -- he's a disgrace to a team sport.

Moss is proving he is not as bad a person as he was or was made out to be my media folk.

I can't prove it, but this is what I felt about him long before he signed here.

Like I needed to read 43 replies to know most of u guys know nothing about moss. And to the people believing the "leaders" in the locker room are keeping moss in check:D. Their is so much misinformation when discussing moss on the net, I just like to read and giggle. (I have been following the guy since his first year at marshall) Its clear to me most of u formed ur opinion by what u "heard" sportstalk, espn etc. Just wait till moss misses at least 4 weeks of football, maybe some of u will actually have respect for the guy after u see what ur team looks like without him. Am sure a lot of u really believe welker is more valuable than moss and probably a better player too:rolleyes:

Like I needed to read 43 replies to know most of u guys know nothing about moss. And to the people believing the "leaders" in the locker room are keeping moss in check:D. Their is so much misinformation when discussing moss on the net, I just like to read and giggle. (I have been following the guy since his first year at marshall) Its clear to me most of u formed ur opinion by what u "heard" sportstalk, espn etc. Just wait till moss misses at least 4 weeks of football, maybe some of u will actually have respect for the guy after u see what ur team looks like without him. Am sure a lot of u really believe welker is more valuable than moss and probably a better player too:rolleyes:

I gotta agree with Ike. I didn't even bother reading most of the replies as I already knew what they said. Like Ike, I just shake my head at the amount of misinformation on the net about Moss.

who died and left YOU as the be all and end all of football opinion?

and BTW, who the hell are YOU to throw your blanket of aspersions on me? I NEVER PRINTED ONE THING you just blabbed on about. Big freaking deal...so YOU'VE been following Moss since college...well I followed Jim Plunkett since college...so freaking what? That means I'm going to call everybody else here out? And for your information, I formed MY opinion of Randy Moss from what I'VE SEEN ON THE FIELD and in his post game comments.He's been a GREAT addition and a leader on the Patriots almost from the start.

Why don't you take your pompous, holier than thou azz and park it somewhere else. Jerk.

Like I needed to read 43 replies to know most of u guys know nothing about moss.

Maybe you should try to read some replies to the first post in a thread before posting, or develop some reading comprehension skills. The negative posts I see are directed at Owens, not Moss. Apparently you aren't as smart as you think you are.

And try writing in complete words instead of letters and use "there" instead of "their," as in "over there" and "their team". It might help you develop your reading comprehension skills and makes you sound much more intelligent when you post about how smart you are.

Last edited:

Randy...is that you?

I agree with most everything that's been posted here. I'm a native New Englander living in DFW now and the whole TO melodrama never ceases to amaze me.

I think the media have successfully painted Randy and TO with the same broad brush when it's clear to anyone with a brain that these guys are NOT even close to being cut from the same cloth.

Both are the best offensive players on 9-5 teams with playoff aspirations despite rough seasons. That, however, is where any similarity ends. Despite the fact the Cowboys are poised to make a playoff run, TO just couldn't resist taking shots at his team when he should have shut up and taken one FOR the team. Moss, otoh, continues to be a leader on and off the field, despite having plenty of opportunities to whine or cry.

Let's say, the season ends on a crashing note for the Cowboys, and Jerry decides to suck it up and keep TO...and he appeases him by putting Jason Witten on the trading block. IF IF IF this happens, what would Belichick/Pioli offer? Maybe the 3rd from San Diego you have + Vince Wilfork? Or a 2nd + Brandon Merriweather? Just having fun...

Okay DTF --since we're just having some fun, here's a suggestion for you... Let's go with your scenario that sees TO imploding the Boys chances as his feud with Witten escalates out of control. JJ sides with TO and puts Witten on the trading block.

Now lets say that despite all the injuries the Pats somehow make an improbable SB run and afterward Pioli decides he's done everything he can in NE...

IF, IF, IF this were to happen, what would YOU be willing to offer to have SP running the Cowboys for the next 15 years? Maybe Witten + your 1st for Pioli and Dave Thomas (Texas Longhorn kid)? Or a Witten + Ware for Pioli and Watson?

:D

Okay DTF --since we're just having some fun, here's a suggestion for you... Let's go with your scenario that sees TO imploding the Boys chances as his feud with Witten escalates out of control. JJ sides with TO and puts Witten on the trading block.

Now lets say that despite all the injuries the Pats somehow make an improbable SB run and afterward Pioli decides he's done everything he can in NE...

IF, IF, IF this were to happen, what would YOU be willing to offer to have SP running the Cowboys for the next 15 years? Maybe Witten + your 1st for Pioli and Dave Thomas (Texas Longhorn kid)? Or a Witten + Ware for Pioli and Watson?

:D

Haha, that's a good one! Honestly, I think Pioli would cringe having to come to work in a circus at Valley Ranch that Jerry creates. Plus he prolly wouldn't like Jerry being in charge of the war room on draft day.

Who knows though-Ware has yet to get his contract extension...what if he's a Witten guy and not a TO guy?:rolleyes:

dysfunctionalcowboys4.jpg

Ha-ha! Great pic DTF. I know it's probably just a pipe dream but I'd love to see a Dal / NE SB this year. TO vs. Moss would be once in a lifetime theater. and wouldn't Tuna just LOVE that match-up.

Obviously we have no more access to the locker room than you.

First off, my sense is he hasn't always given 100% this season. But you are right he has not been a distraction despite the problems.

Here is my theory of why:

1. Moss's complaint was never that the folks around him were injured, or the team wasn't winning. His complaint was that the folks around him didn't have a winning attitude and weren't giving it their all. Cassel isn't as talented as Brady but he is just as hard working.

2. Bill Bellichick. No way was he going to take that crap.

3. The rest of the team. They would not have stood for it either.

4. Moss doesn't want out of NE. Name a team that gives him a better chance at winning a ring next year than the Patriots with a healthy Brady.

5. Maybe in #4 you came up with a team or two. Now name a team that has a better chance at winning the SB in 2010, that would trade for Randy IF Randy pulled that crap in NE this year.

6. NEP are still in the hunt and have a winning record.

If he pulled any of that crap he greatly reduces his chances of ever getting a ring. And it would make him into a lier and a fraud. He never complained about others have legit injuries. Is anybody going to believe Moss if claims BB is no longer in a competitive mindset.

Thanks. That's a great summary and I agree with every point you raise.

But, you're first point is incredibly perceptive. The guy got a bad rap because he didn't want to play with people who didn't care. Did he deserve some of that rap? Sure he did and I suspect he'd agree. Was he ever what TO is, a cancer who goes after teammates not because they don't play 60 minutes but because they don't play they way he wants them to play? No way.

(That said, I'm still pulling for TO to light it up against the Ravens on Sunday and help us get into the Playoffs,)

Brady goes down, an unproven backup comes in, the Pats have numerous other injuries...you would think Moss' old ugly rear-end would emerge, right?

But you guys subsequently go 9-5, and Moss quietly has another solid season with no detriments in the locker room...and this is for real??

How did you guys pull it off?

Winning is Everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill