PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How did we rate BB on the pregame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feep_FLA

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
How did you all feel Bill did in the pregame? I thought the little I saw of him breaking down a few superbowl defenses weas pretty good. He does talk awfully softly....

I think he did fine, but he is not obviously as polished as the rest of the crew. His calm demeanor is a great fit as a coach, but in the midst of all Berman and rest of the crew makes him not seem as good a fit here. Knowledge of the game is not valued, hysteria is.

Bill does fine. He's not totally comfortable and trusting in himself to just speak off the cuff but he's good and his SB defense breakdowns were really good.

He did very well. Much better than I had anticipated. In fact he was better than most of the other that were on the pre-game.

Belichick does what he does best , break down the opposing team.. The last time I looked that is what a anyalsit is suppose to do, not wear flashy ties, and love to hear themselves talk.. By the way Mike Tirico will make a nice play by play announcer on MNF

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Belichick does what he does best , break down the opposing team.. The last time I looked that is what a anyalsit is suppose to do, not wear flashy ties, and love to hear themselves talk.. By the way Mike Tirico will make a nice play by play announcer on MNF

And his analysis was right on the money.
He said Seahawks would have to pass to win the game down the sides
and over the middle some.
He seemed to indicate that both offenses were a push but he
gave Steelers D the edge over the Hawks D.
When I heard that my faith in a Hawks win disappeared.

well

I said this in another thread, but i thought a great line from BB was after the "greatest D''s of the superbowl's" clip was done and tirico says something like "you have a great carreer in broadcasting/media when you are done coaching!" and BB responds "no, i don't think i could ever come over to the darkside mike"

Classic BB!

Ohh and his analysis was great, especially talking about 01 vs the rams!

I thought he seemed a little nervous in the beginning. He was white-knuckling the microphone. The taped piece he did on the greatest Super Bowl defenses was fantastic! That must be how his film sessions with the media were this year. I would have loved to have seen a bit more of that yesterday and hope he does more in the future. With his live shots he was a little understated. I would have hated it if he yelled or beat his chest about how great he is, like Ditka did!

As usual, BB was dead on with his thoughts on the game! Too bad Holmgren did not listen.....

Bill's Girl said:
hope he does more in the future.As usual, BB was dead on with his thoughts on the game! Too bad Holmgren did not listen.....

I hope that he does not do any more in the future. That will mean that we are playing in the game.

I don't want to see him get too comfortable doing that stuff. I want him to coach the Patriots for many more years.

I thought he was great too, and it's understandable that he started out nervous, but he sounded fine and looked the part. I thought he was miles better than most of the others, particularly nails-on-chalkboard Irvin. But I agree with NUT, his near future is as OUR coach, not in the booth. He's too good for the fools on ESPN, that's for sure.

His analysis WAS spot on and if the Seahawks passing game had been more in sync, the game's outcome might have been better. OH, and if the officials had all decided to remove their blindfolds.

PATSNUTme said:
I hope that he does not do any more in the future. That will mean that we are playing in the game.

I don't want to see him get too comfortable doing that stuff. I want him to coach the Patriots for many more years.

Calm down Nut, I meant more film sessions with our media, that the fans could have access to. I never want to see him in a suit on the sideline of a SB again!

The only humor in all of this is he looks so out of place and uncomfortable in a suit, give him his hoodie & sweats any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back