Welcome to PatsFans.com

How Did The Diebold Machines Work

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

History was made this week! For the first time in four election cycles, Democrats are not attacking the Diebold Corp. the day after the election, accusing it of rigging its voting machines. I guess Diebold has finally been vindicated.

So the left won the House and also Nicaragua. They've had a good week. At least they don't have their finger on the atom bomb yet.

Democrats support surrender in Iraq, higher taxes and the impeachment of President Bush. They just won an election by pretending to be against all three.

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

No Harry, we still have problems with Diebold machines, regardless if the Dems won this last contest. How is it they have been vindicated when the fact is they can and did, count backward in 2000.
    Yes Harry, I'm all for surrendering, higher taxes, and impeachment. That is why the Rep's lost.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

I know, it's disgusting but no matter what the sore loser democrats say the system DOES work.
    Now lets see how these whiners and slobberers are going to save the country.

Try as I might I just can't picture Reid/Pelosi/Murtha/Kennedy/Kerry/Lahey trying to fight a war, they will cut and run in Iraq but they will still have to fight the Muslim Terrorist "Death To America" that is still hanging on the wall of their caves.

God Help America (stay out of tall buildings)
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

There's definitely still questions to be asked. Why is it that the only two times exit polls haven't positively NAILED the outcome in an election were the 2004 Presidential race and in the 3 most closely contested states in this recent election? Exit polls are the reason we've always had confidence in past elections. They're used throughout the world as a way to check up on the vote counters. Now they don't seem to be working anymore. That's not good.

It may be that voter demographics have changed to the point that the science used to select who goes into the sample is no longer valid. There's certainly no guarantee that any sort of fix is in. However, the cause doesn't matter as much as the effect. We're still stuck with no longer having a reliable and completely independant way to check up on the vote counters and that's bad all by itself.
  5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why is that not good...? I don't give two shakes to what the ultra liberal Keith Olberman or Dan Rather (who is known for lying to the public and knowingly presenting forged documents) say the MSNBC-CBS-CNN exit poll projects to.
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So the whole concept of having a way to check up on the vote counters is lost on you huh?

Do you really think that Dan Rather or Keith Olberman stand outside polling places and look for people wearing Greenpeace T-shirts or something so that the results can be skewed in their favor? :)

The record of exit polls speaks for itself, even Fox and the WSJ have faith in them. Just surf around and look and you'll see what I mean.

"The people who vote decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything" _Joe Stalin
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, but the problem is that we no longer have independent and fair polls. You have pollsters with a bias, you have voters with biases seeking out pollsters, and you have a corrupt news media with a bias.
    Of course not. What Dan Rather does is simply lie about the results of his poll
    There is a value to exit polls, but polls are an inexact science. There is a margin for error in polls. And when a poll says Al Gore will win a close race, but the election votes say George Bush won a close race, I do not see that as evidence of election corruption.
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So even if CNN & FOX both trusted a particular source, its still 'biased and corrupt.' That's stupid and it points to your inability to concede when you're wrong.

You also have an incorrect understanding of what margin of error means. The margin of error doesn't make exit polling an 'inexact science' Within margin of error is exactly where the results will fall, and that's been proven time and time again. Nobody says that there's something wrong when a 1 point race with a MOE of 4 goes opposite of what's predicted. Its when a 5 point race with a MOE of 4 goes the other way that rings alarm bells.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

I find it beyond comprehension, that there is still defense of this adm. reading this AM that GWB is now at 31%... that does not bode well for the leadership of this great country.
  10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Isn't it marvellous how these right-wingers trust big government and politicians? Harry, you're not really so naive as to think politicians if left to their own devices would run honest elections. It takes vigilance to ensure honesty. As Reagan said about the Soviets, Trust, but verify.
  11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

God help America as we turn over power of Congress to these cut and run Dems! You tell them Harry. Murtha volunteered for service in Vietnam. He was a Marine who two purple hearts among other prestigious medals. Kerry also volunteered for service in Vietnam. He received three purple hearts. Criticize these two individuals all you want with Swift Boat style muck, but name two individuals in Bush's inner circle with equal combat experience. Kennedy served in the Army from 51-53. Lahey was a top prosecutor. I'm not sure if Nancy Pelosi was a cheerleader, but George Bush was. I have no problem with this group guiding us versus the run and hide from service group that you put on a pedestal.