PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How did Ted Ginn do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never get sick of seeing that clip on YouTube. It's a classic.
Where is Aquavelva this morning with his usual spin on another stinker?

Seeing as how the Dolphins drafted the entire Ginn family, his mom had 3 sacks and his dad kicked 2 50 yard field goals. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Great value! :D

Pretty harsh comments for a first game. Can't remember when a rookie WR played in an opening game for the Pats. Did Chad Jackson play?

Also, he can't help it if he was drafted high.

Ginn is a real class player.

Yes, I'm a Buckeye fan.

Pretty harsh comments for a first game. Can't remember when a rookie WR played in an opening game for the Pats. Did Chad Jackson play?

Also, he can't help it if he was drafted high.

Ginn is a real class player.

Yes, I'm a Buckeye fan.

Since you missed it, no one was making fun of GINN. People are making fun of Aquafan4ever and the idiotic Dolphins staff who made Ginn the 9th overall pick.

Its also disingenuous of you to try and compare Ginn to Chad Jackson. Why? Well, first and foremost, Jackson was not a top 10 pick.

As for when a rookie WR played for the Pats, Bethel Johnson. Prior to that, Terry Glenn.

Since you missed it, no one was making fun of GINN. People are making fun of Aquafan4ever and the idiotic Dolphins staff who made Ginn the 9th overall pick.

Its also disingenuous of you to try and compare Ginn to Chad Jackson. Why? Well, first and foremost, Jackson was not a top 10 pick.

As for when a rookie WR played for the Pats, Bethel Johnson. Prior to that, Terry Glenn.

I don't see the need for characterizations like "disingenuous", which suggests someone trying to be misleading. I did not mean to make a direct comparison. However, while Jackson was drafted lower than Ginn, IIRC, the Pats did move up for him high in round 2 and the WR position was fairly wide open for new talent.

I did think it was partly a shot at Ginn, and was merely pointing out that for a rookie to not get a catch in his first game of rookie season is hardly an indictment. I believe Ginn was taken in large part for return skills, since the Fins lost Welker, and he was on punt returns.

Didn't he-who-must-not-be-named now a Seahag play for the Pats as a rookie WR?

I agree, it isn't Ginn's fault he was drafted high. I bet Aqua still thinks he will be great. "The Dolphins just aren't using him yet because they want him to be a surprise for when they play the patriots. and as a punt returner, with some better blocking, he would be better than devin hester."

I don't see the need for characterizations like "disingenuous", which suggests someone trying to be misleading. I did not mean to make a direct comparison. However, while Jackson was drafted lower than Ginn, IIRC, the Pats did move up for him high in round 2 and the WR position was fairly wide open for new talent.

I did think it was partly a shot at Ginn, and was merely pointing out that for a rookie to not get a catch in his first game of rookie season is hardly an indictment. I believe Ginn was taken in large part for return skills, since the Fins lost Welker, and he was on punt returns.

As someone who likes to toss out the "disingenuous" accusation, the comparison was either disingenuous or just really bad. Ginn was the 9th overall pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes