PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How did teams do *after* they played the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlattsFan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I watched a bit of the Colts-Ravens, um, game last night, and the Ravens just looked putrid. Spent, wasted, used up. I thought that playing the Patriots, putting so much on the field, that probably wears down a team. So then I decided to take a look at the results of teams the week after playing the Patriots to see if this theory holds any water whatsoever.

And you know what? There's some evidence there ... basically, unless you play the absolute dregs of the league (Dolphins or Jets), you are going to lose the week after you play the Patriots. The only team to avoid that rule was the Cowboys. They beat a decent Vikings team (with or without Adrian? I can't remember), but the Cowboys are a very good team who played the Vikes at home. Here's the rundown of the Patriots victim and what they did the next week:

Jets: lose to Baltimore
Chargers: lose to GB
Bills: beat the Jets
Bengals: the Bengals get a bye (lucky!)
Browns: beat the Dolphins
Cowboys: beat the Vikes
Skins: beat the Jets
Colts: lose to the Chargers
Bills: lose the Jags
Eagles: lose to the Seahawks
Ravens: lose to the Colts

The two victories over the Jets were by a single field goal ... not exactly stirring victories. And the two losses I saw (Colts and Ravens), the teams looked like total shyte the week after playing the Patriots. Just complete garbage.

It's not really statistically valid (small sample and all), but it sure looks like playing the Pats has an effect on a team into the following week.

They look like crap because we give the next team the "BluePrint" :rofl:

With one exception (Colts losing to the Chargers) the team with the better record over the course of the whole year has won the game so it's not really any kind of upset..................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back