PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How did Meriweather do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So I didn't get to see much of the game and won't see my DVR'd copy of it until tomorrow, what was the consensus on Merriweather's play?

Re: How did Merriweather do?

IMO, he did well for his first NFL preseason game. He seemed to do okay in man coverage but he whiffed while trying to tackle a RB for a loss in the backfield.

Re: How did Merriweather do?

IMO, he did well for his first NFL preseason game. He seemed to do okay in man coverage but he whiffed while trying to tackle a RB for a loss in the backfield.

yes, but that whiff wasn't a complete miss, he messed with the play long enough to get some credit for the resulting fumble and turnover

he was scrappy and seemed to be in the midst of a lot of plays--i think we can expect good things from this kid going forward

So I didn't get to see much of the game and won't see my DVR'd copy of it until tomorrow, what was the consensus on Merriweather's play?

Meriweather (note the spelling - only 1 'r' ;)) played second-team LCB and had some good plays. He was beaten once over the middle on a great throw, but I didn't see anything negative from him.

Meriweather (note the spelling - only 1 'r' ;)) played second-team LCB and had some good plays. He was beaten once over the middle on a great throw, but I didn't see anything negative from him.

Yea...but, at least he had good coverage. I believe that pass would have been completed against most CB's.

Overall...he was in on a lot of plays. I love his aggressive style.

It seemed TB was flooding the right side a bit and Meriweather had no one to cover at times. He did have big whiff that led to a fumble which I think was planned :)

It seemed TB was flooding the right side a bit and Meriweather had no one to cover at times. He did have big whiff that led to a fumble which I think was planned :)

watchin the highlights yesterday on patriots.com was that meriweather flying in the backfeild trying to take out the Rb but totally misses lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes