PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How depressed would Pats-haters be if we won the SB without Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we go to the Super Bowl or win the Super Bowl the haters will say the NFL helped us because it makes a great story ... just like they did in 2001 & 2003.

well, you have to remember...the Pats aren't one of the "classic" dynasties (translation, a team like the Faders, 69ers, Cowgirls, or Squealers who's time has come and long gone)

We will find out when it happens and Cassel gets franchised and traded next year for a 1st rounder.

It is going to be so sweet.

I agree with Patchick on this one completely.

Honestly, would there be any better way to make the average Pats-haters regret their existence even more than by the Pats pulling together, winning the division, representing the AFC in the Super Bowl, and maybe even winning it.

Again, I can't get over how bad I feel for Brady about his season ending before it started, I haven't yet moved past the anger I feel that we've been robbed of witnessing Brady to Moss this seeason, but I've otherwise moved into the "f**k them [the rest of the NFL] we can do this" mode and am really starting to feel confident we can win the way we won in 01.

The rest of the league [well, all the other fanbases] is laughing at us now. They are pathetically rejoicing in the injury of one of the league's star players. The pressure is gone, the expectations for the Pats have been lowered an incredible amount, but if somehow BB does it again and this team is successful - not even necessarily winning SB, but division and quality playoff run - than I don't even want to think about how downtrodden the average Pats hater would feel.
as a chargers fan i'd say "ok it's official we're a cursed franchise" lol, but i think overall , it would be somewhat a feelgood story if cassell and the pats won it all.

i hate eli's guts for disrespecting the draft process like elway did, but overall, the tale of the 07 giants is a feelgood story

it's overcoming adversity that makes it that way, eli was a persecuted guy in NY, and he turned it all around. i see minor similarities to cassell, in terms of persecution.

Granted, thinking about winning the SB is getting WAY ahead of ourselves. But if we did, they'd say Belichick is a genius and the Patriots are true definition of a team. Some would even say Brady's not as great as he looked, but we'll only hear that from the talking heads, not the commentators who truly know the game !

Things people would say:

- Brady is a system quarterback
- Belichick cheated even more
- The league fixed it by making their schedule easy when Brady got hurt (You watch. Even though the sched. is set by rules made years ago.... they'll say it.)
- The league fixed it by making as-yet unmade calls
- They got lucky. You can tell because the '07 team blew everybody out and went 16-0 and this team won by a field goal and went 10-6 (or whatever.)
- God I hate those ***ers.

:)

We can dream...

Things people would say:

- Brady is a system quarterback
- Belichick cheated even more
- The league fixed it by making their schedule easy when Brady got hurt (You watch. Even though the sched. is set by rules made years ago.... they'll say it.)
- The league fixed it by making as-yet unmade calls
- They got lucky. You can tell because the '07 team blew everybody out and went 16-0 and this team won by a field goal and went 10-6 (or whatever.)
- God I hate those ***ers.

:)

We can dream...

Very nice....

Love all the points there...:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes