How Confident are You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
How Confident are You?
By: Derek Havens

The showdown between the New York Giants and New England Patriots is now only hours away. As the Championship game approaches, I have seen, heard and read mixed emotions from Patriots Nation....

I have GREAT respect for the Giants, who proved to me, at least, and beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they are the best team in the NFC.

But I am EXTREMELY confident.

And it's not just the matchups, and that our O Line is FAR stronger and our Offense FAR less predictable...And it's not just that I actually like THIS rapidly improving Defense better than our aging 2007 version...

There's something in the air.

The Vibe this team is giving off...is like I've never seen, before.

They are loose...And there's no way they would be...if they didn't have very good reason to be.

tumblrlvn7pycasi1r212eh.png

No worries. These players and coaches appreciate how important this game is to us.

what-me-worry-715605.jpg

Last edited:
I feel good, but my true confidence is always based on the first couple series of a game. It's one thing to feel or believe, but quite another to witness :D

9 hours and change...

Last edited:
During the '07 season I used to have alot of bad dreams - now I sleep like a baby...

confident.

Pats are winning the game 31-27. I have forseen it.

I'm a nervous wreck.
-LND

edit: I'm not nervous about the outcome-yikes I have to say I feel VERY confident about this team. I'm just-excited/nervous/like let's get this GOING already kind of nervous.:eek:

With Brady & Belichick at the helm, I'm EXTREMELY confident - Pat's 31-21!!!!!!!

My confidence level rose at the end of the Ravens game when Moore knocked the pass away from Evans. It got me thinking that you need some of the breaks to win a championship. In 2001, it was when Patten gets knocked unconscious and fumbling but the Pats keeping the ball because one leg was out of bounds as well as the Tuck rule.... Then the breaks can go the other way as Caldwell dropped a pass in the Colts playoff game that would have given them a first down and time to run out the clock and a berth against the Bears in the SB.... Or Watson knocking the ball through the end zone on Bailey's int return that should have given the Pats the ball back on a touchback instead of Denver having it at the 1 yard line.Or the helmet catch that shall not spoken about. What if they call in the grasp or Assante makes that interception? Those were the breaks that didn't go the Patriots way...You need some to win the big game. When Moore knocked the pass away, that was the difference between the team losing and being in Indy today playing....
Hopeful? Yes....
Nervous? Always...
Confident? a little...
****y? absolutely not!!

There seems to be a quiet confidence surrounding this team. You don't hear them boasting or trash talking...and hopefully what Stephen A. Smith predicted last night comes true, that " Giants talked themselves into an ass kicking" based on their bragging....

Last edited:
For some reason, very confident for the last 2 weeks. I didn't give a damn what the mediots have been saying. The more of them who are for the Giants, the better I feel actually.

I feel that this team is very confident and if they put in a workman-like day that they have been doing all year, they should prevail in the end.

If Brady has one of his excellent day and the Giants a bit lethargic (with all the post-SB party hangover in their heads), we are in for a blow out.

We'll win anywhere from 27-24 to 42-20

Reasons I have a good feeling about this game:
-Giants have been running their mouth while Pats have stayed humble yet seem to have a quiet confidence.
-Kind of intertwined with the first point, but it feels like a plus that the Giants have won the last 2 meetings. With how evenly these teams are matched you can all but assume this game comes down to the end, law of averages says this time something's bound to bounce our way. Eli has gotten away with many should have INT's in his last couple clutch playoff wins, that's got to come back to haunt him eventually why not tonight. This is the 3rd time the Patriots have been very deep into the playoffs (AFCC or SB) since 2004 and fell short each time. This is the 2nd time the Giants have been that deep into the playoffs and have not failed yet, again law of averages.
-Team is fired up to do it for Kraft in Myra's honor.

Reasons I have a bad feeling about this game:
-Eli HAS backed up his hype after painting a target on his forehead in the offseason with his elite QB comment. This feels like the type of scenario where a guy who initially was scrutinized for making a statement like that ultimately catapaults himself into that next level. Right now I fear Eli almost, if not as much as I'd fear Brees/Rodgers. I know it sounds crazy but I do. Thankfully the Giants trash talk which I alluded to earlier more than balances this out.
-Giants front 4, no need to expound here.
-It's been a long time since Brady has had a 'vintage' performance in a huge game. Denver in the 2nd round this year and Jville in the 2nd round of '07 were beastly performances but nothing near the stage of an AFCC/SB. He struggled in the '07 AFCC, SB42, and '11 AFCC. You could toss in the Jets game last year since that wasn't your typical Divisonal round matchup. We need vintage Brady tonight or it's hard to expect a win.

Overall I am feeling more good than bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back