PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How come no one is talking about the O Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MossWelkowski

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Mallet this, Ridley this, Price this....

Ya they were great last night, but what about the offensive line?? They were awesome IMO especially Solder. I just watched the game again and that guy looked like an all pro already. Granted he was going up against squids, but who cares?

Gonna be a fun season..

I think Solder can be huge for this o-line.;)I hope they make an emphasis to pound the football with the running game this year.I think its key when they play the jet-sies

Ya they were great last night, but what about the offensive line?? They were awesome IMO especially Solder. I just watched the game again and that guy looked like an all pro already. Granted he was going up against squids, but who cares?

Gonna be a fun season..

Posters were complaining about our depth or lack thereof. Not a single starter took a snap and the OL reserves gave up zero sacks, protected enough to complete 28/40 for 335 yards.

Gonna be a fun season..

When nobody is talking about them is when they are doing their jobs. That's the way it should be.

Actually I noticed #65 Steve Maneri stuck out prominently. I beleive Medlin was following him on one of his TD's. I saw him throwing guys around more than once.

Solder looked good. I had forgotten how much I like Levoir.
And where did that Austin guy come from? He was in at guard for a long whilr as I recall. He looked pretty good as well.

On our Oline. I have no respect for the Jags Dline and Tampa Bay will be a much better test. Maneri still has the athleticism of a TE and might be faster than Lee Smith.

I'm not talking about the Oline because we didn't see the Oline.

Who is going to see the field during the regular season barring an injury to a starter? What makes me happy is that if our our 2nd and 3rd stringers were that solid, what can the REAL starters do?

During this preseason the Dline will get a lot more focus because even on the 2nd and 3rd string lines there are players rotating through who will probably see good playing time during the regular season.

I will certainly agree that we appear to have great depth, but the OL just doesn't rotate in and out like the DL, LB's, and DB's do during the regular season, and like I said, barring injury none of them will see the field except for our RG replacement, whoever happens to start there this year. LT (unless Solder REALLY impresses or Light stays on the PUP for whatever reason), LG, C, and RT are all solid locks.

I'm much more interested in seeing the DL, LB's, WR and RB where there will be true competition for regular season starting spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back