PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How come Miami vs. NE is also so late?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I live in Florida, and I can't remember ANY time when I've seen a 110 degree game with 100% humidity. Just pointing out a little exaggeration in your statement.

However, with that said, I will admit that the Fish give us all we can handle, either in N.E. or in Miami. But the weather has everything to do with it (unlike last year when the weather didn't even play a part). Just like we can't beat you in extreme heat, you can't be us in freezing temperatures.

Yeah they may have been a bit of an exxageration but I do recall opening day in 2005 when it touched 120 in So Fla but I can't remember the humidity.

I just want to see the Pats and Dolphins a little earlier in the season because it's the one I look forward to the most every year.

So Brewski can make snow angels...

Because Shula is no longer on the rules comittee; it's been all downhill for the Doofins ever since he retired. For Doofins fans, a successful season is beating the Patriots once a year, for us, it's winning a Super Bowl.

It seems like every team in the NFL will have that team that seems to be their kryptonite if you will. For the Patriots it's the Broncos and Dolphins. And no matter how bad the Jets and Bills are and how good the Dolphins are, those are always tough games.

Kryptonite? Classic. Yea, winning a game makes your team kryptonite.

Because Shula is no longer on the rules comittee

Exactly. Let's see, Don Shula was on the Competition Committee from 1975 to 1995. In that 21-year span the Pats hosted the Doofins in a regular season December/January just four times, only twice after 1982 (can you say "Snow Plow Game"?). Conversely, the Pats had to play in Miami in December eight times during that span, and another three times in the sweltering South Florida September heat. No coincidence, right? Nothing a few minutes of research wouldn't have produced. AquaPinheadForever needs to stop his whining now.

Kryptonite? Classic. Yea, winning a game makes your team kryptonite.

Well a team wins 11-12 games a year and are constantly losing to one team every year, I would call that a problem.

Well a team wins 11-12 games a year and are constantly losing to one team every year, I would call that a problem.

But perhaps not as big a problem as not making the playoffs for several years running.

yup the dolphins constantly lose to the pats once a year and we win sbs and the division and the dolphins go nowhere .that's a problem lol.by far your most intelligent post .i salute you lol.

But perhaps not as big a problem as not making the playoffs for several years running.

Yep the Patriots are a better team. Good job, that makes you a better person than me. Maybe I should just be one of those bandwagon fans and root for the winning team every year huh?

Problem? I see it a bit different, because in yesteryear the Phins were more likely to sweep the Patriots. Since 2001, the Patriots have won 3 Super Bowls, and have won at least one of the games each year against the Dolphins. They swept the Dolphins in 2003, lost by 1 point in 2004, and lost with their backups in 2005.

I kinda think the team with the problem is the team that lost it's head coach, a bunch of players, and is aging. Not the team that is the best team over the last decade, has had the best offseason of any other NFL team, and is the only team in the league to have 2 number 1 picks.

Tell ya what. You can get excited over winning 1 game a year against the Patriots and missing the playoffs, and we'll get excited over winning 1 game a year against the rival Dolphins and winning Super Bowls.:)

Obviously it's hotter in September in Miami than Boston, but not by much.
The real issue in playing in Miami early is having to contend with the dirt base paths from the Marlins.

Yes well perhaps no team was as awful as the Pats for the majority of their history.

Yes well perhaps no team was as awful as the Pats for the majority of their history.

The thread is about the 2007 schedule.

Could you inform us how the 1960's and 1970's help your team?

Today, your team is an asterisk. Saban has fled and your organization is in tatters.

Patsfans are far more interested in what's going on in Pittsburgh, Indy, SD and New York. We have "bigger fish" to fry.

I find it so funny how this idiot says we struggle with the Dolphins, as if it's a serious problem. Wow, what a shocker, a division opponent plays us tough!

Lets comapre the history from 01, shall we?

2001 - Series split, Patriots win last game if the series and clinch the division. Who came out on top that year?

2002 - Dolphins kill us in Miami. Second game, all the Dolphins have to do is win and they are in the playoffs. Instead, they lose to NE, knocking them out of the playoffs. Who owns who now?

2003 - Nothing. The Dolphins are swept, the Patriots dominate.

2004 - Patriots win first game of the series, by the time they played Miami again they had the division clinched, atleast the #2 seed locked. Miami wins. Congrats, you won an absolutely meaningless game. Again, how do you own us?

2005 - Miami competing for the division, loses the only game they had a chance to jump into first place for. Then, with their starters resting for the playoffs, Miami defeats a Cassel led Pats team. Tell me, who won the important game and who beat the backups?

2006 - Patriots win the first game, Dolphins win the second. Again, the Dolphins fail to make the playoffs.

So lets see here, every single win you've had against us, the Pats already had the playoffs locked up. Every game that had some signifigance such as playoff implications or division standings, the Patriots beat the Dolphins. So who owns who? Ever since 01, we have a winning record, more division titles, more superbowls. You guys have meaningless wins against us. Yet you call your team a problem? No, the only team thats REALLY is the Pats kryptonite, the Broncos, who have knocked us outta the playoffs, nearly beaten us with their 2rd string QB can call themselves our krypotonite.

You fish fans can keep winning all the meaningless games you want to. We'll keep beating you when it matters, we'll continue dominating the division, and we'll constantly contend to be there at the end of the year. Hey, heres hoping your fins win their superbowl and split the season series!

Yeah I too prefer a sweep. ;)

I just want to see how the Pats would handle a 110 degree weather game with 100% humidity......

WHy don't you ask horse face Polian how that goes...
at least we know it's hot in Miami, as well as the RCA dome in second halfs....

PD.

The thread is about the 2007 schedule.

Could you inform us how the 1960's and 1970's help your team?

Today, your team is an asterisk. Saban has fled and your organization is in tatters.

Patsfans are far more interested in what's going on in Pittsburgh, Indy, SD and New York. We have "bigger fish" to fry.

The Post I was responding to had nothing to do with the 2007 schedule either, why don't you ask the person I was reponding to the same question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down