PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How can StubHub and other sites get away with this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
One dirty little secret mentioned in the coded post above is that ST holders are never gonna get SB tix because they all >99% go to the club seat holders, the beautiful people in the red seats who watch indoors sipping chablis with their quiche. I know ST holders from 1970 who never get SB tix.

ya and its not right since they are the real fans who endore the elemets to watch their favorite team play

I don't like it if people use them for every game, but I have used Stubhub to get tickets for a pats game every once in a while just because I live in NC, and it is impossible to get tickets, and I can't get season tickets.

I really dislike the way tickets are being sold at insane prices.

However, there is only one way to stop it. Don't buy them! I know that some with expense accounts are buying them and then taking a tax write off. But even then its an obscene price.

These fools who buy them are the problem rather than the greedy bastards who sell them. If the most that someone could get for a $125 ticket was $150 they probably wouldn't sell them. As much as I love the Patriots I would never pay more than $150 for a good seat.

Ok history lesson...long time season ticket holder that has never sold a ticket.I am so glad that we host this year,last year we bought tix to the indy afc game off ebay for 300 each real price,4 of us sat together upper tier.plus airfare and hotel great time had by all it's as close to a super bowl you can get previously we went to Pitt for the XXXIX afc game that we won and we got tix for that off ebay also for 550 a pair upper endzones,been to three super bowls and the most I had to pay was 1750 each SBXXXIX sidelines30 yard 16 rows from the field,went to meadowlands sat night and saw tix for face value everywhere on the way in to stadium,never win tix thru lottery since club seats built at new stadium,sit in my seats every week next to people who have bought/got ripped off by non fan season ticket holder account losers.thats right I'm calling you out.not to mention the club seat holders that get all the SB tickets now and scalp em along w/other empoyees and a couple of reg season ticket holders maybe 4LOL.Now get this straight the way to put an end to this nonsense is real easy.if/when we win a super bowl only release the tickets to the winners/buyers is if they pick them up at the event up to 24 hrs prior to game and playoffs should have to show id of season ticket holder on entrance and guess what if you the season tix holder is not with your group see ya,I will say that this would cause some delay but if you can't make the game turn em back in and let the team dispurse them FAIRLY to the people who actually know the game of football and want to witness the history first hand,oh yea by the way the team has still not acted on the list that was court order produced of the loser account holders that sold the ducats illegally,why I don't know maybe some of em are to well connected But I would sure like to see some action on the Krafts part Go patsI hope this wasn't considered to much of a rant just my 2 cents

I agree with this post ..... but man .... periods ... commas .... and <Enter>

R

sites like stubhub, ticketsnow, and ebay are the only way some of us who live out of town can come to games. Just remember there are out of towners who have no other real option than to pay the prices given if we can afford it. Because there is no other way for us to get tickets otherwise.

How can StubHub and other sites get away with this??

Most folks refer to it as capitalism. The ticket has a value and someone is going to pay it. If the Krafts wanted to, they could figure it out and charge a proper face value and there wouldn't be a stub hub.

Just keep in mind, the tickets will always find their value one way or another and if you can't afford it that's your bad luck.

Does it suck that real fans can't get into a game, but corporate big wigs can? Yep, sure does. Of course, that's how the rest of the world works too.

sites like stubhub, ticketsnow, and ebay are the only way some of us who live out of town can come to games. Just remember there are out of towners who have no other real option than to pay the prices given if we can afford it. Because there is no other way for us to get tickets otherwise.
ebay is the only one of the 3 you listed where the seller HAS the ticket... stubhub and ticketsnow both just subscribe to eventinventory, a secret "skulls & bones" society... if you dont believe me, check out the inventory on stubhub (which i will admit, has eventinventory, plus others), seacoast, ticketsnow, acetickets, tickettown, and ANYONE you know... it is very obvious, since some of the text notes will be the same.. in fact, you can just change the number in the URI, and when you find the lowest price on the seat you want, that is the real holder of the ticket... each member of eventinventory can advertise a ticket they dont own (usually someone like vivid seats in chicago owns them), and they can set their own markup... the lister doesnt care if they sell them or not, since they dont own the hotpotato... if they sell it, great, if not, it costs nothing.... thats why, on the night before a game, you see scalpers like vivid dumping seats on ebay... the dude in chicago doesnt want the hotpotato.
if mike reiss would like the full story, i would be happy to give a confidential interview to him... only to reiss... and only to help the patriots fans.

Well you know what they say money talks and bull**** runs a marathon!

Well you know what they say money talks and bull**** runs a marathon!

wow, you made a true and credible point... welcome to the board, and keep up the great, informative posts.

ebay is the only one of the 3 you listed where the seller HAS the ticket... stubhub and ticketsnow both just subscribe to eventinventory, a secret "skulls & bones" society... if you dont believe me, check out the inventory on stubhub (which i will admit, has eventinventory, plus others), seacoast, ticketsnow, acetickets, tickettown, and ANYONE you know... it is very obvious, since some of the text notes will be the same.. in fact, you can just change the number in the URI, and when you find the lowest price on the seat you want, that is the real holder of the ticket... each member of eventinventory can advertise a ticket they dont own (usually someone like vivid seats in chicago owns them), and they can set their own markup... the lister doesnt care if they sell them or not, since they dont own the hotpotato... if they sell it, great, if not, it costs nothing.... thats why, on the night before a game, you see scalpers like vivid dumping seats on ebay... the dude in chicago doesnt want the hotpotato.
if mike reiss would like the full story, i would be happy to give a confidential interview to him... only to reiss... and only to help the patriots fans.

Oh I know there is a huge list that most of these sites go off of. I checked around on different sites before before I bought to the Jets game and found the same ticket on most of the sites. ticketsnow had the best price on it (that I came across), so thats where I bought from. Same thing with the Bruins tickets I got last year. I would just love to know where to get ahold of that "master list" and find the lowest priced ticket. Not that I'm complaining, but I feel it is common sense to check around for the lowest price.

Oh I know there is a huge list that most of these sites go off of. I checked around on different sites before before I bought to the Jets game and found the same ticket on most of the sites. ticketsnow had the best price on it (that I came across), so thats where I bought from. Same thing with the Bruins tickets I got last year. I would just love to know where to get ahold of that "master list" and find the lowest priced ticket. Not that I'm complaining, but I feel it is common sense to check around for the lowest price.
usually you can go to any of the sites, look at the URI address, and just keep changing the number in the address... of course, they will change that so you cant do it eventually (they should have already)... that also gives you the company names of all of the subscribers to eventinventory... remember, no site has every lowest priced ticket... if you want section 20, row 7... you have to find the real holder of that hotpotato... they will give you the best price... look at seacoast for example... their own tickets are listed as "featured tickets" or whatever, up top... that means they actually are holding the hotpotato, and are anxious to dump them, at much better prices than anyone else from eventinventory would... you will notice they will offer their own hotpotatos for less than worse seats that they list from eventinventory.

wow.. ok, enough guys... i had no idea there would be this much interest... id help anyone, but it's too many... if someone has a website or something, which is designed to help pats fans, i will help, then everyone can read it at once... i dont have time to answer a ton of emails/etc...

All Stubhub does is put people who are looking for tickets in contact with people who are selling the tickets. The price is set by the holder of the tickets. Stubhub will charge you 10% of the price. So if someone is selling a ticket for $800, you will have to pay an extra $80 to buy the ticket plus whatever service charge there is.

I thought the 10% thing was charged to the seller?
They cant charge you 10% on tip of the price + an additional service charge.
On the first point alone that would be misrepresenting the price. When I bought tickets to MLB games there was a flat rate service charge.

It is scalping and it is against the law, that's why the Patriots sued StubHub and got a list of clients.
To the best of my knowledge they haven't got the client list yet.

Stubhub is in cahoots with the NFL and for good reason. It's in the NFL's best interest to allow regulated scalping to occur.

Allowing unregulated scalping harkens back to the prohibition era. The NFL is just getting a clue. There's too much money to be lost by the NFL by allowing unregulated scalping to occur. The NFL is just looking to make a market.

Last edited:
ebay is the only one of the 3 you listed where the seller HAS the ticket... stubhub and ticketsnow both just subscribe to eventinventory, a secret "skulls & bones" society... if you dont believe me, check out the inventory on stubhub (which i will admit, has eventinventory, plus others), seacoast, ticketsnow, acetickets, tickettown, and ANYONE you know...

Thanks for that insight, PWC. You sure seem to have a grasp of the situation. I sure didn't know any of that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots