PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How can Brady be so quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
And let me start of by saying I don't know if I'm frustrated or not. But like Brady said in his SB49 pregame speech. "Its about honor. Its about your families honor". Roger Goodell is ruining Tom Brady, and his name for the sole purpose of power and control. He has lied about the facts, lied about what Brady has said, and manipulated the facts and data in an attempt to achieve this. That name is linked to his father and his boys, and it has been ruined by a pathological liar in a expensive suit. I understand that there is a procedure in all of this, and there still may be a legal argument to make on Bradys behalf. But it is certainly looking more likely that this will not be heard by any other court and this argument has been finally put to rest (legally speaking). If so, I would certainly hope Brady will come out at one point or another and put Goodell in his place. Nothing would please me more then to see him stand at a podium, look straight into the camera, say he did nothing call Goodell corrupt and a liar. And Ive got to say he is a better man (and smarter) then me cuz I would have done that a long time ago. I don't understand how someone who a gained so much, while be told that you are not good enough, through nothing but hard work and determination, can stay so quiet when there is a deliberate and calculated effort to destroy you name. With absolutely no proof of any wrong doing.

brady's reputation/legacy has been successfully destroyed by roger and the 32 owners. the greatest player of this generation will be remembered as a cheater now..it sucks but that's just how it is.

Because just like Bob Kraft, he sees no need to cater to the FOTM

Because he leads with actions not words.

From my limited knowledge on this whole fiasco (I stopped paying much attention), the court just ruled that Goodell has the power under the cba to punish players as he sees fit. Aside from Brady having to sit 4 games, I honestly don't see what there is to get so damn emotional about..I used up all possible frustration I could feel about this nearly a year ago

While manic depressive Bob Kraft would first fulminate and ask for apologies only to cower meekly once the bullets fly, next turn another 180 objecting to Brady's suspension and finally spinning back to say it's the league lawyer, not Saint Roger, the Brady team is smarter and knows to keep their powder dry.

brady's reputation/legacy has been successfully destroyed by roger and the 32 owners. the greatest player of this generation will be remembered as a cheater now..it sucks but that's just how it is.

I don't think it will. I think it will be a mere footnote. Of the two scandals that will be brought up, I actually believe it will be Spygate first and foremost.

What's the point? The last time Brady spoke about this garbage, his every word was scrutinized, Mark Brunell cried, and he was asked "what about the children!!!!":rolleyes: I don't blame him.

relax, sit back, and wait for him to mount his 4th quarter comeback and win.

He did mount his 4th quarter comeback. Then the legal equivalent of the Tyree catch happened and here we are.

I don't think it will. I think it will be a mere footnote. Of the two scandals that will be brought up, I actually believe it will be Spygate first and foremost.
The most insane part is actual owners somehow don't understand what spygate is. It truly is mindboggling. Only actual coaches from the time period are rational ones who knew it was nothing.

Q: Is Tom Brady a cheater?
TB: I don't believe so.

And there's the soundbite that stuck in most people's minds during Brady's only direct public "denial." Of course his full answer to the question is more comprehensive and thoughtful….

TB: I don’t believe so. I feel like I’ve always played within the rules. I would never do anything to break the rules. I believe in fair play and I respect the league and everything they’re doing to try to create a very competitive playing field for all the NFL teams. It’s a very competitive league. Every team is trying to do the best they can to win every week. I believe in fair play and I’ll always believe in that for as long as I’m playing."

Given the attention deficit devolvement of our species, one that can only function in 140 characters max, "I don't think so" is the implanted image in our conscience and this impression lacks definitiveness and defiance. Brady opted for a prepared answer instead of an emphatic "HELL NO"…….and this has always bothered me. Sure Brady is a different breed……but…….if I was in his position and honestly believed in my innocence….I would be as emphatic as possible….not parsing words. His answer had a Clintonian quality to it.
At some point, TB12 needs to pound the table….and eviscerate Goodell. He needs to explain to the public his quiet demeanor thus far (answer obvious) ….and tell the world the gloves are off now. And if he can toss in the following nugget and the end of his statement…….."And I have instructed my counsel to initiate a defamation lawsuit against Goodell and the NFL here in the state of Massachusetts"………then I have to run out and get some rotten eggs to hurl at Goodell when he enters court to defame Brady once again.

Last edited:
His legacy is not destroyed. Yeah Brady will be called a cheater by many non-Pats fans for as long as they can remember.

But most any reasonable and worthwhile football fan will acknowledge Brady as the GOAT or close to. Especially if he wins another championship.

His legacy is mostly fine unless you are totally pre occupied with the opinions of other fan bases.

disagree man

brady will never be treated like other " legends ", i doubt we'll see him making trips through radio rows during SB weeks like the joe montana's of the world. nothing wrong with that, but i think tom will be ridiculed for a long time...

disagree man

brady will never be treated like other " legends ", i doubt we'll see him making trips through radio rows during SB weeks like the joe montana's of the world. nothing wrong with that, but i think tom will be ridiculed for a long time...

Sure he will. Especially when you look at the fact that other "legends" have been embroiled in controversy during their time and, somehow, those controversies never come up first. Brady will be remembered as a four (and hopefully five, six, seven...) time Super Bowl champion and the GOAT first. The discussion on SpyFlateGate will come at a distant second.

Aren't we being a bit dramatic? (1) There is a faction of jealous NFL fans who will always believe the Patriots are cheaters. (2) This ruling was not a pronouncement of guilt. In fact, in order to win, the NFL basically had to argue that its investigation didn't have to be objective or fair. (3) We're talking about deflated footballs here (if you believe it happened). Peyton Manning had HGH shipped to his house. Jerry Rice volunteered the fact that he used stickum. In my opinion, the fact that Brady is serving four games while these guys get off just highlights the ridiculousness of the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes