PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How can both of these be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatepatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
If they are 9 mil over, how can they give long extensions to Wayne, Brock, and now Brackett? Nearly the whole NFL is making cut after cut and they continue to sign guys while they are over the cap?????

Maybe someone knows more about this than I do, but it makes no sense to me.[/QUOTE]

The Colts can do it because the NFL wants poster boy Manning to win his Super Bowl and they will change the rules, massage the schedule, encourage the officials to cheat, and basically do whatever it takes. Watch them res-ign Edgerrin too.

The Colts can give extensions to those guys the same way the Pats have been able to. By paying the league minimum and giving the guys a decent signing bonus that gets pro-rated over the 4 years that is currently allowed. Its not that big of a deal.

Also, you don't know who they have restructured and who they haven't restructured. Not to mention that they don't have to be below the cap until 12:01 AM on Friday Morning.

Oh stop being so reasonable DaBruinz!

Hoodie said:
Oh stop being so reasonable DaBruinz!

It's my B-day. I can be any damn way I please... :woohoo:

:beersign:

:eat2:
:eat3:

DaBruinz said:

Well, Happy Birthday. I agree, it's your party and you can be reasonable if you want to.

I've notice a lot of birthdays on this site since February 19th, including mine....hmmmmm....seems like there's an abundance of Pisceans/Pats fans....something very very fishy about this.....:D:D:D

Last edited:
tatepatsfan said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2350358

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2349505

If they are 9 mil over, how can they give long extensions to Wayne, Brock, and now Brackett? Nearly the whole NFL is making cut after cut and they continue to sign guys while they are over the cap?????

Maybe someone knows more about this than I do, but it makes no sense to me.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but a recent profootballtalk item about some cap rulings suggests that the Colts were trying a fancy workaround...and that it might backfire:

We're also told that, in a separate ruling, the Special Master invalidated a device that the Colts had been using to fit recent deals under the cap. We presently don't have any further details in this regard, but it could spell trouble for a franchise that somehow has been finding a way to throw around money at a time when other teams are looking for ways to make cuts.

happy birthday!

DaBruinz said:

what number?
let 'er rip!
any of your friends got bail money?

patchick said:
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but a recent profootballtalk item about some cap rulings suggests that the Colts were trying a fancy workaround...and that it might backfire:

We're also told that, in a separate ruling, the Special Master invalidated a device that the Colts had been using to fit recent deals under the cap. We presently don't have any further details in this regard, but it could spell trouble for a franchise that somehow has been finding a way to throw around money at a time when other teams are looking for ways to make cuts.

And it has backfired. They're screwed the the wall if a deal doesn't get done. Check the PFT rumor mill for an update.

yes....recently posted a bit more about the special master's ruling...NO CBA and they are screwed big time...also an interesting notion on what would happen if a team was NOT under the cap...the Skins. Hmmmand that could happen...the drama continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back