Welcome to PatsFans.com

How can both of these be true?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by tatepatsfan, Mar 1, 2006.

1. tatepatsfan

tatepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

2. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If they are 9 mil over, how can they give long extensions to Wayne, Brock, and now Brackett? Nearly the whole NFL is making cut after cut and they continue to sign guys while they are over the cap?????

Maybe someone knows more about this than I do, but it makes no sense to me.[/QUOTE]

The Colts can do it because the NFL wants poster boy Manning to win his Super Bowl and they will change the rules, massage the schedule, encourage the officials to cheat, and basically do whatever it takes. Watch them res-ign Edgerrin too.
  3. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +234 / 18 / -37

#50 Jersey

The Colts can give extensions to those guys the same way the Pats have been able to. By paying the league minimum and giving the guys a decent signing bonus that gets pro-rated over the 4 years that is currently allowed. Its not that big of a deal.

Also, you don't know who they have restructured and who they haven't restructured. Not to mention that they don't have to be below the cap until 12:01 AM on Friday Morning.
  4. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh stop being so reasonable DaBruinz!
  5. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +234 / 18 / -37

#50 Jersey

It's my B-day. I can be any damn way I please... :woohoo:

:beersign:

:eat2:
    :eat3:
  6. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, Happy Birthday. I agree, it's your party and you can be reasonable if you want to.
  7. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +735 / 14 / -12

I've notice a lot of birthdays on this site since February 19th, including mine....hmmmmm....seems like there's an abundance of Pisceans/Pats fans....something very very fishy about this.....:D:D:D
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  8. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +603 / 6 / -0

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but a recent profootballtalk item about some cap rulings suggests that the Colts were trying a fancy workaround...and that it might backfire:

We're also told that, in a separate ruling, the Special Master invalidated a device that the Colts had been using to fit recent deals under the cap. We presently don't have any further details in this regard, but it could spell trouble for a franchise that somehow has been finding a way to throw around money at a time when other teams are looking for ways to make cuts.
  9. ilduce06410

ilduce06410 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

happy birthday!

what number?
    let 'er rip!
    any of your friends got bail money?
  10. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

And it has backfired. They're screwed the the wall if a deal doesn't get done. Check the PFT rumor mill for an update.
  11. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

yes....recently posted a bit more about the special master's ruling...NO CBA and they are screwed big time...also an interesting notion on what would happen if a team was NOT under the cap...the Skins. Hmmmand that could happen...the drama continues...