PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How bout that effort by Watson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
he also had to run around a ref who inadvertantly set a pick on his way to Bailey

very kewl!

Champ Bailey was a Georgia Bulldog

Ben Watson was a Georgia Bulldog a few years later.

Maybe Ben just wanted to show him a little something he learned at Georgia too.

Seymor was a Georgia Bulldog in between Champ and Ben's years.

I'm glad to see Ben Watson here in New England.

If he had been a step slower there would be no doubt about the touchback. The ball definately would have flown through end zone without question.

One hell of a play. It still blows my mind that he caught him.

big mike said:
It was a pre-season game. In some ways, that one may have been more impressive. The pass was intended for him, but thrown behind him. The CB that picked it off caught it with a full head of steam heading towards the Patriot's Endzone (it was also caught deep in the opponents territory). Watson had to completely change direction, and still managed to catch the much smaller CB.

I really hope they start using him more as a receiver in the passing game (part of that depends on improving the OL - both he and Graham are needed for blocking a lot, so they're not as available for catching passes).

I haven't forgotten you were the first one to predict the pick.

When Koppen is back at center, with Kaczur and Light as tackles, and hoping Neal is re-signed, the OL will be as tough and fast and smart as any in the league and that will go a long way to giving Watson and Graham their chance to shine as receivers.

BTW, a minor nit for all you posters, since this is a thread on respect for #84, he prefers Benjamin to Ben.

CheerforTom said:
Man, I just watched another clip of it, and one of the best parts is check out Watson's reaction to the hit. It's an absolute massacre, and the guy just calmly walks off, no jeering, nothing. WHAT a class act.

totally true - i agree.

what an amazing play...

i have seen it many many times allready too...

scott99 said:
I have to agree, that was one of the most incredible plays in the history of football

i am with you.

it is impossible to forget one play like it.

impossible !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back