Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want this Chanpionship more than the others?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want this game more than any other, but I don't think I will experience the same joy as I experienced after SB 36.

Going into SB 36 I was kind of resolved with the fact that the Pats were probaby going to lose, but hoped that they would pull of a miracle. I never felt like the Pats were going to win that game until the ball went through the uprights. I thought for sure traitor was going to miss the field goal and it was going to go down as another Boston sports choke. That SB was the first time I experienced one of my teams winning a championship. I thought it would also be the last time.

Now, like a previous poster stated, we're entering '72 Dolphins, 49ers, Montana, and 70s Steelers territory. It's so much fun rooting for this team/players and watching them make history. I want this team to finish the deal more than any other. I would be more crushed if they lost this game than any other. More crushed than Aaron ******* Boone, SB 31, 2006 AFCCG, or any game for that matter.

Well, looking back.. 2001 seems far away now but there are some moments that will live forever...

The crushing disappointment when Tom was caught from behind during the Raiders game in the snow.. Then, when it was ruled that it was an incomplete pass, not a fumble... the overwhelming joy, followed by the tremendous kick in the snow (over 45+ yds) by Adam !!!

To me, that was the greatest game I have ever seen in Football !!! Tops any other game I've seen so far...

That was the game which signaled the arrival of this team... Look how far we've come since then.

'01 is always special and that has been imprinted on my brain..

This year is about vindication and becoming historical, it is a ying and yang thing.. but will go with wanting this one very bad for so many reasons..

I want it really really really badly.

The potential perfect season + the terrible pre-beginning of the season (HGH, Spygate) + the fact that I will be present at the SB = holycrapIreallywantawinheremorethananyothergamepleasejustgivemethisoneandIwon'taskforanotherSB...

...until next year, probably.

Last edited:
I want this game more than any other, but I don't think I will experience the same joy as I experienced after SB 36.

Going into SB 36 I was kind of resolved with the fact that the Pats were probaby going to lose, but hoped that they would pull of a miracle. I never felt like the Pats were going to win that game until the ball went through the uprights. I thought for sure traitor was going to miss the field goal and it was going to go down as another Boston sports choke. That SB was the first time I experienced one of my teams winning a championship. I thought it would also be the last time.

Now, like a previous poster stated, we're entering '72 Dolphins, 49ers, Montana, and 70s Steelers territory. It's so much fun rooting for this team/players and watching them make history. I want this team to finish the deal more than any other. I would be more crushed if they lost this game than any other. More crushed than Aaron ******* Boone, SB 31, 2006 AFCCG, or any game for that matter.

I think a lot of us felt that way going into the game. One of my best friends is a Rams fan. And, I kept telling him not to worry. We gave you guys our best shot at home and couldn't do it. Turf, dome, we were doomed. Or, so I thought. I think Pats fans are taking the legacy of this current team a lot more personal than the 2nd and 3rd championships. We're not used to the whole world hating us. If you think about it. It's the sign of ultimate respect.
I'm 46. Never in my lifetime did I think I would hear fans of other teams say.
I don't care who wins it. As long as someone beats the damn Patriots!! I chuckle to myself when I read comments from fans of other teams like that. I know they are a lot younger than me. But, certainly makes me LOL.

I think we win the game. Want it very badly. Cements our legacy up there with the 60's Packers, 70's Steelers and 49ers as great dynasties. We can quibble about who's is better. But, this team ain't going away for the next 3-5 years barring a miraculous run of injuries. I believe I'm in the minority here. But, I wouldn't be as devastated as some others. We've got 3 more rings than I thought I'd ever see.

If the Pats don't win on Sunday, I will have to take my life.

Me too. I am going to watch it with a few Giant and PATS friend's of mine
(45 minutes away from my home) and I told my wife that if we lose - I mught not coming back for a while. It will be a lonely drive home.....It happened last year - went to the same place to watch the AFCCG and the drive back was one of the worst moments of my life! I was re-creating the TB pass to Troy Brown and how that could have sealed the deal.

Anyhow - we have come full circle and I am hoping to have the opposite result!

GO PATS!!

If someone would have asked me this question at the beginning of the season, I would have had a different answer.

Now I want this more than any of the others. And there are several reasons why this one means more.

1. The perfect season ending in a Championship.
2. The very harsh punishment handed down by the evil Roger Goodell.
3. All the media and opposing fan bull crap over the camera thing
4. The NY Giants. I don't think I could bare a loss to them in the Super Bowl. This is a team that claimed the NE area when I was growing up. Giants fans in NE are the most smug and arrogant that I have ever known. They were at their peak in the mid 80's and early 90's. Hell, a TV station in Portland would show the Giants game if they had the choice between the Patriots and the Giants.

So this one now means more to me than any of the others. How do you feel?

I take every Superbowl as it comes. :D

And I'm with you. Let the rest of the world look for an exciting game. A 31-0 blow-out would be just fine with me. (The Patriots have played enough exciting Superbowls for anyone.)

But I have to confess. I don't really dislike the Giants. Their day as "New England's Team" was before my time. I don't like the uniforms or the New York media and fans and I thought that they were a pretty boring team in the 80s. But I admire the way that they have played so hard in recent games and can't bring myself to dislike Eli as much as I dislike his brother (and father).

Still, I'm with you Brother Homer! Go Pats!

I have already informed my boss that I may take a personal day on Monday. If the Pats win, I will show up to work in the best of moods. If the Pats lose, I will have too big of a hang-over to go, way too big of a hang-over.

I have already informed my boss that I may take a personal day on Monday. If the Pats win, I will show up to work in the best of moods. If the Pats lose, I will have too big of a hang-over to go, way too big of a hang-over.

I did that last year. I couldn't go to work on Monday after the PAST lsot. Didn't watch tv until the SuperBowl and the stopped watching again. However I realized that not going to work was actually the wrong thing to do because at work you are distracted - at home you just think about the game.

I want this one the most, simply because I don't want to have to hear that we may have gone undefeated through the regular season but we didn't win the superbowl. GO PATS:rocker:

I want this one the most, simply because I don't want to have to hear that we may have gone undefeated through the regular season but we didn't win the superbowl. GO PATS:rocker:

:yeahthat:
If the Pats don't win this one they will be considered the biggest chokers in NFL history, if the do win it, they will have to be considered one of the best teams of all time!

Now who doesn't want to be able to hang the latter part over some Indy, Dallas, SD, NYJ, Mia... fans heads for the rest of our lives? :D

Plus, we will have witnessed history not likely to be duplicated anytime soon or ever in our lifetime and OUR TEAM did it! :rocker:

I have already decided to take 2/4/08 off. There is no way I'll be able to sleep until the very wee hours of the morning after the game.

I have already decided to take 2/4/08 off. There is no way I'll be able to sleep until the very wee hours of the morning after the game.

Me too, but that is more due to the game finishing at stupid o' clock, GMT. My boss is amused that I would take a day off to watch an American sporting event. She isn't big on any sport, so really doesn't get it. That said, she gave me the day off with no questions asked, so I can't complain.

Me too, but that is more due to the game finishing at stupid o' clock, GMT. My boss is amused that I would take a day off to watch an American sporting event. She isn't big on any sport, so really doesn't get it. That said, she gave me the day off with no questions asked, so I can't complain.

Maybe if it was the finals of Dancing with the Stars, she would understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back