PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How are your binkies doing elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was going to be a Patriot even though it made no sense to some. I know they had signed Wilfork to the long term but I really thought Cody would of given us a dynamic front that would of been very hard to run against. Not to mention depth, we were an injury away from going from very good to ok. Turns out with the Warren injury it would of been a good move. Whatever, it is over and done with and we got a pretty good player with McCourty and some more draft picks.

It does bother me a little with Baltimore having those 2 huge guys clogging the middle. I keep wondering if anyone will be able to run up the gut on those 2? Or will the center and guards be strong enough to keep them out of the QB's face?

I hate this mentality. I'd rather use our draft picks on players than keep hoarding more picks for later drafts.

I've not yet given up on Brace. I do think that Cody will be a disaster.

We shall see.

Back a few years ago when everyone was bashing Curtis Lofton....

I don't see why most people are down on Lofton. He is a stud of a player. Sure he may not be the fastest, or the biggest, but then again neither is Teddy B, or many many others that have been phenomenal in the NFL.

I admit I'm a huge Oklahoma Fan, but I've got to see him play for years now and he makes plays EVERYWHERE. He had 157 tackles last year!! That's more than any Bob Stoops player has ever had at Oklahoma (the most tackles from any OU player since 1979). He had at least 10 tackles in 8 games last year.

To boot he is, character wise, a stand up guy, and never got into trouble, and I've heard Stoops say he is one of the hardest working players he has ever coached. So he is smart, athletic, has good character, hard working, and tremendous football skills. Gee...I think he sounds rather a nice fit.

Oh and BTW yes I am his agent.....kidding...

I still like him! May not have been the right fit for us, but he is doing pretty well for Atlanta.

I just rubbed a little sand in my wounds by reading about how my pet RB, 6th rounder Deji Karim, is creating a lot of buzz in Jaguars camp.
heartbroken.gif

And all the breathless reports of Koa Misi in Miami and Brandon Graham in Philadelpha have to set some teeth gritting around here, too (though neither was really available to the Pats, the way the draft shook out. You can't get 'em all.) A few other players I followed closely, like Austen Lane and Carlos Dunlap, have been struggling with injuries.

Any other news?
SUH is doing just fine, if only he would stop trying to un-screw the opposing QB's head. Imagine him on the pats as a D-end.

Last edited:
SUH is doing just fine, if only he would stop trying to un-screw the opposing QB's head. Imagine him on the pats as a D-end.

Given how much the Pats would have had to give up to get Suh, I'm quite happy not imagining that, TYVM. ;)

I figure this can go here. Connor Barwin is out for season! D:

The majestic (Mc)Cluster Bomb just went off in KC for a 94 yard touchdown. It was awesome. :cool:

It took 2 years but I liked Arian Foster when he was at Tennessee. If I remember he had a good junior year and struggled as a senior. He went undrafted and I read he was a bit of an s---head but looks like he ended up ok.

Ps. Clay Matthews is kicking butt :)

Demaryius Thomas had a great start to his career for Denver.

Seems like all my binkies are Oklahoma players. Another one I liked was Reggie Smith (safety for 49ers) He started off slow, and missed some time to injuries, and was even inactive for a while. He has got a role in the defense there now and he did well on Monday night against the saints, some big hits, pass breakups, almost a INT. Don't know if he'll ever amount to much, but I was glad to see it.

Carlos Dunlap is coming on strong after struggling with injury in the early going -- I believe he has 7 sacks in the last 6 games.

I had Blair White and Seyi Ajirotutu as late-rounders. Both appear to have done okay, considering the awkward spots they were suddenly thrust into.

Shipley appears to be the VG slot guy I thought he'd be.

Jamar Chaney has gotten rave reviews in two games so far at MLB for the Eagles, replacing the injured (again) Stewart Bradley.

Rolando McClain has been at least very competent. Saffold appears to have a steady job.

Gerhart seems to be coming along considering his misfortune at getting drafted by a team without particularly strong run-blocking (though it could have been much worse).

Cody Grimm was doing fine till he got hurt.

Alualu has done okay - at least as well as Gerald McCoy.

Brandon Graham, Dennis Pitta, Kyle Wilson, Andrew Quarless, Dorin ****erson, Doug Worthington, Alex Carrington, Matt Tennant, Max Hall, Mike Kafka, Te'o-Nesheim - not so much.

Last edited:
Also be interesting to do a "Guys who Surprised" thread - draftees who did better than we personally expected.

And maybe an "I told you so" thread for guys who busted as expected.

I came on here before the draft touting Cunningham as my binky. We got him and he is starting to look like he did at Florida.. closing on alot of balls.

I think that it is about time that BB listened to me when it comes to running backs. My RB binkies from the last few drafts were:

(2010) LaGarret Blount (I had him as a 6th rounder) closing in on 1,000 yards season is is even better that I thought he could be.

(2009) Knowshon Moreno (he was gone before the Pats' picked (or should I say traded thier pick) He has been hurt most of his career, but I thought he would be great in this system.

My all-time Binky was Maurice Jones-Drew, I was all for drafting him back when he came out (I think that the Jags grabbed him much earlier than I thought he would go).

So for this year, I want no part of Mark Ingram (don't ask me why. I just don't like his game). De Marco Murray will go long before the Pats get around to drafting a RB. So BB please listen to me, Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse, he can easily be had in the late round has been hurt most of his career, but his is healthy now and is a clone of BJGE, never fumbles always goes forward. He should get a ton of carries tomorrow in the Pinstripe Bowl (yeeks) watch the game and see if you agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back