PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about this scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher Patriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Trade Mankins for Tashard Choice and a draft pick.
Let's be honest we need a running back in the worst way.
Tashard Choice, Anthony Dixon, our backs I'd rather have than Maroney Morris Taylor BJG combined.
If we had a threat to run the ball this offense could be epic.
As far as D if i'm BB i'm keeping a close eye on Dallas, Sf, defensive lines.
As much as we could use Mankins I really believe he is done as a Patriot which is sad.
That being said Belichick hates weakness's, then let's shore them up pronto.
I don't want to see number 85 firing the rifle week 1.
In BB we trust to fix these defensive holes.

Tashard Choice, Anthony Dixon, our backs I'd rather have than Maroney Morris Taylor BJG combined.
As much as we could use Mankins I really believe he is done as a Patriot which is sad.

You are also wrong

Holy I hate these threads. Like no offense, but come on, what are the chances that we are going to make any specific trade somebody mentions? It's just ludicrous to even talk about.

RB is one of the last positions I would want to trade for right now. DE/OLB are the biggest needs on this team.

And maybe it's just me but I feel Dallas RB's are overrated aside from Jones who is a 1st round talent. You really think a couple of 4th rounders they took are significantly better than the backs we have right now? IMO They're a product of running behind a superior run blocking OL than what we have. You put them in our backfield and you likely get the same production you're getting from Maroney, Morris, and Taylor.

So, you haven't watched a single exhibition game, then?

I sure as heck hope we do something at runningback and edge rusher.
I don't see BB sitting on his hands doing nothing.
We have someone to trade whos of value to multiple teams what's wrong with trying to target a player that would be of a help?

after watching the Jints game, we gotta get a pass rush.This was brutal.

The offense should already be able to score at will. The problem is that the opposing offenses will be able to too.

I have watched every preseason game it's hard to believe we can be so adequate at pass blocking, but putrid at run blocking besides game 1 and some of game 2.
I just want to see us take advantage of maybe our last season with Moss and Brady together.
i'd love to see a back with some wiggle who can make a play without needing a hole.
A back that can make guys miss besides Faulk who I love as a player.
I see backups around the league who look good Dixon, Choice.
What goes into evaluating a runningback with taking account the o line and the scheme. For the record I don't hate Maroney he can be serviceable but no one game plans for him.
I'd love to have a back that teams fear as a threat and not blitz the crap out of Brady taking hit after hit.

As far as linebacker I'd love to see what we have in Cunningham, but I have to think a move is made for a edge rusher rather we pick up a developmental guy which is highly likely.
Or we take a shot on a trade, even getting a Quentin Groves or a Jason Hatcher would intrigue me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back