6.) Jaguars
7.) Browns
8.) Packers
9.) Steelers
10.) Vikings

THE GIANTS ARE NOT NUMBER ONE!

THE GIANTS ARE NOT NUMBER ONE!

sorry buddy, but yeah they are.

They won the Superbowl, they deserve to be number 1 starting this next season ...

I've always felt that the team who won the Superbowl the previous year deserves to be at the top of "power rankings'

I've also always felt that Power Rankings were absolutely worthless.

sorry buddy, but yeah they are.

They won the Superbowl, they deserve to be number 1 starting this next season ...

I've always felt that the team who won the Superbowl the previous year deserves to be at the top of "power rankings'

I've also always felt that Power Rankings were absolutely worthless.

I guess im the only one that hasnt gone crazy. Anyone else think its crazy that the giants are number one?

I guess im the only one that hasnt gone crazy. Anyone else think its crazy that the giants are number one?

no you aren't crazy. And there are always people who disagree with me. You will have no problem finding someone.

I'm guessing that 75% or more of this board wouldn't put the Giants at #1

Ah, yes. It's way past crazy.

no you aren't crazy. And there are always people who disagree with me. You will have no problem finding someone.

I'm guessing that 75% or more of this board wouldn't put the Giants at #1

Kinda hard to put them at no. 1 based on their stats - Forget the SB (and trust me I know how hard that is) and just look at the No.'s.

Kinda hard to put them at no. 1 based on their stats - Forget the SB (and trust me I know how hard that is) and just look at the No.'s.

all that matters is winning the Superbowl. They should be number 1.

The Colts had a lot of great numbers in several seasons. And we called those teams Losers.

The Colts had a lot of great numbers in several seasons. And we called those teams Losers.

Because they had the misfortune of playing us. :rocker:

I think you're quickly becoming my favorite Charger fan ever. My order:

1. Pats
2. Bolts
3. Cowboys
4. Colts

I only rank the Colts at number 4 because of Manning's inexplicable ability to become a horrible quarterback in the playoffs. Colts fans can argue that he was the MVP of the Super Bowl until they are blue in the face but the fact of the matter is that the Colts defense clicked at the right time, not Manning. Even this year against the Chargers, Manning was still dancing in the backfield like a ballerina (not sure if that's how you spell it but whatever). Plus Harrison is old and while Reggie Wayne may be very good, he's no Marvin Harrison in his prime. The Cowboys, meanwhile, have another year of Romo progressing under their belts and they've pretty much kept the same team together from last year. IMO, they're a shoe-in for the NFC side of the Super Bowl (and I hope the Pats get there and pound them so I can see Jerry Jones and T.O. crying together).

Well, it's easy to put the homer glasses on and say my team is the best, we should be ranked #1, blah, blah, blah. I try to take an objective look at past performance, current strengths & weaknesses, FA, draft, etc to come up with where I believe each team stands. Obviously, FA and Draft aren't completed yet, however, it's still pretty clear who the top teams should be.

With regards to the Cowboys, I was kind of thinking the same thing. They could probably be interchanged with the Colts at #3 or #4. Only reason I put them at #4 is that the Cowboys seem to be suffering the same curse that the Chargers had been suffering up until last year - playing great in the regular season and then choking the first game in the playoffs. Then again, Manning has a history of that as well, other than their one SB win. I think Romo will get that monkey off his back this year, and if he does, I don't see anyone in the NFC being able to stop them.

Yea, I agree about winning the Super Bowl, but that's not what the Power Ranking are about. It's saying the the Giants have the best team - CURRENTLY. That's not even close to being true. Strahan is not even signed yet.

I like how losing Samuel and apparently Gay (who was never really a contributor) make us the 4th best team in the nfl.

Asante Samuel is why we went 18-0.

i take your point, but it's more than that. none of us can know how the team is going to come out of the gate and perform this season after the mental and physical grind of getting to 18--0 and then losing the way they did in the sb.

if someone asked me, i'd say there are four or five elite teams in the NFL today and the pats are one of them, but i don't know where to put them on the list right now.

i take your point, but it's more than that. none of us can know how the team is going to come out of the gate and perform this season after the mental and physical grind of getting to 18--0 and then losing the way they did in the sb.

if someone asked me, i'd say there are four or five elite teams in the NFL today and the pats are one of them, but i don't know where to put them on the list right now.

I do, Number 1, they are in a league of their own and everyone knows it. How many other teams can lose the superbowl and still be heavy favorites to win the next one? The rest of the nfl knows whats up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back