PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about Steve Smith for our 3rd WR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It will never happen as he's all the Panthers have. They do not have a 1st round draft pick this year and who knows if Fox will be back if they go 5-11.
New coach may need to rebuild.
Anyway; Smith is not happy .............

From the Rock Hill Herald tonight.
Panthers WR Steve Smith caught one pass Sunday, and clearly wasn't happy about it.
He left with the 4-yard grab on the final drive (the only pass on that series), and has a meager 21 catches for 259 yards on the season.
“It’s bittersweet,” Smith said quietly as he headed for the shower. “We get the win, but I have a limited role. So, obviously, I see this game as showing I’m no longer an asset to this team.”
Smith shook off a follow-up question, letting his bombshell stand on its own merits.
“That’s all I got,” Smith said. “My name’s Steve Smith and I stand by that.”
It was his least productive day since Dec. 24, 2006, when he was shut out during the Wildcat game at Atlanta, when they only threw seven times.
He was asked after that game if he was surprised not to be more involved, and he simply said: “I don’t know, go ask the coordinator.” Then he headed for the bus, adding: “I’m going to enjoy Christmas.”

A WR who's an utter spaz.

Soooooo shocking.

hmm

i dont think its that much of a stretch....

trade FOR Steve Smith
and GIVE Galloway, and a 2nd or 3rd

we need a #3 wr....and Smith is beast, can play over the middle, and stretch the field

Funny I was thinking the same thing watching the panthers game today. It's a shame watching a brilliant player and fierce competitor like smith waste away with that stiff delhomme at qb. Not sure carolina would do it even for a one as he's the heart and soul of that franchise.

He's unhappy when his team wins. Should be a great addition to our benched veterans club. I bet he's just dying to be the third receiver someplace.

No Thanks

the Panthers suck, but they're still in the thick of the NFC playoff hunt. It's no time to trade away your best weapon.

They'll never trade him.

Moss and Smith are easily the 2 best WR in the league. Both on the same team? My god.

Moss and Smith are easily the 2 best WR in the league. Both on the same team? My god.

Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson are the 2 best WRs in the game. Moss is in the running for 3rd along with Reggie Wayne.

Guys. We don't need any more superstars at WR. Moss and Welker are more than enough. We just need a decent third man when Welker plays in the slot—even that doesn't look desperate right now.

Steve Smith is sick, but his ego can't take it with him being the no. 3 option.

How bout Santana Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye