PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

how about Reggie Wayne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
the colts may bag him (2011) is the last year of his conract.....

at 33, he's been pretty healthy, and I'd give him 2 years with a 3rd if he meets playing time goals in the 1st 2.......

I think brady would like throwing to him

Same thing is happening to him that happened to Moss. He's starting to struggle getting separation. Only reason he had a decent year is because I don't think Manning trusted any other offensive player on that team besides Wayne.

Same thing is happening to him that happened to Moss. He's starting to struggle getting separation. Only reason he had a decent year is because I don't think Manning trusted any other offensive player on that team besides Wayne.

Difference is that Wayne TRIES to get free from defenders from what I have seen....Moss takes plays off once he is pushed around and intimidated.

Difference is that Wayne TRIES to get free from defenders from what I have seen....Moss takes plays off once he is pushed around and intimidated.

That may be true, I like Wayne as a player but I don't think he has a whole lot left as a #1.

He'd instantly become our best WR. What's not to like about him?

It's a pipe dream at best, not only would he be an improvement to the receiver core, but the best part is how it would annoy the phuck out of every Colts' fan out there. :D

I'd love to see Wayne on the pats, 2nd 2nd rounder easily. I COULD be wrong here but, I don't think the colts would trade with the pats. And I think Wayne is too important to them.

I'd love to see Wayne on the pats, 2nd 2nd rounder easily. I COULD be wrong here but, I don't think the colts would trade with the pats. And I think Wayne is too important to them.

He may be cut

I'd say this is crazy and impossible, but once Peyton gouges them for every last dollar, who knows...

After Manning gets paid they'll be fielding a Korean youth team.

Hmmm...I see this ending well for the pats, please indulge:

Reggie Wayne is cut and finds a home in the NFC West where his career slowly ends

Dallas Clark and Austin Collie colide on a crossing route in practice sending both to the IR, irronically Clark has a concussion and Collie a severely sprained wrist

Peyton Manning is left with Tamme as his number one weapon. Peyton complains about ownership not giving him enough to work with. Peyton turns on Indy and holds a press conference....frustrated with his inability to win, he blames his team and announces he will be taking his talents to south beach...

The Dolphins promise him rings and show their commitment to a super bowl by shelling out cash for Drew Brees and Greg Jennings--the super team has been assembled. They win a lot of games against bad teams (while of course losing to the team from boston) but realize halfway through the season Manning and Brees actually play the same position and Jennings (who they thought was elite) turns out to just be pretty good. LT buys out his own contract from the Jets and signs with miami for the league minimum, but he is just too old to make an impact. Brees and Peyton split snaps and make the playoffs but promptly lose in the first round of the playoffs

Why are you guys making fun of Manning about money? I hope you guys realize Brady is currently the highest paid player in the league. Maybe if he and Vince didn't "gouge" the Patriots for every last dollar we could've worked something out with Seymour.

Am I the only one who sees the irony?

Last edited:
I was just messing around. Those guys earn every dime they are paid, and Manning too will soon be paid as much as he is worth. I was more making fun Lebron James while simultaneously making a point as to why the Colts will keep Reggie Wayne. Peyton was pissed all year that his receivers sucked...even though they may not want to, the Colts have to sign Reggie to at least make it look like they are trying to get Peyton people to throw to (lest they want him to move to miami)

Like a bosh.

Why are you guys making fun of Manning about money? I hope you guys realize Brady is currently the highest paid player in the league. Maybe if he and Vince didn't "gouge" the Patriots for every last dollar we could've worked something out with Seymour.

Yes, you are. It's okay to make fun of the Colts and Manning because it is fun. Brady and Vince deserved their contracts, Big Sey didn't. As much as liked him anchoring the defensive line, he got his big payday and became what appeared to be a disruption so BB traded him and got a #17 pick. I'll see how that pick turns out before I criticize the move.

Last edited:

Huh?

Brady is the best player in the league- that denotes the highest salary.

Brady did not already reject an offer higher than Manning and require a franchise tag.

Wilfork is about the best nose tackle and gets market rate.

Seymour just got $15 million- WAY OVERPAID.

For the trouble, we have the 17th pick in a draft deeper in Dline than can be imagined.

Indy is in an interesting dilemma because Manning/ Wayne/ Clark/ Saturday/ Freeney and Mathis are all going on the wrong side of 30.

Interesting to see if/ when they blow it up because the core players would demand serious compensation now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots