PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about Ralph Brown?

BPF

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
FA CB Browns.

I have always liked this kid, solid technician who could start in a pinch. Good nickel candidate. Seems like a good fit.

Ralph Brown CB
Height/Weight: 5-10 185, Age: 28
Experience: 7 years College: Nebraska
TACK 36.0 | FF 0 | INT 0

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 63
Comment:
Brown has marginal size to play on the outside lacking the height that would allow him to match up with the wide receivers in the league. He has very good foot quickness and he has good running ability. He is very smooth in his movement and his hips are nice and low in his backpedal. He can flip his hips and turn and run with very little wasted motion. And he shows that he has excellent anticipation. He shows the ability to jump routes and he does a great job of jamming receivers in press coverage. He has good upper body strength in spite of his size and he is very physical in taking on and getting rid of blockers. He has very good body control and change of direction skills and he is capable of running with any of the receivers in a restricted area. He gets a good break on the thrown ball and he is a sure tackler who wraps up with his arms on the ball carrier. He is rarely out of position and he takes good angles to the ball in pursuit. His lack of ideal height can be a problem on the outside in terms of matching up with the taller receivers and he could be a target on fade routes where he can be out jumped for the ball. He lacks elite speed to run with some receivers deep and he has difficulty making up for a mistake however he does an excellent job in man to man coverage in a restricted area and he shows good awareness in zone coverage.

He's on my list of best available FA CBs; and since everyone above him has injury issues, I would def. bring him to Foxborough for a workout.

FA CB Browns.

I have always liked this kid, solid technician who could start in a pinch. Good nickel candidate. Seems like a good fit.

Ralph Brown CB
Height/Weight: 5-10 185, Age: 28
Experience: 7 years College: Nebraska
TACK 36.0 | FF 0 | INT 0

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 63
Comment:
Brown has marginal size to play on the outside lacking the height that would allow him to match up with the wide receivers in the league. He has very good foot quickness and he has good running ability. He is very smooth in his movement and his hips are nice and low in his backpedal. He can flip his hips and turn and run with very little wasted motion. And he shows that he has excellent anticipation. He shows the ability to jump routes and he does a great job of jamming receivers in press coverage. He has good upper body strength in spite of his size and he is very physical in taking on and getting rid of blockers. He has very good body control and change of direction skills and he is capable of running with any of the receivers in a restricted area. He gets a good break on the thrown ball and he is a sure tackler who wraps up with his arms on the ball carrier. He is rarely out of position and he takes good angles to the ball in pursuit. His lack of ideal height can be a problem on the outside in terms of matching up with the taller receivers and he could be a target on fade routes where he can be out jumped for the ball. He lacks elite speed to run with some receivers deep and he has difficulty making up for a mistake however he does an excellent job in man to man coverage in a restricted area and he shows good awareness in zone coverage.

Good job on that kid. I's give him a TO. He still is reasonably young and his negatives seem to be size. Iv'e seen him play and he's not bad. Kind of agressive.
Cousins look at Assante's size. .....It's the same as Brown. Look ar Assante's speed? Not elite either.
DW Toys

Good job on that kid. I's give him a TO. He still is reasonably young and his negatives seem to be size. Iv'e seen him play and he's not bad. Kind of agressive.
Cousins look at Assante's size. .....It's the same as Brown. Look ar Assante's speed? Not elite either.
DW Toys
I hope the Pats look at many options...the more the better at this point...

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back