PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about making this trade ? Branch/Beisel to San Diego for Edwards/Vincent Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Chargers sorely lack a game breaking WR. Sure they have Antonio Gates at TE, but with Eric Parker and Keenan Mcardell at WR, they don't have gamebreakers. Also, they are looking to get rid of Donnie Edwards anyway. So we get the better LB but the lesser WR in Vincent Jackson, but they get the better WR in the deal, but the lesser LB. A fair trade, and one that would help both teams, and alleviate their problems as far as disgruntled players. I'm sure this wouldn't happen, but I think it would be a great trade for both teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting idea, I like Vincent Jackson he has a ton of potential plus amazing size for a WR. I certainly wouldn't complain about this trade.

THEARCHIVES said:
No! Branch for Jackson is very uneven

And Edwards for Beisel isn't uneven ? Hence the idea.

Where is your source? I don't see a point in making a new thread to propose a trade you made up out of the blue... Hell why don't we all make threads! Urlacher for Branch maybe?

Re: How about making this trade ? Branch/Beisel to San Diego for Edwards/Vincent Jack

If the rumors are true, and the Chargers are looking for a 3rd for Edwards, I'd rather give up a third, and trade Branch for a number 1. Vincent Jackson is an atypical pats reciever, and it's unclear how he would pick up the system this late

Re: How about making this trade ? Branch/Beisel to San Diego for Edwards/Vincent Jack

Interesting thought, but is there time to consider player trades? The Pats want finality for September 2 roster moves. I see the transaction, if there is one, as a straight player-for-draft-pick proposition.

Believe it or not, I don't think the Chargers would trade Jackson for Branch straight up. They view Jackson as having a huge upside, while Branch is diminuative and injury prone. They already have Erik Parker. I'd prefer to have Branch, but in this case its in the eye of the beholder.

And another point: Biesel would not make their roster, so why trade for a player who won't make their roster. Marty said that if Edwards isn't traded, he's their starting LB. Why trade that for a player who cannot possibly make the roster?

Last edited by a moderator:

Let's trade for Vincent and Darrell Jackson. Then we can have 3 Jackson's for WR's. That would be neat-o

Not a good trade at all.

Here is an off the wall trade idea.

Mike Williams and third rounder for Deion, then take our other third rounder and trade it for Donnie Edwards.

Now that would be sweet. Never gonna happen, but sweet.

Last edited:

Mike Williams is a turd.

Alright, how about Reggie Brown from the Eagles and thier 3 round pick, which is then sent to San Deigo for Donnie Edwards.

14thDragon said:
Alright, how about Reggie Brown from the Eagles and thier 3 round pick, which is then sent to San Deigo for Donnie Edwards.

Reggie Brown is pretty darn good. Don't know if the Eagles would do that trade. It's also funny that the Charger fan said he wouldn't trade Jackson straight up for Branch because Branch is injury prone. Ummm....how many games did Vincent Jackson play last year ? Has he played a lot in the preseason ?

Ah, what the hell since we're throwing out names, how about Matt Jones and a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes