PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about Cassel to the Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
So I know they have Matt Leinart and that would probably cause weirdness, but hear me out:

If they were to use two #1's to sign Cassel, they only lose a practical #2 this year and put Cassel in an almost identical receiver situation as he had here, practically guaranteeing his success.

The Pat's get a low #1 this year and probably a mid #1 next year.

In my mind we get better value for the #31 pick than the #3, especially if we can't unload it. If we want to move up we can package a #3 and that #1, as well.

This "article" from PFT got me pondering this. Since getting picks is draft related and this forum isn't as full of knee-jerkers as the main forum, I though I'd toss this at a wall and see if it sticks. I like the idea of two firsts, even low ones.

ProFootballTalk.com - WARNER CONFIRMS THAT IT’S CARDINALS OR NO ONE IN 2009

So I know they have Matt Leinart and that would probably cause weirdness, but hear me out:

If they were to use two #1's to sign Cassel, they only lose a practical #2 this year and put Cassel in an almost identical receiver situation as he had here, practically guaranteeing his success.

The Pat's get a low #1 this year and probably a mid #1 next year.

In my mind we get better value for the #31 pick than the #3, especially if we can't unload it. If we want to move up we can package a #3 and that #1, as well.

This "article" from PFT got me pondering this. Since getting picks is draft related and this forum isn't as full of knee-jerkers as the main forum, I though I'd toss this at a wall and see if it sticks. I like the idea of two firsts, even low ones.

ProFootballTalk.com - WARNER CONFIRMS THAT IT’S CARDINALS OR NO ONE IN 2009

They've got a guy named Warner who's pretty good, but even if he retires, are the Cardinals prepared to tie up three #1s in their quarterback position?

They've got a guy named Warner who's pretty good, but even if he retires, are the Cardinals prepared to tie up three #1s in their quarterback position?

That's obviously dependent on if he retires, because he'd be cheaper to sign if he doesn't. But Leinhart might just get traded away instead. I'm not saying it's the obvious thing to do, but I wonder if it's crossed their minds.

How sick would a Brady/Cassel SB be?

i highly doubt the cardinals are ready to give up on Leinart. I think the odds of the Carindals becoming a possible suitor are slim and none. dont expect them to be in the mix

i highly doubt the cardinals are ready to give up on Leinart. I think the odds of the Carindals becoming a possible suitor are slim and none. dont expect them to be in the mix

What he said.

They still have a few more years to give Leinhart a chance imo. I mean, Alex Smith had 4 years to get a chance, Leinhart's only played in 2.

I think the Cards will low ball Warner (given his performance last year) knowing they have a fallback plan with Leinhart

Cassel for Boldin!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing