PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about a Pioli/McDaniels/Casel package deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Watching that Lions game yesterday, I started wondering if they would make a big play for some Patriot style management to snap the team out of its half-century funk. Imagine if they, or another team in need of a wholesale overhaul, went for the trifecta of Pioli as GM, McDaniels as coach and Cassel at QB. Wouldn't that be interesting to watch, almost like a sister team.

They aren't going anywhere. Cassel is the most likely but I can see McD staying here for at least one more season and I think Pioli is a lock to stay. He's had multiple high paying opportunities to leave and he has not. Besides, one would think his first stop would be Miami considering his relationship with the Tuna.

Watching that Lions game yesterday, I started wondering if they would make a big play for some Patriot style management to snap the team out of its half-century funk. Imagine if they, or another team in need of a wholesale overhaul, went for the trifecta of Pioli as GM, McDaniels as coach and Cassel at QB. Wouldn't that be interesting to watch, almost like a sister team.

Not interesting at all. That would be awful.

it would be kinda interesting......as long as it was an nfc team

ok, i usually dont mind to listening to such scenarios...but cmon ppl, get real....

this is getting ridiculous

Why not trade Belichick too.

First, McDaniels can go and be a head coach whereever he wants without a trade. If the Pats could block a coordinator from going to a team to be a head coach on their own, don't you think that the Pats would have blocked Mangini to the Jets?

Second, Pioli may not have main decision maker in his contract (athough reports says he does). That would mean Pioli could go anywhere he wanted too. Besides, why would the Pats want to trade away Pioli in the first place. He is almost as important as Belichick to the success of the Pats.

I don't even know why I entertained a response to this thread, but the whole idea defies all logic.

Stinkypete, did you find a discarded prescription pad somewhere? ;)

Hehehe. I wasn't saying that I want it to happen, of that I think it will, but if I were running a team with a history of absolutely miserable management, I'd consider offering a pile of money to the three and try to build a Patriots type system.

Look at the Dolphins, they brought in a boatload of Parcells guys, players, coaches, etc., and built a near contender in one year. I don't think Pioli will go, but McDaniels may get his shot this offseason, if he chooses. If I were in charge of the Lions or the Rams or one of those teams, I would try that strategy.

Well romeo crennel took some players from the patriots when he went to the browns, so if the lions make a push for Cassel and get him, it would be logical to go after Mcdaniels, also.

I think its a good idea for the lions to grab Mcdaniels and Cassel, and use the draft to grab more WR, and trade their current WR with value to the patriots. The lions are the worst at stopping the run so I dont think they have much to offer on defense.

Isn't this what you said about Mangini?

Not sure if this was a joke but I don't even think I was posting here while Mangini was with the Pats. :banned:

Bad title for a thread. Really bad. The content is bad too.

A better solution for the Lions would be to fold the franchise.

that would suck for us. i dont know if people want this to happen for picks or something, but i certainly dont.

Matt Cassel has played O.K. but now he is going to turn around that Detroit franchise?

Brady,Manning,Marino,Montana and Unitas at QB couldn't change that team around,Even in their glory years let along Cassel

I always thought Pioli to Detriot was a media created pipe dream. Why would Pioli go to Detriot after turning down far better offers including the Giants which is the team he grew up on? Detriot has ownership issues since the owner is too apathetic to what is going on and could potentially have financial issues in the future of Ford declares bankrupcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back