How about a #1 receiver for Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Someone good.

Proven good.

Not "maybe one day someday Chad Jacksonish perhaps if we're lucky" good.

Not "brady will make him look good" good.

Someone who is a #1 starting WR today.

How about that for a plan?

Brady deserves it.

Someone good.

Proven good.

Not "maybe one day someday Chad Jacksonish perhaps if we're lucky" good.

Not "brady will make him look good" good.

Someone who is a #1 starting WR today.

How about that for a plan?

Brady deserves it.

Jesus...I thought you were talking about a trade.

Jesus...I thought you were talking about a trade.

that cracked me up..thanks for the laugh:D

but I agree...get the man a good receiver, what he did with this bunch was amazing, he could have complained about it, but not our Tom....and yes..I will take Tom Brady over the rest of the QBs in the league.

Snarf, I feel ya. I think the frustration on this point comes from a model of assigning value and paying to that value, and otherwise not ponying up. Basically, the Pats' receivers are bargains, because as you put it, Brady "makes them good." (Either that, or they're just phenomenal finds, if you look at bang for the buck.)

That's the model we're working with. So the "how about..." depends on the leaguewide valuation of the Wide Receiver position coming into line with the Pats' valuation of that position. It is always possible the gap may narrow, if the finger points toward the WR position among the Pats personnel types.

But I don't think that's the case... we used a #2 pick on a WR this year, and we picked up Caldwell and Gaffney super-cheap. They're worth working with. By the way, Caldwell can also burn upfield; I believe he is sub 4.4., for what it is worth. I mention this because I read something disparaging about NE receiving speed the other day, and it looked pretty clear the guy was just piling on.

Anyhoo, there is that issue of dropping the ball, something you might not have had Derrick Mason wanted to play for the Pats. But he didn't. And Javon Walker got a better offer. And so on.

It's not that the Pats won't do it, it's that they won't do it at the wrong price.

So far we have you, the guys who want to spend the money on Asante, one or two forward looking people who are concerned about Wilfork and Watson, and the Grahambo contingent vying for the salary cap dollars.

"Proven" talent is on the pricey side. That's why we tend to turn players into "commodities" right in New England, and let somebody else pay the big check later. Usually the Redskins LOL...

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots