PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about #7 pick to Ravens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaedalusX

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
If Ryan falls to Baltimore at No. 8, it would be as perfect a fit as Ben Roethlisberger's falling to the Steelers at No. 11 in 2004.

Of course, if Ryan slips past the fifth pick, don't be surprised if the Carolina Panthers -- drafting 13th -- make a phone call to the Patriots to inquire about trading up to the No. 7 pick in hopes of getting the heir to Jake Delhomme's starting job.

And despite the Bears' signing of Grossman, it wouldn't be the worst thing if they tried to trade up from No. 14 to get the consensus top quarterback in the draft.

The Ravens, Panthers and Bears would be better fits for Ryan than the Dolphins and Falcons. They have better rosters. They have the running game. And they have the patience to not rush Ryan until he's ready.

We've got a bit more cap space now after all of the cuts that have been made. Baltimore needs a QB and Matt Ryan falls right in the Patriots #7 range. I know I've brought this up before, but I think this would be a great swap for the Patriots if we could get Chris McAlister and if the draft falls as predicted.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Baltimore has no incentive to move up one spot unless the Pats can convince them that Carolina or (less likely) Chicago is about to move up.

And isn't McCallister making a boatload of money?

Last edited:
Baltimore has no incentive to move up one spot unless the Pats can convince them that Carolina or (less likely) Chicago is about to move up.

Co-sign. We're not a threat to take Ryan, so unless we can bluff that someone else is willing to trade, they'll stay put. Never been in a draft war room, so not really sure how this scenario would play out.

The Pats moved up one spot to take Ty Warren but I think they were afraid of someone else moving up over them to get him.

If we trade with Carolina, where do we go pick wise. Do we hope to get Mike Jenkins or does the Colvin cut lean us towards a linebacker such as Lofton

If Ryan falls to Baltimore at No. 8, it would be as perfect a fit as Ben Roethlisberger's falling to the Steelers at No. 11 in 2004.

We've got a bit more cap space now after all of the cuts that have been made. Baltimore needs a QB and Matt Ryan falls right in the Patriots #7 range. I know I've brought this up before, but I think this would be a great swap for the Patriots if we could get Chris McAlister and if the draft falls as predicted.

Thoughts?

Seems like you found a logic swing point....If Ryan falls we could luck out and find a trading partner. Save some money, possible get the same guy and a few extra picks. This would be Ideal so lets hope Ryan falls.

Last edited:
If we trade with baltimore, we'd likely get a 4th and a 7th in return.

I'd expect a lot more than that. Dropping 7 spots from the top of the draft to the middle is worth a LOT more than a 4th.

There are about 8 studs in this draft, and then a bunch of really good players.

I'd rather by between 5-8 and then 20 and above.

Ryan, McFadden, Gholston, etc. early.

The CBs and LBs can be gotten in the 20s.

Dallas is really stupid to even think of trading those picks. They are already set up in the sweet spot where they won't be overpaying for guys that could be 1st round tweeners.

Chris McAlister?

No thanks.

According to the draft value chart pick #7--1500 points while pick #13 is 1150.
The difference of 350 points is the 55th pick in the draft or a low second rounder......or maybe their first next year ( hey they've done it before with the Pats...)

I'd expect a lot more than that. Dropping 7 spots from the top of the draft to the middle is worth a LOT more than a 4th.

There are about 8 studs in this draft, and then a bunch of really good players.

I'd rather by between 5-8 and then 20 and above.

Ryan, McFadden, Gholston, etc. early.

The CBs and LBs can be gotten in the 20s.

Dallas is really stupid to even think of trading those picks. They are already set up in the sweet spot where they won't be overpaying for guys that could be 1st round tweeners.

:confused:

Baltimore at #8--dropping down ONE spot--would require something like a 4 and a 7 (big whoop).

Swapping picks with Carolina at #13 or Chicago at #14 would probably cost them their 2008 2.

Last edited:
it actually doesnt matter what the Ravens want or can give for our pick if Chi or Car give us their 2nd plus their 1st the Ravens have to step up. that why the Patriots wont even talk to Bal they will let Bal come to them by actively talking to Car, Chi, SF,...

it actually doesnt matter what the Ravens want or can give for our pick if Chi or Car give us their 2nd plus their 1st the Ravens have to step up. that why the Patriots wont even talk to Bal they will let Bal come to them by actively talking to Car, Chi, SF,...

That does seem like the more likely scenario to me... someone jumping ahead of Baltimore.

This is what makes the SpyGate punishment hurt is that BB/SP could just trade the #7 pick this year for a 1st and 2nd rounder next year knowing that we still have #31 this year. But I would think that the Pats would not want to go this year without having a pick in the top 60.

only in Baltimore will a heisman trophy winner be regarded as inadequate to be a starter, i kinda feel sorry for troy smith, he has the talent, but he's too short,BULLSH!T, he could become the QB version of Maurice Jones Drew

Last edited:
If we do a deal with Caronlina I'd like to get Ken Lucas in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes