PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How a professional celebrates a touchdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody has the picture? It was like Man and a 10 year old. Donald Thomas is a beast of a man.

The handshake is the best, well played law-firm....well played.

Thanking the guy who threw a key block is superb. Thomas may not be on the Team for long, but he will treasure that handshake for the rest of his life.

Always Make it look like you've been there before.

BJGE is definitely a class act
.........unlike his former teammate Maroney who was an ass crack

No Fun League

I wish our players would shoot themselves in the thigh. That was one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile.

Nice one by Law firm!!

The one I'll always remember is a non-celebration. It was the go-ahead touchdown by Brady against the Giants in 2007. It was also his 50th touchdown. He didn't even celebrate and was yelling at all the guys that we were going for the 2 point conversion.. When Peyton broke Marino's 48 TDs, the game was stopped for like 15 minutes..

Last edited:
I like the "Make it rain" celebration.

tumblr_lt6mpgbPna1qgldly.gif

No Fun League

I wish our players would shoot themselves in the thigh. That was one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile.

You were laughing at something that gave the Jets a big break and eventually the win.

You were laughing at something that gave the Jets a big break and eventually the win.

I think the flubbed kickoff and the flimsy defense had a hand in that too, media hype/outrage notwithstanding.

The handshake. Powerful. I like that one.

After going through and "liking" almost every other comment, I though I'd add one of my own.

One of my all time favorites was Welker's snow angel. Still can't believe that got penalized. They should have been like "Wes, that was such a cool celebration, we're awarding you 5 yards on your next possession."

I also liked Randy Moss's opening-the-shower-doors-and-stepping-out celebration - or whatever that was.

I like the enthusiastic spikes, but in the back of my mind I'm worried that Brady will throw his arm out or Gronk will throw his back out.

(On a related note, I was in a sleepy/foggy-headed state of mind when I imagined the following scenario: Brady seriously injures his right arm and everybody assumes that his career is over. As reporters swarm around him, they notice he's smiling. "Why are you smiling?" they ask. "Because I know something that you do not know" he responds. "What is that?" they ask. "I am not right handed!" Then proceeds to destroy all of his previous records left-handedly.)

I think the flubbed kickoff and the flimsy defense had a hand in that too, media hype/outrage notwithstanding.

Would it still have been a flubbed kickoff if it had been on the 35 yard line instead of the 20? I don't think so. If you look at the highlights you'll see the flub comes because the kicker tried too hard.

Would it still have been a flubbed kickoff if it had been on the 35 yard line instead of the 20? I don't think so. If you look at the highlights you'll see the flub comes because the kicker tried too hard.

It's a stupid rule. You shouldn't get penalized in-game for taunting/celebrating/etc (so long as it isn't actual fighting!). Could you imagine a Homerun getting waved off or someone lose an at-bat because they took too long watching their Homer soar over the fence? It's ******ed. Those things are supposed to get corrected by the PLAYERS, not officials. If the league has a problem with more aggressive offenses, fine them and/or kick them out of the game (or perhaps force to sit out a possession or something) if it's actually physical.

It's entertainment for crying out loud.

BJGE has the work ethic and the respect for the game I like to see.

Now, he just needs a haircut. :cool:
I think his haircut is just fine. I distinctly remember Belichick answering a question about 5 years ago in an interview about the connection between hair length and self-discipline. His response was that there was no relationship. He offered that some of the laziest, most unmotivated and least-disciplined players he ever coached were clean-cut in appearance and that the opposite was true, as well. His message was that any attempt to come to an accurate conclusion about a player's commitment, attitude and self-discipline based upon his appearance was a fool's errand. I don't think you're making that connection, either, just to be clear. But, I heard people around me recently claiming that Brady's played better since he cut his hair. Sure, he really sucked last year being the first unanimous MVP in NFL history.

It's a stupid rule. You shouldn't get penalized in-game for taunting/celebrating/etc (so long as it isn't actual fighting!). Could you imagine a Homerun getting waved off or someone lose an at-bat because they took too long watching their Homer soar over the fence? It's ******ed. Those things are supposed to get corrected by the PLAYERS, not officials. If the league has a problem with more aggressive offenses, fine them and/or kick them out of the game (or perhaps force to sit out a possession or something) if it's actually physical.

It's entertainment for crying out loud.

What he actually got penalized for was not celebrating but initiating a gesture that imitated a gun, e.g., "pulling out an imaginary gun." The league has been adamant about such gestures and reminds everyone on a yearly basis.

Pure conjecture. Four things happened which helped the Jest to score the late touchdown:

1. Penalty to start the kickoff at the 20
2. Flubbed kick - Had he kicked it properly, could the Jest have done it so easily?
3. Poor defense - Had the Bills put up some kind of resistance, could the Jest have done it?
4. Execution of the offense - If Sanchez Sanchezed a ball into the ground or into hands of a cornerback, could the Jest have done it?

Three pretty important football parts of the game had to occur between the celebration and the TD for it to happen. That's a pretty wide degree of separation. It seems of all of those things listed above, that the penalty had the least to do with what happened, but we've all found the scapegoat and fixed the blame.

Brother Green gets well deserved Style Points for the simplicity and respect of shaking Brother Thomas's hand, but to imply, by exclusion, that any other celebration rends the celebrator less than a professional is a Fail.

But I applaud you for pointing it out, sir. :cool:

different strokes for different folks. Don't mind Gronkowski's huge spike or Hernandez making it rain. Having fun and showing emotion is important too, hell even TFB has had some huge spikes.

Hernandez is not 'making it rain' he's actually simulating throwing money into the crowd

he gets on 1 knee and dial the safe
pulls the safe door open
pulls out the cash while standing up
and then throws it into the crowd

on one TD he actually did the same thing but instead the $ was buried and he did the shovel motion to dig it up and then threw it into the crowd.

I also liked Randy Moss's opening-the-shower-doors-and-stepping-out celebration - or whatever that was.

Lol...stepping out of shower?? I loved that too.

He did that when he beat double coverage deep. Split the defensive backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes