Welcome to PatsFans.com

How A President Gingrich Would Balance The Budget

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jan 28, 2012.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

How A President Gingrich Would Balance The Budget - Forbes

Much more detail at the article, the only sensible thing I have seen this year no wonder the Washington poohbah's from both parties fear him.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

I like what he says but he's got all that sex baggage the Democrat Media will crucify him on it even though their own party is loaded with it.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +421 / 12 / -26

Gingrich is wonderful, a great man with great values.. and a f..ing liar.

4. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -1

So, you don't think a "liar" should be President? Tell us all who you will be voting for please :)

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

When he proposed the Contract with America he brought every item to a vote in the House as he promised to.

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +569 / 6 / -2

Gingrich is a POS. I can't see the American public voting him into office.

7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Do you have an opinion on the article and the proposals?

8. Hamar

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -1

I have seen a few of the left on here put a lot of weight on CBO scores for economic plans. Now, we have a plan that seems to be great from a CBO standpoint and all of a sudden it does not matter.

I for one do not care if Clinton gets a BJ in the Oval Office. And, I don't care if a politician is gay or whatever... If they can make America better should be what matters. History shows that most great leaders have ego problems that manifest themselves in sexual or other ways.

And no I am not saying Newt would be a great leader, but I don't care about his personal family values anymore than people that are pro-Obama care about his hypocritical stance on transparency in government.

Please, they all lie, and you all know that they lie.

9. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Meh.... so, we've devolved to the point that we're now looking for the candidate who lies least? That's certainly not Newt or Mitt.

Ah well.... Wake me when a scientist actually runs for the WH

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  10. Hamar

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -1

Scientist? Scientist are people, people lie. Even me, even... you, oh no!

And, a candidate that lies the least would not be Obama either.

11. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 7 / -7

This is not the CBO saying everything will be sunshine and lollypops. These are scores by a couple of random economists -- don't remember whether the article said they were the author's choice or Gingritch's, but I believe the latter.

12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +421 / 12 / -26

My candidate lied less than your candidate lied is an incredibly stupid defense.

How can you even begin to trust a man who when engaging in the most intimate relationship that a person can have, violates that relationship three times???

In the 90's he had a hard on for Clinton, and played the holier than thou card all the while he was shacking up with Calista... and piling up ethics violations in Congress and had to resign in disgrace.

When you cheat on your wives at least 10-15 times in your life you need to be a consistent liar... he cannot be trusted.

Release the 1,000 page ethics report on you Gingrich, so the American People can vette you.. we have a right to know.

Sarah is defending her home boy, protecting him from the Stalin-esque attacks of the Republican Machine.

13. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +273 / 3 / -3

There was nothing sensible from your man, Cain? I thought you were a big proponent of his 9-9-9-9 plan?

Wait, I thought the Washington poobahs fear Paul...

...but anyway, keep trying to kep up the facade of Gingrich as "outsider" :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +571 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

Yes, indeed, there are many more details at the article.

Like it's an op/ed piece, which means, as we've discussed before, that it's someone's opinion, not to be confused with everyone else's fact.

Like the op/ed is written by one of Gingrich's top economic advisors who had a big hand in writing the very same "President Gingrich's" economic plan - the one he's touting now. Big surprise there that he'd be in favor of it, right?

Like the "fiscal associates," headed by Gary Robbins, hired to "check" the plan were hired by Gingrich and was not an independent study. (BTW most independent studies disagree with the conclusions laid out in this opinion piece.)

Like the same "fiscal associates" were hired by Herman Cain to evaluate 9-9-9 and found nothing wrong with it, either.

Like the end of the op/ed is a paragraph, written by the author, urging readers to "buy my book."

Also included in the op/ed, although dressed up to look somewhat differently, is the fact that "President Gingrich's" plan will eliminate a host of social welfare programs that most people don't want eliminated. Important things. Things like Social Security and Medicare.

But, whatever, go buy his book. Increase the author's personal wealth.

He's counting on you doing so.

That's how "Author Economics" works.

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

Change we can believe in:
    Yes we can:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

16. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 7 / -7

We get it you hate the president. Okay.

Do you have anything to say about the substance of this post, which is about whether or not Newt's economic "plans," and I use that term loosely, would result in a desirable outcome, as his paid flacks (predictably) assert?

If so feel free to chime in on THIS THREAD... if not, go make a thread about how much you hate Obama, particularly the slogans you quote.

Of course, since the Mods here are very, very concerned that only THEY can enforce the hijacking provisions, this isn't any kind of demand. It's more of a request: add substance or go away, please.

PFnV

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +716 / 2 / -9

It has nothing to do with Obama it has to do with politicians lying

18. Hamar

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -1

That's great except for the fact that I did not say that.

How can anyone trust a man that said that transparency in government would be a one of his (many) main goals and then totally goes in the opposite direction? And, while a persons infidelity is wrong it does not affect the country as much as something like transparency.

So you admit that you did not and do not trust President Clinton and that you think he should not have been President? And, by that extension then you must question Hillary as well, yes? I mean she is just as guilty since she knew what a distru(Please be quiet - edited)l person Bill was an yet she stayed with him in an attempt to further her own political ambitions.

I agree, but what politician that gets to a point where they can run for President do you think is trustworthy? Obama? Clinton? Maybe President Kennedy? And, do you think that none of them should have been President?

Once again I agree, but I also think we have a right to the current President's past records. He can see mine... Why can't I see his? And, I am not talking BC or SSC here.

Sarah who? Do you mean Palin? And if so, who cares about what she does or says? She is like a John Stewart, or Rush Limbaugh, using politics as entertainment to make money.

19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +571 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

A dude who can cheat on two wives over a period of years and not get caught is not going be very good at practicing transparency. In fact, he will be quite skillful at being the direct opposite.

I'll go along with that, no problem.

20. Hamar

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -1

Interesting. I have worked with people that lied to their wives and cheated on them often and yet they had an incredible work ethic.