PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Houston Texans LB Brian Cushing Tears ACL - Out For The Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
cushing-cheap-shotted-10-8-12.gif

dirty ******. Hope someone does the same to him...see how he likes it

Looks a bit like the Bobby Wade hit on Rodney Harrison.

Schaub,Tate,Foster,Watt,Joseph and about 20 other talented guys on that team will not let their SB hopes derail,despite a high character team guy gone.

They will continue to be a load to beat all year.

You had me until "high character." I thought we were talking about Brian Cushing? :confused:

That said, I never like to see a cheap shot end a player's season. The angle Brady_to_Moss posted shows Clauson carefully lowering his helmet to knee level before launching. Horrible.

You had me until "high character." I thought we were talking about Brian Cushing? :confused:

That said, I never like to see a cheap shot end a player's season. The angle Brady_to_Moss posted shows Clauson carefully lowering his helmet to knee level before launching. Horrible.

my feelings about it exactly.

Do not want to wish injury on him. But Cushing isn't exactly Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.

Last edited:

What I mean by high character is that he is 'a leader on the team' among players and coaches.....which he is

Cushing is to the Texans what Mayo is to the Pats

While I agree the Texans defense still has more than enough talent to win their division going away, this could have a negative domino effect in earning a bye and once they get to the playoffs.

I think it was Gruden that pointed out that the Texans really play a 5-2 defense..with Cushing being the key part of that "2". Reed, Barwin and Mercilus are all DEs that occasionally drop back in coverage. LBs Bradie James is on the decline and Dobbins is limited and there is nothing behind them. Cushing was important for both cleaning up any runs that cleared the DL and for coverage between the hashes. This makes them paper-thin in the middle of the field...which is not comforting against the teams in the conference they are really competing against (Pats, Ravens, Steelers, Broncos, Chargers).

They have 5 big games in the next 2 months (Packers, Ravens, Bears, Lions, Pats) with the last 3 on the road. I expect them to struggle over this period with 3-4 losses not being out of the question. The key for the Texans is just to gut it out and survive without additional injuries. If they can stay relatively healthy compared to the other teams in the playoffs, they still have a good chance to go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes