PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Houston Texans LB Brian Cushing Tears ACL - Out For The Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Cushing injures left knee in Houston Texans' win - YouTube!

There is the video for anyone who hasn't seen it. That's worthy of a suspension IMO. He realized he missed the block on Cushing, saw that Cushing had his back to him, and dove straight with his helmet at the back of the knee. That's not a play where a D-lineman engages with an O-lineman a split second before someone makes a cut block on the defensive player. Or even one where an O-lineman makes a cut block and the D-lineman turns late and takes an awkward hit to the side of his knee.

Watching that replay and seeing Slauson lower his head directly at Cushing's knee really bothers me. I think what bothers me the most is that it is clearly premeditated. Things happen on the offensive line in the trenches, but an open field chop block when you have time to size up a player is just flat out dirty.

Brian Cushing injures left knee in Houston Texans' win - YouTube!

There is the video for anyone who hasn't seen it. That's worthy of a suspension IMO. He realized he missed the block on Cushing, saw that Cushing had his back to him, and dove straight with his helmet at the back of the knee. That's not a play where a D-lineman engages with an O-lineman a split second before someone makes a cut block on the defensive player. Or even one where an O-lineman makes a cut block and the D-lineman turns late and takes an awkward hit to the side of his knee.

Watching that replay and seeing Slauson lower his head directly at Cushing's knee really bothers me. I think what bothers me the most is that it is clearly premeditated. Things happen on the offensive line in the trenches, but an open field chop block when you have time to size up a player is just flat out dirty.

That is a very dirty play. He hit Cushing from behind, and the fact is that Cushing wasn't even really in the area of the play where the ballcarrier was tackled. No other way to call it but a dirty hit at a defenseless player who wasn't even in the play.

That is a very dirty play. He hit Cushing from behind, and the fact is that Cushing wasn't even really in the area of the play where the ballcarrier was tackled. No other way to call it but a dirty hit at a defenseless player who wasn't even in the play.

I think Richie Incognito does that twice a game

Foster will get injured this year. No doubt. He always does. The guy isn't strong or weigh enough to last a full year.

At least not when he's carrying the ball 30 times per game like he has been through 5 weeks now.

Sucks... But good for us!

Injuries are apart of the game. Hernandez this year. Carter last year. Welker the year before.

I'm more pissed that Cedric Benson is out, cause the packers play Houston Next. We need the packers to win that game.

Even if he was healthy, Benson wouldn't have made a difference. He hasn't been good for about 2 years now.

There are few bad apples in the NFL and they need to be rehabilitated or removed.

Dirty, cowardly, outrageous ...

Bryan Cox to Gary Kubiak: "Ain't karma a b----?"

Bryan Cox to Gary Kubiak: "Ain't karma a b----?"

This is exactly how I feel as well. Don't want to wish injury on any team, and especially don't want to wish injury on any player. But can't see I feel bad for Kubiak himself. He's been leading offenses that are built around hitting D-lineman below the knees for years. Most of them are legal, but the fact that its legal doesn't make it right when you know the risk it creates for defensive players.

The fans in Houston have been good going back to the Oiler days.

Sorry to see an elite player like Cushing being lost for the season.

All non-life threatening/non-life altering injuries to the competition are celebrated in the letekro household.

Dobbins is a serviceable enough backup though and Watt is, as noted above, ridiculous.

Although the hit was clearly dirty, I'm not sure why the NFL hasn't cracked down on chop blocks in general. The NFL clearly notices that players get in defenseless positions all the time (QB, punter, kicker, WR), so why not D-lineman/LBers?

Part of me is just scared about this going into the Houston game in a couple weeks, because that's what the Houston offensive lives off of: blocks below knees by lineman.

They still have the NFL MVP on their defense, they'll be fine.

Tendons tend to tear easily when one is a roidhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back