PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Houshmandzadeh says Pats didnt deserve to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
"They knew they couldn't stop us, but you need the team as a whole to succeed," receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said. "There aren't any [defensive backs] on that team that can cover us. That's why they played the coverages they did. They did a good job of mixing it up."
Off of ESPN...

Palmer wasnt much better:

"It's tough to say after a loss like this, but hopefully well be able to look back in a month or two and say we needed this," Palmer said. "I don't know if we were too ****y or too confident, but I know this is a team that we should've beat. Hopefully, well get another shot at them. I know if we play our best football, we can beat them."

If They Plan To Play Us Again It Will Be In Foxboro!!!!!

sounds like a bunch of sore losers to me

You would think they would talk less when they just lost by double digits at home, but I guess thats just me.. same ole Bengals.

Sounds like they need some
kleenex.jpg

SeanBruschi54 said:
"They knew they couldn't stop us, but you need the team as a whole to succeed," receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said. "There aren't any [defensive backs] on that team that can cover us. That's why they played the coverages they did. They did a good job of mixing it up."

To me, this quote and Palmer's quote is very telling. Maybe I am wrong but it says to me this is a team built on a mental house of cards. You likely don't beat any team unless you make the plays. Many may think it is lip service and maybe some of it is, but when BB gets out there and starts saying we have a tough task on our hands this week and <fill in team's name> play tough and hard? To me this is an attitude that he preaches to the players. Every game is a test of your determination. Every season is a new season regardless of what you did last year. Every game is a new week regardless of what you did last week. Every loss is because they were the better team that day. Every game is approached like it is a dogfight to win. Maybe I am wrong on this too but I think most Patriot players don't go into a game thinking we should win cause we are better. I think they approach it as I need to play my hardest for 60 minutes for us to win. Again, maybe I am wrong.

I cringed when I read that Palmer statement, did Bengals all of a sudden win 3 superbowls? You'll never hear such a loser statement from Tom.

or this...

pacifier.jpg

Attachments

• pacifier.jpg
    pacifier.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 779
The Bengals and their fans are unbelievable. They talk way too muck for so few accomplishments. Sore losers...

The Bengals as a whole seem to have the mental makeup of children. Between random players having trouble with the law, their QB and receivers crying after losses (note they did this against Pitt last year as well), etc they do not seem like they have what it takes to be an elite team.

I lost a little respect for Palmer after reading that statement. He should read what Brady says after losses and follow that script. I guess he decided to go with the Kordell Stewart script. Palmer, grow up (oh, and good luck getting Jarvis Green out of your nightmares...)

I could not believe the comments from Palmer. I dont follow the bengals too much but do enjoy watching them and palmer. He has always seemed like a classy/smart guy. but to say that kind of $#it whether he thinks it or not after getting his ***** kicked at home is just stupid.
whatever.... they will be the bungles until proven otherwise

I was more shocked that Palmer said what he did over TJ.

It's about the "W", guys. This is delusional. Nobody on the Pats were walking around, puffing themselves up, saying they shoulda woulda coulda beat Denver.... after losing by 10. If anything they were taking national bull from the media about Brady's body language, etc.

Looks like the Pats understood they got beat, went back, and used it as fuel... what fuel do you get out of it when you don't believe you should have lost? You DID lose. There's no should.

Last comment... You guys remember Carson and Chad going out and seeing Manning throw to Harrison, to learn to be "like them"? Combine that with the idea that the Pats couldn't cover them in man on man D, or something (bizarre comment...) and you get the idea that they see collections of players, not teams.

especially if Housh was right, we should have charged those guys tuition today... and they still don't get it.

PFnV

What do you expect from an organization that has to make bail every week to field a 45 man roster?

childish..thats all i can think of...imagine anyone of the pats saying that after the loss..

Yeah... "Who Dey?" should have won...

whatever dumb ass es...

"Team prison stripes"...

Wow.....

Man Bruschi....that's pretty slanted reporting. I must say. Now I didn't hear the press conference for TJ's quote, but I did for Carson's. Not only did you misquote what he did say, but you also cut the quote off just before he went on to praise how great our organization is. Now if that wasn't your chop job I apologize and I should be calling ESPN out for it instead....because that's really just piss poor.

RPCity said:
Wow.....

Man Bruschi....that's pretty slanted reporting. I must say. Now I didn't hear the press conference for TJ's quote, but I did for Carson's. Not only did you misquote what he did say, but you also cut the quote off just before he went on to praise how great our organization is. Now if that wasn't your chop job I apologize and I should be calling ESPN out for it instead....because that's really just piss poor.
Thank ESPN television for that bit of reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes