PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Housecleaning and...disappearing threads???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Wanted to read some of the threads about yesterdays camp...and saw that many were moved...to where?? The 08 TC Forum has one sticky...and nothing else?? A hidden forum?? Just wanted to see where they were moved to..

The problem with moving treads that I find is that frequently a specific point is made about something then we get responses and then it is moved to a thread that may have a hundred or more responses.

The point or view is totally lost in the bigger thread making it impossible to follow or too time consuming. Too often that very master thread ends up hijacked as well.

I have no prob. moving duplicate threads - but more consideration should be made before related threads are merged.

There were 3 or 4 threads on Reiss' observations from yesterday that were posted and merged. Other than that, not a whole lot was merged - just a few duplicates (same blog post posted within seconds or minutes on here). A few thread titles were modified here and there to accommodate this, but nothing major.

This is the thread (2 pages) that most of the quotes and various Globe reports were merged into:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=88134

Last edited:
more consideration should be made before related threads are merged.
double- triple- and quadruple-ditto

Some threads get way off the original topic, then when an new thread that is totally different but has the same subject comes along, it is merged into the garbage thread. So we have one thread on, say, Maroney, when it really might be three totally different threads, like "Is Maroney made of Glass?" "Single feature back vs platooning backs," and the obligatory troll hijack of "Why Addai is better than Maroney."

Posters could help, of course, by not titling threads with titles like "Seymour," "What next?" About time," "Cap info," "Oline," etc and actually put the topic in the title.

But sometimes threads that have nothing in common but a title are merged.

(Overall, mods do a great job. THis is just one area that could use tweaking.)

There were 3 or 4 threads on Reiss' observations from yesterday that were posted and merged.
Yes, IMO these are the kinds of things that merge was designed for, along with multiple threads on breaking news (which are pretty much unavoidable).

And somehow the "Brady's physique" thread survived the cuts.

I too think sometimes there is a little to much merging but what are we going to do. It goes both ways don't merge at all and you will search all day for the threads you do want to post in.

I was a little annoyed yesterday when notes I found for the PM practice were merged with the AM practice. This was fine until I saw a Mod start a thread on his own that could have gone in the camp notes thread and probably would have been merged had I created it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back