Welcome to PatsFans.com

House Silent on Briish Hostage Crisis

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Why is it not surprising:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Members of the House left Washington on Friday for their two-week spring break without weighing in on the international crisis tormenting the nation's closest ally: the capture of 15 British sailors and marines by Iran.

The omission by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., is being noted by some Republicans, who say they should have gotten the chance to join the Senate in denouncing Tehran's bold actions.

"I am very disappointed that the speaker chose not to act," said Rep. Charles Dent, R-Pa.

"I believe it's important for us as Americans to show our solidarity with the Britons," he added in a phone interview Friday. "The British are our closest allies, and I think we have to stand next to them in a moment like this."

... more:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8O6MPD80&show_article=1&catnum=0
  2. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I believe that 2 carrier groups steaming off the Iranian coast is more than enough support. Rumor has it Nancy is not that accurate with small arms.:D

Any comments by us while they negotiate for release would be dangerous and play into Iranian interests.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

It wasn't lost on the WH that the Iranians took the Brits hostage the day after the dems voted to cut and run.
  4. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think Hillary gave the Brits the wrong GPS coordinates.;)

Damn those Democrats
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

Of course the Brits were in the wrong and not the Iranians, but of course you always believe anything our enemies claim.
  6. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I was attempting some humor....but your raging Rushism blinds you to anything but your narrow point of view. Moron!
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

No matter what the House does or does not do, there will always be criticism of Nancy Pelosi, the Republicans did not raise too big a stink about a couple of weeks off did they. Did not hear anyone filibustering on the floor asking for the Dems to stay so they could all resolve this situation. So it is a loose, loose situation.. the same way with George, I am pretty confident he will use the opportunity to stir up some crap, make some threats, fabricate some intelligence and rattle some sabers.
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

We need to STFU and let the Brits handle this. If they need us, they'll tell us, and I'm sure most people woundn't be opposed to providing support. Were these American soldiers, we wouldn't want the Brits to stir up any trouble.
  9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A public statement form the Speaker of the House saying she stands with the President in condemming Iran's hostile actions would play into Iranian interests...? Sorry but that's bullsh*t and you know it.
  10. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah... heaven forbid we act provocatively towards the country that kidnapped 15 of our allies :rolleyes:

A united front in the arena of international diplomacy is neither meaningless nor vacuous.

You don't seem to know what you think you know. Stop being such a liberal apologist.
  12. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You ever stop to consider that Iran might be trying to bait us into a confrontation?

If American hostages were in the same situation I would want my staunch allies to STFU until requested to do otherwise.

What I also know is that based upon your statements you should STFU about determaining what I think or know. You are not qualified to do so.

Watch some more Star Wars reruns...
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

The Democrats still can't get it through their heads that these Smelly Muslim Terrorist Butchering Pigs are not like any enemy we have gone to war with before, they have no generals, they have no rules, they have no uniforms, they are rotten savages who kill their own women and children using them as suicide bombers, they are filthy bloodthirsty animals who are on a mision to install their RELIGION into every country in the world.

You Anti Christian's who think Jesus is bad wait until you get a taste of Mohammad and his steak knife.

You Bush Hating Sore Losers can surrender tomorrow, and when the troops are all home these Headhunter Vermin Swine will then pay us another visit with their litlle back pack Nukes, they may even send one of their cute little 10 yr old girls with her little veil on into your kids school and blow your kids intestines all over the blackboard, the last words you child will ever hear will be "God Is Great Praise Allah".

The scummy Auntie Pelosi Gang will be their accomplish in this attack, the democrats will be doing their usual slobbering and pandering to these Muslim Bastards and telling the rest of us what great people they are, they will squeal, fawn and splutter about how everything is peaches and cream, they will tell us how we can all stop worrying about Middle Eastern Looking men, they will tell us how we can stop looking in bags at the airports, they will then tell us it is time to get to work on Free Health Care, Handing Out Free Goodies To Illegal Aliens and then the the Muslims will Blow Hollywood right off the map-------HOORAY Hollywood is gone.

GOD IS GREAT DEATH TO AMERICA
    :bricks:
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Why is the women Hostage wearing a Scarf on her head?

They better not let that squirmy little weasel Jimmy Carter get mixed up in this.
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Then you obviously just don't know how international diplomacy operates. The first thing a country wants is to receive shows of support from the international community.

Your statements themselves are showing your ignorance regarding how nations behave during such a crisis. Don't get mad at me for your own ignorance.

And, finally, you part with the surest sign that you have been defeated in an argument. Concession accepted.
  16. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I am dazzled by your detailed analysis.

Might I ask where your comprehensive acumen regarding international diplomacy comes from? Can you name any other country in the world that has leaped unilaterally to Britain's side with public pronounciations of support and condemnations of the Iranians? They ...unlike you..understand that quiet considered backroom discussions..NOT CHEST THUMPING...is best at this point to insure the safety of those held hostage.

Your smug pronounciations aside...you are simply to dumb to see the truth.

I conceed nothing to the likes of you and will continue to drill holes in any foolish statements forthcoming.
  17. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No doubt this is true... My analysis, while hardly detailed, is clearly too much for your idiocy.
    By reading the news and having an adult understanding of how the world works.
    Gee, then tell us genius... why is Britain making an appeal to the UN Security Council..? Maybe because they know that international pressure can and does go a long way towards solving such a crisis.
    See, you keep saying that and yet all the evidence suggests stupid. You're too stupid to even realize how stupid you are.

And now I leave you to have the last word you are so desperate and determined to have. I am done trying to educate you when you are so determined to remain completley ignorant.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +261 / 10 / -11

19. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Brilliant :rolleyes:
  20. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

By raising the issue of British requests for UN support you have made my point for me. My postion was that we should STFU until the Brits requested specific support. In approaching the UN first they mitigated any Iranian attempts to smokescreen the negotiations by introducing the US as proxy in future Diplomatic initiatives. Unilateral and unsolicited statements of vitriolic nonesense would not work to the Brits advantage. They knew this.

You did not understand this....end of debate :bricks: