Welcome to PatsFans.com

House Puts Lid on Pork Barrel

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Jan 6, 2007.

1. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

232 House Democrats and 48 House Republicans voted to curb the middle-of-the-night backroom deal making that resulted in approval of embarrassing and sometimes illegal pork barrel projects. Bridge to nowhere-gone. The vote requires all committees to disclose all sponsors of earmarks. Aunt Pelosi seems to really be a party pooper, huh Harry.
  2. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +134 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

They did nothing of the sort, pork will still be there in every bill. Pass a line item veto and I will get excited.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

I would still like to know if they intend to do anything about Sandy Burglars "secret document lifting" and that other guy with "The Frozen Money" in his refrigerator (by the way the frozen money guy got a standing ovation at Auntie Pelosi's Coronation)

Republican Crooks are "Crooks"
    Democrat Crooks are "Heros"
    :singing:
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sorry to rain on your parade, dude, but I'll believe that when it happens. Until then it's: fool me once, that's your fault; fool me twice that's my fault. They've shucked and jived -- look at the BIG DIG to Hell !! -- so much I have become, shall we say, "skeptical".

Let's see a season of no-pork bills get passed, then we can celebrate. Not before.

//
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +271 / 10 / -26

Will never happen, this is the way of life in DC, if and when it changes then we will have a gov't by and for the people, not by and for big business.