'Hottest' NFL Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
i have considered always Arrowhead Stadium (KC) the hottest...

what is yr 'top 5' list ?

the loudests of course...

I Like Arizona Stadium

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he means the loudest stadium, not the hottest. Arrowhead is probably the loudest because it's an older stadium. The newer designed stadiums like Gillette tend not to carry sound as well as the older ones. Therefore, older stadiums like Arrowhead, Giants Stadium, and Ralph Wilson Field tend to be a bit louder.

of course i was meaning the loudest...

KC is imho clearly number one.

I heard the Colts stadium is pretty loud. Especially when they are pumping artificial crowd noise into the place to act as a distraction for visiting teams.

Arrowhead is make-your-ears-bleed loud. You can not truly appreciate it on TV, it is simply unreal. And what stunned me even more, and I never noticed on TV... the crowd doesn't wait for third down to get loud. Those nutcases are on their feet screaming and stomping every single defensive down.

It's not just the stadium, it's the fans. My uncle who took me to the game refused to let me out of the house in my normal, brown leather jacket... he would not let me go, and sit in his seats unless I was wearing at least a red KC jacket. And he was deadly serious. That's why you always see a sea of red in the stands at Arrowhead. The KC fanbase is diehard.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Arrowhead is make-your-ears-bleed loud. You can not truly appreciate it on TV, it is simply unreal. And what stunned me even more, and I never noticed on TV... the crowd doesn't wait for third down to get loud. Those nutcases are on their feet screaming and stomping every single defensive down.

It's not just the stadium, it's the fans. My uncle who took me to the game refused to let me out of the house in my normal, brown leather jacket... he would not let me go, and sit in his seats unless I was wearing at least a red KC jacket. And he was deadly serious. That's why you always see a sea of red in the stands at Arrowhead. The KC fanbase is diehard.

and in pre-season too (like against STL) the crowd was VERY VERY LOUD.

when i see their stadium full of people everyone with a red KC jacket...wow...

i remember that also MIN was very loud (i remember one evening i was on NFL com listening to a NE @ MIN game and when Bledsoe was in the rumour was so loud i was unable to listen...)

T-ShirtDynasty said:

I couldn't agree with you more.Arrowhead is always a living hell for visiting teams.Teams must bring their A game in all phases of the game to have a shot at winning in Arrowhead.Visiting teams also has to deal with The Sea Of Red @ Arrowhead.I would love for the Razor to be just as loud as Arrowhead this year.

Last edited:
I had heard so much about Arrowhead but when I went to the Patriots game there several years ago, I wasn't that impressed. The only thing I have to compare it to is Memorial Stadium in Lincoln and I don't think it was any louder than that.

Welker83 said:
Their new facility has a dome and is inside....

Doesn't it actually have a retractable roof or is that the field?

Willie55 said:
Doesn't it actually have a retractable roof or is that the field?
I don't know about the roof, but I had heard that the field actually rolls out into the parking lot which is pretty sweet.

huskeralk said:
I had heard so much about Arrowhead but when I went to the Patriots game there several years ago, I wasn't that impressed. The only thing I have to compare it to is Memorial Stadium in Lincoln and I don't think it was any louder than that.
Personal Ear Ringing Level:
Pitts Game @ Three Rivers Stadium - No ringing the next day
Rock/Rap/Metal concert - 1 day
Robert Plant concert where I was stuck right in front of a stack of speakers - 2 days
KC Game @ Arrowhead - 3 days. No **** my ears were ringing for three whole days.

Did the Pats get the lead early? Was it a meaningless game or something? I was blown away by the volume and the intensity.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Personal Ear Ringing Level:
Pitts Game @ Three Rivers Stadium - No ringing the next day
Rock/Rap/Metal concert - 1 day
Robert Plant concert where I was stuck right in front of a stack of speakers - 2 days
KC Game @ Arrowhead - 3 days. No **** my ears were ringing for three whole days.

Did the Pats get the lead early? Was it a meaningless game or something? I was blown away by the volume and the intensity.
No, actually the Chiefs had the lead early and Vinatieri missed the winning kick in the final seconds. IMO it was still no louder than a Nebraska game.

hey my friends...yr top 5 loudest NFL stadium ?

Echoing T-Shirt, if Arrowhead is the loudest --- I haven't been, but I'll take people's word for it --- then Heinz Field is pretty surely #2. It never quiets down for a minute, and the constant noise level is WAY HIGH.

I gotta give another vote to arrowhead. I have been to Arrowhead, Giants stadium, Old foxboro, Gillette, and a bunch of college stadiums. Arrowhead was hands down the loudest. One stadium that surprised me was Mountaineer Field. Good friend goes to WVU so i visted when they were playing Pitt. Very very loud.

was Foxboro-Schaefer-Sullivan louder then Gillette ? i can imagine 'yes'...

italianpatthepatriot said:
was Foxboro-Schaefer-Sullivan louder then Gillette ? i can imagine 'yes'...

yea it was definetly louder in Foxboro. I really hope we can get some semblance of that enviorment back into Gillette.

desi-patsfan said:
yea it was definetly louder in Foxboro. I really hope we can get some semblance of that enviorment back into Gillette.

i would hope so too but...difficult...

SEA is also a very loud place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back