Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
NFL | Free agency starting three days later
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:06:44 -0800

ESPNews reports the NFL has delayed the start of free agency by three days. It was previously scheduled to begin Friday, March 3.

................. Why?

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

NFL | Negotiations for CBA to resume
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:15:25 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports both the NFL and the NFL Players Association have agreed to delay the start of free agency in order to resume negotiations on the collective bargaining agreement.

NFL | Cut-down deadline moved to Sunday
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:15:05 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the NFL has moved the cut-down deadline for teams to get under the salary cap to 6 p.m. Sunday, March 5.

Looks to me like the Gene Upshaw backed down. It seems that enough vets got cut today. I think we are going to continue to see vets get cut, though, just to send the message that the teams won't stop cutting unless a deal is done.

I'll bet Upshaw started taking heat from players.

Thank you lord, so there still is hope!

DaBruinz said:
Looks to me like the Gene Upshaw backed down. It seems that enough vets got cut today. I think we are going to continue to see vets get cut, though, just to send the message that the teams won't stop cutting unless a deal is done.

Upshaw must have been shocked the UNANIMITY of the owner's decision.

The only way the players was going to get any concession was to split the owners apart.

But the unanimous vote sent the unequivocal message that the players' demands were out of bound.

From what I understand, it was an owners extension...maybe being sure Upshaw takes heat from the players. Frankly, I think both sides have to take a few steps back and see if they really wish to kill the goose. With Tags and Upshaw having last contracts, I don't think either wish to go down in history for the ruination of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes