PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hoping for the bicker-free AV vs. Longwell debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
To comment on SMG93's post, I appreciate the statistics that you provided. I think they make a very valid arguement in support of Longwell.

Listen, you can't replace Adam V because you can't replace history. You can't replace a hometown legend. Adam, like Belichick, Brady, Bruschi, etc., is synonymous with the dynasty-era Patriots.

However, kickers are paid for regular, day to day field goals, not to cement great moments in history. And from a game to game production standpoint, Longwell and Adam V are peers. A year ago, when Adam was nearly perfect, I would have screamed to sign him at all costs. In 2005, he was merely average, save that legend cementer against Pittsburgh.

If the goal of the Patriots is to placate the fans at all costs, than Adam V is worth every penny. If the goal is to build the best team possible with the cap dollars provided, than we're better off giving Adan V the hero's sendoff while pocketing the cool $1million less it would colst to sign longwell.

Word..... :rocker:

Thanks, believe me the last thing I wanted to do was ask who was better. The point of that thread was to show that we have options in case AV decides to leave the team. Perhaps the title of the thread should have been Possible option for AV instead of Adam vs Ryan Longwell. I'm sure people read the title and assumed the thread was something else instead of its intended purpose. Oh well, at least it was exciting. Haha. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes